Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#1891 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Best Buy lists Assassin's Creed Revelations for $8 on xbox but doesn't mention ps3. Do you think they will have it for both? If not is there any way to work this so you can get the ps3 version for that price? like buy the xbox version then exchange it afterwards or go to another store and just try to pm it? please help

#1892 Vacabck

Vacabck

Social Retard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Where is the cheapest copy of X-Com? I can't find any deals on it yet.

That's really the only thing I was looking for on Black Friday, all the shopping for X-mas is already done and that's the only game I am currently missing that I really want.
Friend Code: 0731-4859-4967
Posted Image

#1893 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Where is the cheapest copy of X-Com? I can't find any deals on it yet.

That's really the only thing I was looking for on Black Friday, all the shopping for X-mas is already done and that's the only game I am currently missing that I really want.

It's $25 at Walmart.

#1894 rayshon1

rayshon1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

According to the leaked Black Friday ad for Gamestop, BF3 Premium Edition will be $30.

That means if I buy it for PC, I'll get the game and all of the expansions for only that $30, correct?

Do I actually have to go in store? It's digital download, right?

#1895 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Based on everyone's experience last year, if they had a PS3 bundle, did stores sell out or did the stock last throughout the day and into the following days?

I don't feel like going out just for the PS3. Did online retailers have it too? Specifically Amazon?

I asked this before and seems they went within a few hours. So if you camp out you'll probably get 1. If you go like at 8am on Friday maybe not. Though people have suggested that Online was a different story and have been seeing systems being sold throughout the day Online like at Sony's website. So if you're willing to wait for shipment you can buy it Online and probably get one. Though this is what people have mentioned through their experience.

#1896 Vacabck

Vacabck

Social Retard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

It's $25 at Walmart.

Ugh, of all places it had to be Wal Mart. Thanks for finding that for me, I couldn't tell what was in their ad.
Friend Code: 0731-4859-4967
Posted Image

#1897 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

So: How much faith do we have in Amazon to come close to what Walmart does? And what will we accept without whining as the I Didn't Have To Brave Walmart At 8 P.M. On Thanksgiving Surtax, $5-$10 per game?

I see a lot of stuff I would snag at Walmart ($25 Borderlands 2/Madden/2K13/Dishonored/XCOM/WWE 13, $30 Black/White 2), because I know it's going to be hard to find things for that guano crazy a price through Christmas, but a) I like my family and b) I'm not going to go to Walmart for the exclusive purpose of getting nothing because I'm not going to run through a store with hundreds of other people running through it.

Side note: How likely is it that Amazon actually does MORE than Walmart ... but not until Cyber Monday etc.?

#1898 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Ugh, of all places it had to be Wal Mart. Thanks for finding that for me, I couldn't tell what was in their ad.

I had to re-read all of the first post a few times to make sure I understood everything. And then I realized everything I'd really want is at Walmart.

#1899 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

So: How much faith do we have in Amazon to come close to what Walmart does? And what will we accept without whining as the I Didn't Have To Brave Walmart At 8 P.M. On Thanksgiving Surtax, $5-$10 per game?

I see a lot of stuff I would snag at Walmart ($25 Borderlands 2/Madden/2K13/Dishonored/XCOM/WWE 13, $30 Black/White 2), because I know it's going to be hard to find things for that guano crazy a price through Christmas, but a) I like my family and b) I'm not going to go to Walmart for the exclusive purpose of getting nothing because I'm not going to run through a store with hundreds of other people running through it.

Side note: How likely is it that Amazon actually does MORE than Walmart ... but not until Cyber Monday etc.?

Expect them to match Best Buy more than Wal-mart and LOL @ the hope of them topping either, unfortunately
Posted Image

#1900 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Why do people keep asking questions where the answers will be pure speculation?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1901 thenadz

thenadz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

For some reason, I feel that Forza Horizons for $15 at Walmart is a misprint
Posted Image

Every single Xbox 360 Game I own (56 total as on 05/19/09):
http://gametz.com/fo...341505.html#new

AKA my official tradelist, check there for a comprehensive and detailed tradelist if you dont see anything on my cag list

#1902 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Why do people keep asking questions where the answers will be pure speculation?

Because sometimes, people want to ask questions to get feelings rather than facts?

#1903 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Because sometimes, people want to ask questions to get feelings rather than facts?

I ALWAYS ask questions hoping to be felt.

#1904 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Possibly...but, if it is, I think they still have to honor the ad unless they post a correction at the front of the store.

#1905 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Just read that Fry's Electronics will be price matching on Black Friday. Still no word on their ad?

"Fry's Electronics will match prices on identical, in-stock items from authorized local or online competitors, though some items are excluded. Fry's is also honoring price-matching on select items within 15 to 30 days of purchase, and will issue customers a 10% refund of the item's purchase price."

#1906 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Based on everyone's experience last year, if they had a PS3 bundle, did stores sell out or did the stock last throughout the day and into the following days?

I don't feel like going out just for the PS3. Did online retailers have it too? Specifically Amazon?

A couple years ago, I got an Uncharted 2 + MoH bundle at Walmart. The deal started at 5 AM, but for some stupid reason, my friend and I thought we needed to wait in line at midnight in order to secure a spot. Turns out we could've gotten there at 4-4:30 and still got one. However, I do think that they ended up selling out by ~5:30-6.

#1907 CommanderShiro

CommanderShiro

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

So what's the maximum amount of money you guys are looking to spend next week? i got $150 set aside and most of that is going to Walmart for games. Whatever's leftover will prolly go to Best Buy and Amazon for blu rays.

Probably around $130 max on games/accessories at Walmart and Gamestop. Have some money set aside for dvds/blu rays and other things.

I wouldn't rule it out. Few years back Best Buy's ad had Command and Conquer 3: Complete Edition on sale for $5-10. Don't remember the exact price. Few days before the sale, they removed CC3 from ad and replaced it with older CC game. When I went to store on Black Friday the print ads there still had CC3. Cashier scanned my game as $50, but I pointed out the print ad. A manager came then looked at print ad and approved my discount. Make sure to have the print ad just in case it may help.

#1908 mkh

mkh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Man. I don't really have a set guidline. If I don't get a PS3 for $200 I won't buy one at all. I'll probably spend $50 on games but have only a few in mind. Outside of that I'm not looking for much.

#1909 BrynnFlynn

BrynnFlynn

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

http://kotaku.com/59...he-vita-and-ps3

Looks like all of the bundles are $200. Wonder if the retailers will all match it, or whether I have to get it from Sony.

#1910 Bullitt24

Bullitt24

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

If i get fifa 13 and forza horizon now from best buy, can i take the black friday ad back on thursday or friday next week from walmart and get the differrencr back?

#1911 petethepanda

petethepanda

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Me too. Looking at the picture of the stack 'o games on the digital ad, I don't see any trace of Forza.

#1912 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Anyone see this from bfads:

Some interesting news just came out by way of the Walmart Facebook page. A shopper asked if items on Layaway can be price-adjusted to their Black Friday prices to which Walmart answered: If you have [any] item on Layaway and would like to receive the reduced price during our Black Friday sale the item(s) would need to be deleted from the Layaway account and added back to receive the event price (or price matched whichever is lower). Keep in mind layaway will be closed until 9am on Friday (11/23). Event prices for items sold during our first two sales events at 8pm 11/22 and 10pm 11/22 are only available while supplies last so they may be sold out when the Layaway desk reopens.

Here's the big loophole: all of Walmart's Black Friday "events" are while supplies last and don't have a definitive end time. The Walmart CSR seems to imply that with layaway being closed until 9am, the items from the first two events will be sold out and you won't be able to put them on layaway.

But what happens if you put the items on layaway now? Won't Walmart keep those items reserved? If so, shouldn't those items be guaranteed behind the counter should you want to pick them up on Black Friday?

It will probably be hard (or even impossible) to find the Vizio 60" HDTV and the Compaq Laptop in your local store now, but if you had your heart set on all the video-games and movie titles on sale, you might be in luck.

But that's not all because Walmart's price-match policy is in full-effect on Black Friday! That means you can layaway products from competitor stores and price-match them during Black Friday – opening up a world of possibilities.

This is a developing story, remember the source for this information is a comment on the Walmart Facebook page, so take that for what it's worth.

That sounds like a damn good idea.

#1913 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Me too. Looking at the picture of the stack 'o games on the digital ad, I don't see any trace of Forza.

uhh its there Posted Image
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#1914 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Looks like sony is opening up the Vita promotional budget to push the bundles next week.....If correct, Assassins Creed, Black ops and Lego Batman (?) bundles at presumably most retailers will be $200

http://www.joystiq.c...iday/#continued

Exclusive PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita Deals Hit Store Shelves for Black Friday

November 16, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced exclusive Black Friday deals for the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) and PlayStation®3 (PS3™) systems. These bundles include some of the biggest games available this holiday season and will be offered with special reduced pricing for the biggest shopping day of the year.

PS Vita

All three PS Vita bundles will be available for only $199.99 (MSRP) on November 23rd and 24th:

PS Vita Assassin's Creed® III Liberation Bundle includes:
Crystal White PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Assassin's Creed® III Liberation game
4GB Memory Card

PS Vita Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified Bundle includes:
Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified game
4GB Memory Card

Lego® Batman™ 2 Limited Edition PlayStation®Vita Bundle includes:
Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Lego® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes game

#1915 petethepanda

petethepanda

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

uhh its there Posted Image

Huh, weird. The image I saw was different. Or I'm a crazy person.

#1916 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

I really hope that the Vita bundle prices are opened up everywhere at each of the retail locations. I would much rather get the Vita bundle from Best Buy than from Gamestop.

#1917 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Wii Play Motion doesn't look like the version that includes the Wii Remote controller.

#1918 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

What do you guys think of that Galaxy Tab on sale at BB for $179-20? Is the resolution so inferior that I should just pick up the nexus 7?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1919 ludwigfrech

ludwigfrech

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

For all those who are thinking about getting a PSvita it looks like amazon and gamestop will be offering the ACL bundle, and bestbuy will be having the Blops one!

http://www.gamespot....-friday-6400187

#1920 MachineGunMing

MachineGunMing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Wait, so the target ad is for Thursday after 9pm? Meaning I can get the MS points Thursday night not Friday morning!?