Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#1861 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

im bored, so i will ask a stupid question, does any body know or ad up how much they are going to spend on games this BF ?
i keep going back and forth, between around $175-225 ?. lots of games to choose from.....

If I get everything I want, I'd pick up:

Borderlands 2 @ Walmart
Forza Horizon @ Walmart
Madden 13 @ Walmart
Dishonored @ Walmart
couple 1600 points cards @ either Target or Walmart if I can easily PM.

So about $100-$150

Assuming Walmart is a cluster like last year?

Borderlands 2 for $35 at either Target or BB.com (I have a little BB credit so maybe there) and some points cards...the other games I can pass on if needed and then I'd only be out $50 or so

#1862 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

im bored, so i will ask a stupid question, does any body know or ad up how much they are going to spend on games this BF ?
i keep going back and forth, between around $175-225 ?. lots of games to choose from.....

assassins creed 3
forza horizon
little big planet karting
madden 13
NFS most wanted
sports champions 2
nba 13
fable (kinect)
1600 MSP for $10.

those are just some of the games i want, so many to choose, But only a little bit of CA$H.

If Amazon doesn't mess up I should have to spend a lot less due to $56 credit & $2 promotional credit. And I have $140 set aside but I'm hoping not to even use more then half.

#1863 dyne

dyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Is there any chance the Wal-Mart deals will be able to be claimed online for in-store pickup? Sorry if this has been asked but I didn't see it in the op. All I want is the $100 3DSXL and Forza.

#1864 Woolagaroo

Woolagaroo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Is there any chance the Wal-Mart deals will be able to be claimed online for in-store pickup? Sorry if this has been asked but I didn't see it in the op. All I want is the $100 3DSXL and Forza.

That is a DSi XL, not a 3DS XL, just so you know.
Posted Image

#1865 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

You technically get five games, but it's 99% most likely going to be the infamous 1&2 with dlc code for festival of blood pack and Uncharted dual greatest hits pack. That means there will only be "two" games that contain all five games listed.

Still not bad considering the system bundle is $50 cheaper on top of that.

wonder if i could dump those 2 game for like 30 cash somewhere and get the system for lke 170

can you hook cord controllers up to this system
WOOOO I STINK

#1866 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

wonder if i could dump those 2 game for like 30 cash somewhere and get the system for lke 170

can you hook cord controllers up to this system

Dude are you nuts? PS3 has USB ports... So unless you use the USB charging cord that comes with the wireless controller umm no wired controllers. I mean really!!?

Don't buy a PS3 because you aren't even interested enough to research the console.

#1867 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Dude are you nuts? PS3 has USB ports... So unless you use the USB charging cord that comes with the wireless controller umm no wired controllers. I mean really!!?

Don't buy a PS3 because you aren't even interested enough to research the console.

I think that's the cord he meant? Maybe not.

#1868 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

Kind of disappointed with Gamestop's ad. There are some good deals, but it's like they took them from previous non-Black Friday sales and combined them into one ad. With the exception of the PS3 bundle, nothing screams "great for Black Friday".

And to be honest, I'm disappointed with all of the BF ads for this year. Two Batman games from Walmart and a Microsoft points card from Target are all I am interested in.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#1869 tat12321

tat12321

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Is ps vita worth buying? I have $160 gift card at bestbuy.

#1870 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

I think that's the cord he meant? Maybe not.

When someone says "cord controllers" they are so talking about something like oh... Duelshock 2 controllers aka wired. Hold me back man!!!!!!!!!!! I think the boredom of waiting for amazon's ad is pissing me off...
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#1871 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Lawdahmercy! A lotta big spenders in here. For those going instore, all I can say is be safe out there. I know it'll get crazy out here in Chicago but honestly I'm excited and can't wait to hear about everybody's experience.

Chitown CAG represent!!

#1872 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

With all the free games coming via PS+, I would say yes.

#1873 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

I think it's safe to say that ACIII will be the only one on sale. Everything else will be three cents below MSRP or $59.96.

Lol, always so quick to deny it. :lol:
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Call Of Duty : Ghosts
:vita: Currently Playing : Flower, Flying Hamster, PS4 Remote Play

#1874 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Trying to get these games at Walmart seems like a death sentence to me.

#1875 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

I received a pretty nice paycheck this week, so I've got to save at least some of it, but I worked a lot the past several weeks in order to save up and plan for Black Friday. I'm thinking I'll probably spend over $200 or so on games, and probably $200 or so on Blu-Rays.
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Call Of Duty : Ghosts
:vita: Currently Playing : Flower, Flying Hamster, PS4 Remote Play

#1876 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Don't buy it unless you're looking specifically for a pick-up-and-play handheld and are interested in the existing titles. I think people tend to get disappointed when they expect a.) it to be exactly like a console, b.) are looking for games with a lot of meat, and c.) have a lot of time to play video games.

It's a great companion device if you like something to do while you're watching tv or commuting or whatever. I think it's less than ideal if you're the type that sits down and plays video games for 3-4 hours at a time.

#1877 Ayn

Ayn

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Oh neat, $199 AC3L bundle.

Best Buy might end up hating me. After seeing PS+ have Gravity Rush for free next week, I tried to return my copy and swap out for credit towards a mem card, but they said no because I'd gotten it as part of a bundle deal with ME3 and Shinobido 2. ...Sooo I took all 3 back, and got Shiobido 2 cheap somewhere else.

Since I still haven't opened the Vita, I may end up taking that back too if I can score a bundle from Gamestop. Ended up not paying much for it in the first place because I had about $75 in gift cards and another $60 in store credit for trade ins.. but hey, now I can just put that towards a larger mem card and starter kit.

Good thing I take forever to open anything!

#1878 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Got the Toys R Us ad for the days leading up to Thanksgiving. Nothing too special, though the buy one get one 40% works that week.

Batsugunner.png

#1879 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

I am likely not setting foot in Walmart at all on BF except maybe seeing if they have any "leftovers".

#1880 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Oh neat, $199 AC3L bundle.

Wait, what?! Where did you see the White Vita bundle on sale for $199?! This was the Vita deal I was hoping for for Black Friday NOT the COD one.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#1881 Nick45

Nick45

Waiting for Persona 5!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Wait, what?! Where did you see the White Vita bundle on sale for $199?! This was the Vita deal I was hoping for for Black Friday NOT the COD one.

Gamestop has it.

#1882 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Oh crap. Thanks Nick. To Gamestop!!!! :D
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#1883 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Don't buy it unless you're looking specifically for a pick-up-and-play handheld and are interested in the existing titles. I think people tend to get disappointed when they expect a.) it to be exactly like a console, b.) are looking for games with a lot of meat, and c.) have a lot of time to play video games.

It's a great companion device if you like something to do while you're watching tv or commuting or whatever. I think it's less than ideal if you're the type that sits down and plays video games for 3-4 hours at a time.

But the commercials say "Console quality on the go" are you saying they are...... Lying? lolz
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#1884 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

I'm getting a Vita for the 100+ hours of Persona 4 Golden.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#1885 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Golden Abyss is console quality. Gaiden is a console game. It's up to the developers to make quality content.

#1886 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

I wanted a ragnarok odyssey sale :(
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1887 ilnadmy

ilnadmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

So Dishonored for $29.99 at both K-Mart and Gamestop. Does anyone know when the deal goes live at K-Mart? Can I walk in anytime on Thursday and pick it up?

#1888 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

I wanted a ragnarok odyssey sale :(

gamefly has them for 32 or less
WOOOO I STINK

#1889 fgnbtz

fgnbtz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Based on everyone's experience last year, if they had a PS3 bundle, did stores sell out or did the stock last throughout the day and into the following days?

I don't feel like going out just for the PS3. Did online retailers have it too? Specifically Amazon?

#1890 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

I want Amazon to PM that ACL Vita Bundle, since I don't want to go out to Gamestop D: