Photo
- - - - -

Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2191 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Alan Wake was one of the few games that actually sucked me in and got me to finish it. I wish MS would gamble more and release games such as that more often. Not copy and paste, but just take a risk and release something different. But the gaming industry is so much about "MONEY NOW!!!" that if it doesnt sell a trillion copies in the first 2 hours than its a flop and they dump it.

One thing I can say for Sony is they do try to mix it up and release quite a few different games exclusive to their platform. Sadly though those who only have a PS3 dont support them enough to warrant a sequel or show that its something theyd wish to continue. I have both a PS3 and a 360 and every game I own on PS3 is a exclusive since its well worth those alone. My 360 time is basically all my multiplats and online gaming which me and my wife use to play together.

All in all gaming was great this generation, it just seemed to me though to be a transitioning period for a lot of people. Companies trying different tech, different ideas with controllers and such. If we could have a PS2 era of gaming but with current technology id be in heaven. But platformers/action adventure/and RPG dont sell as wel as "GET THAT BIG GUN AND SHOOT THAT RED BARREL TILL IT SPLODES!!!"

Alan Wake's gameplay and targeting could be shitty sometimes but the story more than made up for any issues with the controls. There were definitely a couple of areas that were completely unnecessary including an entire chapter that could have been cut out. The problems pale in comparison to what makes the game great though. I thought it was one of the best games this generation.

#2192 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Except you don't have to pay extra to play Call of Duty online on PS3

So true. My daughter almost exclusively plays online games and only has a PS3. She loves Black Ops, Uncharted, and Little Big Planet.

#2193 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Alan Wake's gameplay and targeting could be shitty sometimes but the story more than made up for any issues with the controls. There were definitely a couple of areas that were completely unnecessary including an entire chapter that could have been cut out. The problems pale in comparison to what makes the game great though. I thought it was one of the best games this generation.

Agreed with everything you said, there were for me at least a lot of moments that just completely p****d me off. But like you said the story made up for the few gameplay shortcomings. I really hope they somehow can produce a full fledged sequel for next generation consoles. Also, there were parts that literally scared me...im not ashamed.

#2194 Boeing 747

Boeing 747

In The Name of Harman...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Damn Gamefly is looking good, will that 20% code stack.. has it been confirmed or denied yet?

BF3 Premium for $24 would be ridiculous, lowest it's been ever. FIFA 13 $16!

Even $30 and $20 would be nice though.

Also tempted by Skyrim if it's 20% off and $24, that would be the lowest it's been besides the TRU clearance, played it on PS3 but just recently built a PC so, it's desired but I can wait.

WWE 13 at Wal-Mart for $25 is also a great deal..

#2195 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Bethesda games aren't technically only on 360...
Posted Image

#2196 Jbyrd117

Jbyrd117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Are those video game deals for Best Buy going to be online at same price?
Posted Image

#2197 Nick45

Nick45

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Does anyone think Gamestop will be getting shipments of the AC Vita bundle before Black Friday? I was curious, so I did locate in store, and it said none within 100 miles. I can't imagine that going over too well if they advertise it but not many of the stores have it.

#2198 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Does anyone think Gamestop will be getting shipments of the AC Vita bundle before Black Friday? I was curious, so I did locate in store, and it said none within 100 miles. I can't imagine that going over too well if they advertise it but not many of the stores have it.

FULL DISCLOSURE: Former GameStop employee here

They probably are; they receive shipments every day and anything that's going to be on sale on Black Friday is -- if it isn't already -- being held in the back and not sold on the floor until Black Friday.
Posted Image

#2199 Nick45

Nick45

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

FULL DISCLOSURE: Former GameStop employee here

They probably are; they receive shipments every day and anything that's going to be on sale on Black Friday is -- if it isn't already -- being held in the back and not sold on the floor until Black Friday.

Awesome, thanks! :D

#2200 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Potential dumb question:

Do I have a better chance of staying up at midnight Friday to try and get Lego Batman 2 and Arkham City from Amazon OR going to Walmart for the same games after leaving work at 6 p.m. later that day??

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2201 D4rth Man7iz

D4rth Man7iz

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Might have been posted already but here it goes anyway.

Tentalizing THQ Medley [Download] - $9.99

Homefront
Metro 2033
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerrilla
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Each game can be activated on Steam!

Let's help THQ and buy this cheap pack.

:applause:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2202 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Anyone know if Buy 2 Get 1 Free will have early access for Power Up Pro members?

#2203 wackfiend

wackfiend

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Are those video game deals for Best Buy going to be online at same price?

Wondering this myself. I would love to pick up Sniper Elite and Dead Island at those prices, but don't want to have to deal with people to get them if I don't have to.

#2204 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

So, is there anyone here in the Austin, TX area that has been to a Walmart during Black Friday where it hasn't been that crazy, cause there is no way I am going to place myself in that kinda situation. If so, which store?

#2205 doppelganger

doppelganger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

oh......ffs target..

the ad has been changed to a 3 month card.

guess i have no need to head there now lol

Ugh......saw this a few pages back and thought I'd spread the word. This was gonna be one of the better deals on BF, IMO. But never mind now. I haven't said this once since I've been on this site, but........Fuck.

#2206 darwalker23

darwalker23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

There is no way that the Lightning Deals listed for Amazon are the only deals. CheapyD already posted that there might be more info coming on Monday.

Edited by darwalker23, 17 November 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#2207 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Im expecting non gold box deals on games from mostly last year
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#2208 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Updated the best of post with more Amazon and GameFly deals. If anyone has suggestions on what else they would like to see in that 2nd (or 1st) post, let me know!

I might be in the minority, but I'd love to see the various deals for the Skylanders Giants Starter Pack get added to the 2nd post. I know it's kind of up in the air whether or not the deals will include all systems or just the Wii version, though.

I don't know if it would help at all, but there might need to be a mini-FAQ added to the OP to answer some common questions that keep coming up. For instance, Wal-Mart has never had their video game deals online before.

Does anyone know that CAG-affiliate link for Amazon? I plan on buying quite a bit of stuff from them and I want to give back to the site.
Posted Image

#2209 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I may go to Walmart at 5 to try out this layaway thing for Skyrim ($25) and Forza ($15) what should I do again?

#2210 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Potential dumb question:

Do I have a better chance of staying up at midnight Friday to try and get Lego Batman 2 and Arkham City from Amazon OR going to Walmart for the same games after leaving work at 6 p.m. later that day??

Maybe I'm missing it but it looks like Amazon just has Arkham Asylum: GOTY edition on sale, if that's what you meant. I say if you really want the games, just do both. You'll know if you can get the games at WM on 8PM Thursday so if you don't, come home and order them starting at 9:10 PM on Amazon.
Posted Image

#2211 Strategy101

Strategy101

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Ugh......saw this a few pages back and thought I'd spread the word. This was gonna be one of the better deals on BF, IMO. But never mind now. I haven't said this once since I've been on this site, but........Fuck.

Yeah, I'm seeing scans on some of the "black friday" websites that clearly show the 1600MSP, but then the Target website shows the 3-months XBL card instead.

Part of me wonders if they hoped people will come based on the initial ad, but then switched the ad, so they dont actually have to honor that 1600MSP and most people are usually willing to "settle" so they'll buy stuff at Targets prices vs elswhere.

If anyone sees anything different about the microsoft points, it'd be awesome to know, because I was definitely excited about a 50% off sale on them, as its about as good as you'll ever get.

#2212 Hung_real

Hung_real

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Is it the same deals for Walmart canada ?
Posted Image

#2213 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Looks like the GameStop deals changed a bit, not as bad now, couple good deals in there like LA Noire Complete for $10.

Where are you seeing this?
Posted Image

#2214 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

I may go to Walmart at 5 to try out this layaway thing for Skyrim ($25) and Forza ($15) what should I do again?

Go to electronics and say you want put these games on layaway. Go to layaway and complete transaction. Leave. Come back friday after 9am and tell them you have items on your layaway you want to price match. If they don't already re-ring at the sale price then tell them the price the should be so they can override. Either pay off or leave them to be picked up later. Do not mention trying to pm on the initial transaction since someone along the line will try to deny you can do it.

#2215 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Go to electronics and say you want put these games on layaway. Go to layaway and complete transaction. Leave. Come back friday after 9am and tell them you have items on your layaway you want to price match. If they don't already re-ring at the sale price then tell them the price the should be so they can override. Either pay off or leave them to be picked up later. Do not mention trying to pm on the initial transaction since someone along the line will try to deny you can do it.

Thanks. So i shouldn't mention PMing today?

#2216 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Thanks. So i shouldn't mention PMing today?

I wouldn't. It usually leads to uninformed employees making false accusations and denying sales.

And, for when they say you can't price match for whatever reason, here is the official policy: http://corporate.wal...match-guarantee

No mention of no bf price matching, no mention of stickers must be on a game, no mention of games behind glass don't count, no mention that you can't pm layaway.

#2217 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

LOL. GS deals suck. Sadly, I have 200-300gc burning a hole in my pocket.

btw Microsoft store deals was posted online:

XBOX ONLY
Forza Horizon - $14.99
Dance Central 3 - $14.99
Assassin's Creed III - $24.99

XBL 3-Month - $12.99

#2218 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

I wouldn't. It usually leads to uninformed employees making false accusations and denying sales.

Awesome, thanks so much man.

#2219 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I am thinking of trying this myself but my one question would be is there any penalty or loss of money down if the store refuses to price match or re ring it up at the sale price and you just want your money back? Perhaps a stupid question but I have never done layaway before. Also if you tell them you want to price match do you explain where and why or show them an ad or do they just automatically ring it back up? Thanks

#2220 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

I am thinking of trying this myself but my one question would be is there any penalty or loss of money down if the store refuses to price match or re ring it up at the sale price and you just want your money back? Perhaps a stupid question but I have never done layaway before. Thanks

Technically you lose the $5 fee if you cancel. It could be refunded if you wanted to complain about it.

Just tell them you want to price match. They have to remove the item from your layaway and then put it back on at the matched price. There should be hundreds of copies of the ad, and even though the policy doesn't require the ad, I'd have it just in case.