Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2251 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

It's not a PACKED Wal-Mart, but I'd say it gets pretty bad. I might get my mom and brother on Amazon, too; at the same time. When the sale starts, we all hit buy. One of us is bound to get the game, right?

If we do get it, how will we know? Because say we all get a copy; we'll want to cancel so others get one.

it'll put it in your cart if you were successful. then whoever gets it can just make a call. you have 20 minutes to cancel it if you don't want it (in case your brother and mother both get the same game).

Auen1.png?7125

#2252 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Even if Wal-mart doesnt let you PM the games you have on layaway, couldnt you just pay them off, then return them?

#2253 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

I think I'm forgoing Wal-Mart and going with Amazon. My brother and cousin are getting on at the same time. NBA 2k13 might be hard, but it shouldn't be a problem getting Dishonored, really.

WWE '13 will be really easy. No one will be rushing to get that. Based on it's time and the other games available, I doubt that many people are getting on for WWE '13 :lol:

#2254 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Hey can someone tell me if the wal-mart deals are also going to be for online?

thumb.gif

My face when i see bullshit.

#2255 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

It's the Ultimate Edition.

Thanks.

#2256 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

That Best Buy 3DS is looking realy tempting but I think im going to go with Walmart.

God of War Saga $15
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition $10
And if im lucky.
Borderlands 2 $25

kikyou1.png

#2257 reaperwilly

reaperwilly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

What if I buy the games now at walmart. Then go at 8pm thursday. And return and rebuy at blackfriday prices/?? Maybe work??

#2258 reaperwilly

reaperwilly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

My gf just informed me that the 8pm prices will only last 20 minutes. So no layaway.....damn

#2259 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Who the hell runs a sale for 20 minutes?

Your g/f is wrong.

#2260 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Who the hell runs a sale for 20 minutes?

Your g/f is wrong.

Good luck telling a woman she's wrong :lol:

#2261 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Just gotta convince them that you said it would only be on sale for twenty minutes and she told you you were wrong.

#2262 USF

USF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Perfect thread. Thanks for this.

#2263 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Has anything been confirmed for Cyber Monday? I want to buy a monitor with my gift card but I don't know if I can get anything Friday. Also does best buy ever post BF deals online?

#2264 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

My gf just informed me that the 8pm prices will only last 20 minutes. So no layaway.....damn

lol, that's not going to happen. People would probably die or at least end up in the hospital.

Edit: In years past I've been able to go in a day later and still get the BF prices on stuff.

#2265 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

This trick also works for the apple store. I may try this this year for the deals I expect to go quick.

I wouldn't call it a trick; it's just another method you can use.

I won two of the Amazon Lightning Deals last year using the iPhone App (Killzone 3 & Resistance 3). However, I would only consider attempting the Lightning Deals as a last resort. It appears that this year, there are a few more options to consider in terms of stores for a majority of games. Because of Walmart & Best Buy, I'm not even sure if I'll have to use Amazon this year, but we'll have to wait and see what happens. Best of luck if you use it though! :)
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Call Of Duty : Ghosts
:vita: Currently Playing : Flower, Flying Hamster, PS4 Remote Play

#2266 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

I wouldn't call it a trick; it's just another method.

I won two of the Amazon Lightning Deals last year using the iPhone App (Killzone 3 & Resistance 3). However, I would only consider attempting the Lightning Deals as a last resort. It appears that this year, there are a few more options to consider in terms of stores. Best of luck if you use it though! :)

I like how you said you wouldnt call it a trick and then go on to say you "won" the Lightning Deals :)

#2267 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

I'm wanting to get a walmart tv this year. How organized are the lines for them? Does each tv get its own line or do you stand in one long line hoping yours doesn't sell out? I remember last year it seemed kind of organized.

#2268 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Has anything been confirmed for Cyber Monday? I want to buy a monitor with my gift card but I don't know if I can get anything Friday. Also does best buy ever post BF deals online?

Mega 64 is releasing their Gamer Warz dvd. haha.

Other then that I don't plan on getting anything else Cyber Monday.

#2269 D4rth Man7iz

D4rth Man7iz

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Can someone please share the link for Microsoft Store BF deals?Thanks ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2270 reaperwilly

reaperwilly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Edit: In years past I've been able to go in a day later and still get the BF prices on stuff.[/QUOTE]

Was that at walmart?

#2271 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

I like how you said you wouldnt call it a trick and then go on to say you "won" the Lightning Deals :)

I'm........sorry? I'm just being honest...

Posted Image

Last year was my first Black Friday where I used my iPhone for everything. I had just gotten it that year, and it came in handy. Last year was also my first experience with Lightning Deals. Years previously, Amazon had deals available for a longer amount of time (non-Lightning Deals) which made purchasing things much simpler. With the Lightning Deals, I didn't know what to expect. I had just the same amount of luck as everyone else, so it's wrong to call it a trick. I had no advantage over anyone. It just happens that I won two of them.

Edited by Miada, 17 November 2012 - 10:43 PM.

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands

#2272 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Quick question, I obviously plan on buying games Thursday night but also will be purchasing the HTC one-x phone which comes with a $100 gift card on the spot, but that's Friday morning. I dont see why this wouldn't work but maybe those with more experience can lead me to an answer.

If I buy the games Thursday, then get the gift card Friday morning could I essentially bring the games back and have my credit card refunded for the purchase and on the spot repurchase them with the gift card? Sorry if it seems confusing just trying to essentially learn a way to burn that gift card towards my previous black Friday game purchases. Thanks in advance!

#2273 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Now cmon newegg!

#2274 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'm........sorry? I'm just being honest...

Right, I just wouldn't normally say I "won" a lightning deal is all I meant ;)

#2275 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Right, I just wouldn't normally say I "won" a lightning deal is all I meant ;)

Well, how the hell else would I explain it?

Okay, okay...

I got lucky on two Lightning Deals.

Is that better?

Yeah, that's better.

lol....

#2276 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Well, how the hell else would I explain it?

Okay, okay...

I got lucky on two Lightning Deals.

Is that better?

Yeah, that's better.

lol....

Ha, yeah I guess. The way they actually go I suppose it's not far off to say you won it..

#2277 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

How hard would it be to win those lightning deals? Are my chances realistically very low on video games?

#2278 Calipup

Calipup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

Those Walmart deals are really enticing but I think I am going to pass. I have a backlog of 10ish games, can get Dishonored or NFS later. Might hit up Target for those live cards though.

#2279 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

I think there might be a mistake in regards to the target add. I couldn't find the 1600 MS points @ 10$ anywhere in it. I did find a 3 month xbox live gold card for 10$ though. Am I just missing it?

#2280 adonis 27

adonis 27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

I added Tiger Direct and Microsoft, good deals on Halo 4 and Black Ops 2.

Get a FREE month of Gamefly! Follow my link:
Gamefly