Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2011 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Amazon's official list is fairly meh, especially since they're lightning deals which might go very, very fast (if they're for the high-demand items). Good for a second chance, but I think Best Buy will be my priority this year, so I'm not spending all weekend tied to Amazon watching for deals.

That said, the last few years Amazon has mixed things up and added deals as the day goes on, so you do have to keep an eye on things. (I.e., if you check at midnight you may not see all of the lightning deals they'll end up offering through the day). Usually by noon-2pm Pacific time they would stop adding deals.

#2012 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Third party seller. Only available for shipping.

I guess some could try a price match somewhere.

best bet for a pricematch is at local bestbuy store

#2013 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Unless the manager is stupid, they're not going to pricematch a third party seller.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#2014 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

GameFly and Amazon added to OP. Will update the 2nd post over the weekend.

#2015 rmr

rmr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

:boxing:

supercmen.png

card.png

#2016 Heartlesss

Heartlesss

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Yes! Amazon has the PS3 bundle! :) I wished they had the 250 gb XBOX though.

#2017 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Any idea if Amazon means both 360 and PS3 versions of the games will be on sale?

#2018 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

Expect them to match Best Buy more than Wal-mart and LOL @ the hope of them topping either, unfortunately

Well, this was amusing to remember.

#2019 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

So GameFly is PC only? Lame.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2020 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

So GameFly is PC only? Lame.

And the 20% off code, which isn't nothing, isn't much.

#2021 Heartlesss

Heartlesss

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Will amazon add more deals ? or this is it? I really want the 250 gb xbox to be on sale.

#2022 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

HEY CAG's !
im not sure if this is old news or not ? but alot of people were wondering about the whole layaway thing at walmart, as was i, i just came back from my local walmart, and the lady said at the layaway counter, that if i want to put a game on layaway, and if it goes on sale for BF, the item will be price adjusted when you go and pick it up (BF price) and yes, this is after the layaway counter "RE-OPENS on friday or saturday" ?
so i managed to put forza horizon on layaway, just to make sure i get a copy for the $15, im not sure if this is YMMV or not ?
but all the info above ^^ came from one of the main people that worked at the layaway.
i hope this info helps some people, and im sorry if this was already mentioned.

#2023 foxycleo

foxycleo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

I've just got of the chat with someone from Amazon, all the lightning deals apply to specific platform so if they listed Dishonored for PS3 for $25 it will be only for PS3, that completely sux :cry:

#2024 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

I've just got of the chat with someone from Amazon, all the lightning deals apply to specific platform so if they listed Dishonored for PS3 for $25 it will be only for PS3, that completely sux :cry:

That blows...I'll still try but now I'll have to hope for a different deal on NBA 2K13.

#2025 Platinumstorm

Platinumstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

The Amazon deals are bad. Gamefly deals are pretty nice.

#2026 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

I'm pretty positive there will be a lot more Amazon deals. Those are just the Lightning Deals. I'm expecting more information on Monday. Stay tuned!

Also, if you have suggestions for other games (or anything else) you want to see in the 2nd post, feel free to share.

#2027 MikeydCT

MikeydCT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

xbox360achievements.org list Newegg will have 360 250GB bundle for 199.99, I looked to see how much shipping would be and says free for 3 newegg days. Is newegg days just for paid membership or that for everyone?
I was froze today!

#2028 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Man, still no deals on the PS3 wireless headset or the new Pulse headset.

#2029 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

The only things I Really want are:
- Dead Island GOTY
- Target's 1600 XBOX LIVE points (I sure hope Amazon has it or they are selling online)
EDIT: Looks like the points deal is 3 month XBOX LIVE...ugh
- Possibly the Killzone Trilogy and controller pack depending on the price. If not, maybe get $35 PS3 controllers in ANY color it appears based on the ad. Urban Camo or Pink for my daughter.

Edited by doubledown, 17 November 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#2030 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Microsoft Store ad posted on SlickDeals shows:
$15 Forza Horizon
$15 Dance Central 3
$25 Assassins Creed 3

http://slickdeals.ne...Black-Friday-Ad

Will this be online? I'd love to use my $25 Halo 4 credit to buy Forza here but dont have a MS anywhere near me.

Looking at the Amazon deals so far, nothing too special. Will definitely try for Madden 13 on Tuesday but not expecting much else.

Regarding the Walmart layaway, how late on Friday could I pick up my layaway items? I work till 5 so I wouldnt be able to until at least 5:30. And are there any sort of extra fees for a first time layaway user?

#2031 ryanflucas

ryanflucas

Game Boy Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

Maybe it's because I find deals all year round and I'm spoiled, but nothing so far reaches out and slaps me across the face. Maybe a 1600pt card from Target, or a few el cheapo 360 games from Best Buy, but that's about it.

#2032 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

Microsoft Store is great for black Friday if there is one near you. I went last year and it was a short 20 minute wait and there was plenty of each game. Got AC: Revelations for $28 and the AC3 deal is even better if accurate. We also got a couple of $15 Kinect games that recently came out.

Probably didn't even have to wait. There were tons of copies.

#2033 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

Been looking into putting games on layaway, and I was pretty certain that it would work as it has in the past, but something is different this year. On the ad itself for the games section and most of the ad that starts at 8pm it only says Thursday, and seein that layaway is closed until Friday at 9am I see that being a prob. Does my analysis make sense to anyone else or am I just looking into it to much lol.

#2034 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Disappointed to hear that. Sounds like they're cherry picking the platforms for the sale games (maybe based on inventory?). Such a bummer.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#2035 Heartlesss

Heartlesss

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Microsoft Store is great for black Friday if there is one near you. I went last year and it was a short 20 minute wait and there was plenty of each game. Got AC: Revelations for $28 and the AC3 deal is even better if accurate. We also got a couple of $15 Kinect games that recently came out.

Probably didn't even have to wait. There were tons of copies.

Too bad the closes Microsoft Store is hrs away from my house. :(

#2036 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Walmart Layaway for Black Friday/Brown Thursday(lol):

1. Minimum layaway total of $50.

2. Minimum $15 down for EACH item you get(easiest way to explain this). Mininum $10 or 10% down (whichever is HIGHER, PER item) + a $5 fee. The $5 goes towards your purchase, but will be returned as a gift card if cancelled.

3.The items you are interested in purchasing must be picked up during their sale hours. If an item is on sale from 12pm until 5pm, you have between those hours to get the sale price/s or you're SOL. Don't try this if you don't have a couple hours or more to be able to pick up your layaway.

4.You will be able to get the price/s adjusted to the sale price/s AS LONG AS YOU ARE THERE BETWEEN THE HOURS THAT PARTICULAR SALE IS GOING ON.

5.Layaway opens at 9am on BF.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2037 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

You know after I use up my Amazon credit I don't think I'm giving amazon any more business ever again. A lack of AC3 and Borderlands is bull.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#2038 247

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

So $10 mspoints is a no go?

#2039 goi

goi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

dang, I need deals for sonic & all stars racing transformed.

#2040 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

Still don't know about the whole Layaway at Walmart thing. Maybe I'll ask tomorrow when I go to pick up some Blu's.
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...

http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Resident Evil 6, Saints Row 2
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Flower, Call Of Duty : Ghosts