Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2071 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

Hmmm... This makes since. Good thing Amazon has the games I want, too. I didn't think to see if layaway is open on Thanksgiving. If Amazon posts that they are matching Walmart's price on that telescope, I don't think I'll be headed to Walmart, anyway. I shall see after Amazon makes their Monday announcement.

Thought I saw an 8pm somewhere. Too many numbers!!!!!:whee:

Ok. The different Event numbers. I remember the Walmart person mentioning event numbers and I see different ones in the ad with different times. So, as long as a person is going for games, all they have to think about is getting there for the 8pm start time on Thanksgiving.

:drool:Gonna have to type up a list after I see what Amazon has to say.

Some one replied to my original concern saying the sale is from Thur 8pm-fri 11pm. With that being the case it shouldn't be a problem, now it's a ymmv issue as some ppl have said their store denied the notion of being able to do this process.

I asked mine about if and they said no but that as long as your in the physical line when the sale starts and they no longer have a particular item, they will then give you a voucher to go online and purchase the item from the site for the sale price and its be shipped to store. So yea, conflicting reports.

#2072 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Some one replied to my original concern saying the sale is from Thur 8pm-fri 11pm. With that being the case it shouldn't be a problem, now it's a ymmv issue as some ppl have said their store denied the notion of being able to do this process.

I asked mine about if and they said no but that as long as your in the physical line when the sale starts and they no longer have a particular item, they will then give you a voucher to go online and purchase the item from the site for the sale price and its be shipped to store. So yea, conflicting reports.

I may try and talk to the DM of the store I'm thinking of going to and see what they say. I'll be sure to point them to Corporate on Facebook who says it's allowed.

Looking at the ad and there is no mention of a time frame as to the sales. Only lists a start time with the wording while supplies last. It shouldn't be a problem going to layaway when they re-open at 9AM on BF and picking up your stuff at the sale prices.

Hmm.. What if they sell out? No rainchecks.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2073 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

It looks like Amazon has updated the Lightning Deals schedule with platforms listed next to the titles.

They also seemed to have removed those PS3 collections with controllers.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#2074 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

Hmm.. What if they sell out? No rainchecks.

The pricing wouldn't change though I would think so when you went to pick up your stuff it should ring up correctly. I posted this earlier in this thread from the bfads.net site regarding this:

Some interesting news just came out by way of the Walmart Facebook page. A shopper asked if items on Layaway can be price-adjusted to their Black Friday prices to which Walmart answered: "If you have [any] item on Layaway and would like to receive the reduced price during our Black Friday sale the item(s) would need to be deleted from the Layaway account and added back to receive the event price (or price matched whichever is lower). Keep in mind layaway will be closed until 9am on Friday (11/23). Event prices for items sold during our first two sales events at 8pm 11/22 and 10pm 11/22 are only available while supplies last so they may be sold out when the Layaway desk reopens."

Here's the big loophole: all of Walmart's Black Friday "events" are while supplies last and don't have a definitive end time. The Walmart CSR seems to imply that with layaway being closed until 9am, the items from the first two events will be sold out and you won't be able to put them on layaway.

But what happens if you put the items on layaway now? Won't Walmart keep those items reserved? If so, shouldn't those items be guaranteed behind the counter should you want to pick them up on Black Friday?

It will probably be hard (or even impossible) to find the Vizio 60" HDTV and the Compaq Laptop in your local store now, but if you had your heart set on all the video-games and movie titles on sale, you might be in luck.

But that's not all because Walmart's price-match policy is in full-effect on Black Friday! That means you can layaway products from competitor stores and price-match them during Black Friday – opening up a world of possibilities.

#2075 LakersForLife82481

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Kinda underwhelmed with the black friday deals that have been announced so far. I'm hoping amazon puts out more deals on the day of, but so far, my list is as follows:

Gamestop:
Borderlands 2
Dishonored

Best Buy:
Assassin's Creed 3

Wal Mart/Amazon:
NBA 2k13(I doubt I'd get it from Wal Mart, so I'll try to get it from Amazon on thanksgiving. It's going to be a bummer though if amazon is really only selling it for 360.)

I might also buy God of War, GT5, Ratchet and clank, etc., but only if I feel like it.

Honestly, if I can get what's on my list, I'm pretty much set until GTA5 comes out. Sadly, due to school, and other stuff going on in life, my gaming time has taken a massive hit. :(
Posted Image

#2076 bxkid

bxkid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

All these deals that are starting at 8 and 9 is that pst?

#2077 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

im going back to Iowa for thanksgiving, good thing since I live in Omaha and that would be madness
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#2078 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

The pricing wouldn't change though I would think so when you went to pick up your stuff it should ring up correctly. I posted this earlier in this thread from the bfads.net site regarding this:

Some interesting news just came out by way of the Walmart Facebook page.

Spoiler

Ahhh... That makes a lot of sense! Thanks!:D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2079 cmackchase

cmackchase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

All these deals that are starting at 8 and 9 is that pst?

Nope, that is 8 and 9pm your time. Walmart refuses to get shown up again by Toys R Us and the like, So by this time next year, you will be eating a turkey in a line to buy crap at 4pm.

#2080 realkilla789

realkilla789

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

I think I'm just going to wait for the steam deals this year. I have a nice list of games I want to get: walking dead, darksiders 2, dishonored, and sleeping dogs. Gamefly is tempting, but I'll wait for steam.

#2081 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

can someone confirm this is it 1600 MSP for $10 or 3 Month XBOX GOLD for $10 @ Target??????????

the Target website says its 3 Month Gold and here it says 1600 MSP

oh......ffs target..

the ad has been changed to a 3 month card.

guess i have no need to head there now lol

#2082 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

Man, Black Friday seems to be working against me again. For the Black Fridays where I wanted to get a PS3, I would mostly find deals on the Xbox 360. This year, when I want to get a 250 GB Xbox 360, I would mostly see deals on the PS3. ;/

And where are the deals on the Vita memory cards. I need a 32 GB for the new Playstation Plus promo for the Vita this Tuesday., but I don't need it at $80.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#2083 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

forza horizons for 15 at walmart? is that for serious?

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#2084 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Wow I think Gamefly might actually be getting a bunch of my bidness with the PC games on BF...that 20% off code makes a bunch of deals very appealing.

#2085 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Man, Black Friday seems to be working against me again. For the Black Fridays where I wanted to get a PS3, I would mostly find deals on the Xbox 360. This year, when I want to get a 250 GB Xbox 360, I would mostly see deals on the PS3. ;/

And where are the deals on the Vita memory cards. I need a 32 GB for the new Playstation Plus promo for the Vita this Tuesday., but I don't need it at $80.

A couple of stores have the 250 GB bundle for $200 or GS throws in BLOPS 2 for the normal $250.

#2086 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

forza horizons for 15 at walmart? is that for serious?

For the hundredth time, yes. :)

#2087 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Any idea if Xbox live marketplace will have deals? I wouldnt mind buying some games on demand if they were properly priced.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#2088 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Sweet Amazon matched a lot of Walmart deals. Now for two things:

1. Come on Amazon match Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

2. Hoping that I can get in on the 6 Second Lightning Deals.

#2089 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

I waited since Fall of Cybertron came out for black friday and I've waited so long I got bored and watched the walkthroughs and now I'm like MEH

#2090 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Very underwhelmed by Amazon deals. There aren't any must have games for me like last year. AC3 I want but I'll want until that hits $20 in January.

Even if I really wanted any of their deals, I don't have any faith that I'll click within nanoseconds to get the deal I want. What's the certainty people here have on getting stuff? From all the comments last year, a lot of people thought it was messed up. My and my girlfriend clicked the second the deal came up and didn't make it. I ended up going to best buy after midnight without standing in any line and got the games I wanted at the same price.

#2091 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

6 seconds? Damn thing cut me out at 1 second!

#2092 J0HN_L0CKE

J0HN_L0CKE

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Was hoping for a great 3DSXL sale somewhere, and natta across the board.

#2093 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Was hoping for a great 3DSXL sale somewhere, and natta across the board.

Its $180 now at BB I believe

WakaBrea.png

#2094 pixelpushr

pixelpushr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

That Walmart Forza Horizon deal is nice but I'm looking for a good deal on Forza 4. Not sure I'm going to find one.

#2095 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

is it crazy for me to try and sell my mw3 console whilst keeping the hard drive to buy a white one??

Ive never seen one in person but it looks pretty cool.
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#2096 driver01z

driver01z

so i can type anythi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Not bad, Amazon, not bad.

and DEAR GOD, with every CAG knowing what's what beforehand and having their trigger finger on the clicker, the server response is gonna be a clusterfuck.

En garde, fellow cheap asses! May the clicks of ultimate destiny separate the worthy from the dross. HAVE AT YOU!

#2097 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

Delete

#2098 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

Not bad, Amazon, not bad.

and DEAR GOD, with every CAG knowing what's what beforehand and having their trigger finger on the clicker, the server response is gonna be a clusterfuck.

En garde, fellow cheap asses! May the clicks of ultimate destiny separate the worthy from the dross. HAVE AT YOU!

Sup Thor..

#2099 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Not sure, but has the Microsoft Store ad been posted yet?

Good prices on a couple things -

Assassins Creed III - $24.99

Dance Central 3 - $15

Forza Horizon - $15

and more in-store that isn't posted ... plus $100 off a 360 bundle (the kid's bundle with Disney Kinect, etc for $199)

Oh and 3 months LIVE for $12.99

#2100 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Not sure, but has the Microsoft Store ad been posted yet?

Good prices on a couple things -

Assassins Creed III - $24.99

Dance Central 3 - $15

Forza Horizon - $15

and more in-store that isn't posted ... plus $100 off a 360 bundle (the kid's bundle with Disney Kinect, etc for $199)

Oh and 3 months LIVE for $12.99

WTF...... $25?!!! What the god damn hell is going on!