Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2221 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Wow, Amazon's list is very disappointing.

#2222 CashForGamers

CashForGamers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

CashForGamers.com Black Friday Special:

Extra 30% cash on all trade-ins! This includes games, consoles, and accessories in any condition.

Coupon Code: CAGFRIDAY

Deal begins on 12:01 AM 11/21/12 and ends on 11:59 PM 11/23/12

Link to thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=331984
:shipfree::xbox::gc::ds::ps3::wii:Sell your video games for cash here!:psp::360::ps2::3ds::gba::shipfree:

#2223 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Technically you lose the $5 fee if you cancel. It could be refunded if you wanted to complain about it.

Just tell them you want to price match. They have to remove the item from your layaway and then put it back on at the matched price. There should be hundreds of copies of the ad, and even though the policy doesn't require the ad, I'd have it just in case.

What if the items you want have sold out though? For example, let's say I go in tomorrow and put Borderlands 2, Forza, and Madden on layaway. Thursday night comes and goes and those games sell out. When I go in Friday at 5-5:30 PM (I have to work all day so I can't get there any earlier) and go to layaway can't they refuse the price match because there won't be any other copies available at the sale price?

#2224 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

What if the items you want have sold out though? For example, let's say I go in tomorrow and put Borderlands 2, Forza, and Madden on layaway. Thursday night comes and goes and those games sell out. When I go in Friday at 5-5:30 PM (I have to work all day so I can't get there any earlier) and go to layaway can't they refuse the price match because there won't be any other copies available at the sale price?

Doesn't matter. According to walmart.com those prices are valid until 11pm friday. I can't see the fine print on the ad itself, but it probably says the same.

#2225 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Ughhhh why is XCom and Forza on such good sales at Walmart? :( I guess I'll have to go.

#2226 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

AssCreedLib Vita Bundle will be Amazon's gold box deal all day. Limited supply, but not limited like a lightning deal.

http://www.reddit.co...2u8nf?context=3

Cheapy: This should probably go in the second post.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#2227 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Doesn't matter. According to walmart.com those prices are valid until 11pm friday. I can't see the fine print on the ad itself, but it probably says the same.

And who says the fine print doesn't claim "not valid on layway purchases"? I predict a few disappointed CAGs who try this...

#2228 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

And who says the fine print doesn't claim "not valid on layway purchases"? I predict a few disappointed CAGs who try this...

Price matching is valid on all items in the store, including layaway. When layaway opens at 9am friday any items from the sales may then be placed on layaway. I gaurantee there will be no fine print indicating otherwise on this.

#2229 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Preedatore, did you put any Walmart games on layaway that aren't on the console versions advertized? Just wondering, because I'd put everything on Layaway for PS3, and not all of the games are necessarily for PS3 according to the ad at least (I.E. Dishonored & Most Wanted). So it's kind of risky for me.
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Call Of Duty : Ghosts
:vita: Currently Playing : Flower, Flying Hamster, PS4 Remote Play

#2230 Rafael122

Rafael122

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Not sure if this has been asked yet but on the Amazon Calendar, it lists Madden NFL 2013 on Tuesday and it says PS 3/360, but with the 360 cover.

Then on Friday it lists the same game, same listing but with the PS 3 cover. So...are they selling the game for both systems twice or??

#2231 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Is the Target 10$ MS points deal a doorbuster thing or can I just walk in at 10 pm Thursday and grab some cards I found hidden behind a book?

#2232 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Not sure if this has been asked yet but on the Amazon Calendar, it lists Madden NFL 2013 on Tuesday and it says PS 3/360, but with the 360 cover.

Then on Friday it lists the same game, same listing but with the PS 3 cover. So...are they selling the game for both systems twice or??

My guess they are doing it for both days. More opportunity for people to get in the deal. This guess is based on Sly Cooper Collection being offered two different days in lightning deals.

#2233 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Preedatore, did you put any Walmart games on layaway that aren't on the console versions advertized? Just wondering, because I'd put everything on Layaway for PS3, and not all of the games are necessarily for PS3 according to the ad at least (I.E. Dishonored & Most Wanted). So it's kind of risky for me.

The few games I did were all advertised for that platform. You are correct that it's risky going the other route though. If you pick up at least one item in your layaway you receive the service fee back though. In your situation you would have to hope the games ring up at the sale price already. Though some stores will take care of the customer and pm other platforms, it's ymmv.

#2234 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

AssCreedLib Vita Bundle will be Amazon's gold box deal all day. Limited supply, but not limited like a lightning deal.

motherfucker...i've been busy trading credit from best buy to gs in order to get that bundle; i could have just waited, then gotten a kindle gift card from bby then gotten it from amazon. :headache: plus i also have an extra $12 credit at amazon right now, so i'd have been able to get about $75 off.

Auen1.png?7125

#2235 Ryandb2

Ryandb2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Not sure if it has been posted but FW put up the Microsoft Store ad
http://www.fatwallet...y-2012/1234389/

15 for Forza Horizons, 25 for ACIII, and 15 for Dance Central 3 Not bad :)

#2236 J7.

J7.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Can you pricematch this deal at any stores? Could it only be PMed at Thur 9pm or on Thur-Sun?
1600 Points for $10 at Target - Thursday 9pm

#2237 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

The few games I did were all advertised for that platform. You are correct that it's risky going the other route though. If you pick up at least one item in your layaway you receive the service fee back though. In your situation you would have to hope the games ring up at the sale price already. Though some stores will take care of the customer and pm other platforms, it's ymmv.

Thanks. As convincing as it sounds, I think I'm going to avoid the risk of layaway and just go there Thanksgiving night and see how it goes. Most may call that even more of a risk lol. However, if Dishonored and Need For Speed aren't available for PS3 @ Walmart, at least I have a few other options available where I can get it on PS3.

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands

#2238 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

nice Amazon just got a rep just for physical releases, I hope he joins CAG so we can start getting some great deals

AnQAzfm.png

#2239 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Is ps vita worth buying? I have $160 gift card at bestbuy.

I have a Vita. To be honest you really have to look at the list of games that are out now, if there's a bunch that interest you then go for it. I purchased it on the whim thinking it would blow up with a ton of titles and was pretty disappointed but at the same time I'm more of a fan of rts, puzzles, strategy type games. They have a lot of third and first person shooters if you're into those and the sports games are pretty impressive for a handheld.

#2240 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000853511

How does this work? I want NBA 2k13, WWE 13 and Dishonored. Are my chances of getting those games reasonable? Or unlikely?

Help??

#2241 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000853511

How does this work? I want NBA 2k13, WWE 13 and Dishonored. Are my chances of getting those games reasonable? Or unlikely?

Help??

Depends on how fast you can click. The moment the deal starts (there is a countdown timer for each one), get that click in.

Last year, the most popular games were 100% claimed in under a minute. There is a waitlist function as well, so if someone claims the deal but doesn't check out within 15 minutes, that copy gets removed from their cart and goes to the next account in the waitlist, where the 15 minute timer starts for them.

#2242 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Depends on how fast you can click. The moment the deal starts (there is a countdown timer for each one), get that click in.

Last year, the most popular games were 100% claimed in under a minute. There is a waitlist function as well, so if someone claims the deal but doesn't check out within 15 minutes, that copy gets removed from their cart and goes to the next account in the waitlist, where the 15 minute timer starts for them.

I sit and wait for the timer and I've only ever not got in once, but it is possible.

#2243 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

I want those three games DESPERATELY. If I'm sitting there waiting and click at the start of the deal; will I realistically have a good chance at them?

#2244 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

I want those three games DESPERATELY. If I'm sitting there waiting and click at the start of the deal; will I realistically have a good chance at them?

a small chance, but there is a chance. some people are saying that they usually sell out in less than a minute, it's actually closer to about 1 second.

Auen1.png?7125

#2245 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

a small chance, but there is a chance. some people are saying that they usually sell out in less than a minute, it's actually closer to about 1 second.

I was going to Wal-Mart for Dishonored, NBA 2k13 and WWE '13. Should I Wal-Mart those on Thanksgiving or Amazon those?

#2246 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Use the Amazon App, watch the clock / the item, the second the clock changes, click add to cart or whatever and there you go.

#2247 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

I was going to Wal-Mart for Dishonored, NBA 2k13 and WWE '13. Should I Wal-Mart those on Thanksgiving or Amazon those?

wal mart can be just as bad. not sure how your local wal mart is, but i'd suggest trying online first. last year i got lucky and was able to get every game i tried to get from amazon; others weren't though. if push comes to shove, remember: you should be able to get the same price for the games on the shelves/display cases as the ones in the bin. if they say those are full price, tell them to pack sand. it should ring up as the sale price, or they'll have to adjust it.

Auen1.png?7125

#2248 esploded

esploded

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Are there no bundle options besides the Uncharted+Infamous set?
Also, are best buy deals available online as well? I want the $15 KH:3D, but I'm going to be away during Black Friday.

#2249 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

wal mart can be just as bad. not sure how your local wal mart is, but i'd suggest trying online first. last year i got lucky and was able to get every game i tried to get from amazon; others weren't though. if push comes to shove, remember: you should be able to get the same price for the games on the shelves/display cases as the ones in the bin. if they say those are full price, tell them to pack sand. it should ring up as the sale price, or they'll have to adjust it.

It's not a PACKED Wal-Mart, but I'd say it gets pretty bad. I might get my mom and brother on Amazon, too; at the same time. When the sale starts, we all hit buy. One of us is bound to get the game, right?

If we do get it, how will we know? Because say we all get a copy; we'll want to cancel so others get one.

#2250 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Use the Amazon App, watch the clock / the item, the second the clock changes, click add to cart or whatever and there you go.

This trick also works for the apple store. I may try this this year for the deals I expect to go quick.