Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2281 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

I think there might be a mistake in regards to the target add. I couldn't find the 1600 MS points @ 10$ anywhere in it. I did find a 3 month xbox live gold card for 10$ though. Am I just missing it?

It got changed recently. No idea which item is going to be in the physical ad. It does say there are other items available for $10 though, so we might be in luck.
Posted Image

#2282 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

Tigerdirect must think they're so special to charge more then pretty much every store for a Vita bundle.

#2283 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Wow. Great time at Walmart. (Not sarcasm, everyone there was nice so if you want to read a good customer review carry on)

I go to the electronics section with my wife and ask to put the item on layaway and the woman there is working her first day. She takes about ten minutes to get the first game (out of three) out but is nice about it. We go to the layaway counter and then wait ten minutes for her to get the layaway person.

Problem is the layaway person had to take a piss so she went off and got another person. This person never did layaway before and had me input my name, address, home and cell phone number, city, and state twice. Of course my wife started asking if we can come back on Black Friday and get the games for those prices, the number one question not to ask (and which I already knew the answer to) so I kept whispering "no no no, don't don't don't" but the lady answered that we would easily be able to and that it would be no hassle at all.

Of course my wife asked more questions but the lady answered very nicely and told me it was a possibility to just come at 9AM Friday and take them for their cheap prices.

Awesome. Thanks Walmart!

fekhvr.jpg

#2284 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

This maybe the wrong thread for this but can anyone recommend any 360 exclusives that are NOT Gears of War or Halo?

http://en.wikipedia....rosoft_Xbox_360

#2285 bellenoire2005

bellenoire2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Epic Mickey 2 has disappeared from the Amazon lightning deals list. perhaps it will be a deal of the day . . .

#2286 The Bryant

The Bryant

Jobber to the Stars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Ah shit! Just now realized the $25 games are in store only. No Walmart near me. Damn.
Was hoping to pick up WWE 13 on Thursday. :(
Want to WIN FREE PRIZES for browsing the web? Join SwagBucks and you'll do just that! Please help me out by using my ref link to sign up for SwagBucks!

Actively playing:
:ps3: - WWE '12, LittleBigPlanet 2: SE, Jak and Daxter Collection
:ds: - HeartGold

Posted Image

#2287 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

I added Tiger Direct and Microsoft, good deals on Halo 4 and Black Ops 2.

Do you know if the Microsoft deals are online? No stores around here. Thanks

#2288 adonis 27

adonis 27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Do you know if the Microsoft deals are online? No stores around here. Thanks

The ad scan on slickdeals says "Get in the spirit of savings at your local Microsoft store" so unfortunately, i'm assuming it's not online :-/. damn, didn't notice that when I posted, hopefully its online too though.

Get a FREE month of Gamefly! Follow my link:
Gamefly

#2289 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

Ah shit! Just now realized the $25 games are in store only. No Walmart near me. Damn.

Not meaning to be mean, but where in the US do you live there's not a Walmart near you? Even the rural areas of southern IL all have a Walmart within 20-40 minute drive of them.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#2290 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

I think there might be a mistake in regards to the target add. I couldn't find the 1600 MS points @ 10$ anywhere in it. I did find a 3 month xbox live gold card for 10$ though. Am I just missing it?

No it seems the original print run of it that leaked on the sites had that but now it shows the Live card instead, which makes sense as many stores are discounting that.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#2291 MattHirt

MattHirt

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Hey guys... I was looking for the 200 dollars Cristal White PS Vita with Assassins Creed... Does anyone know where I can still get it? Thank you so much!!

#2292 LimeWire

LimeWire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Those Walmart deals are really enticing but I think I am going to pass. I have a backlog of 10ish games, can get Dishonored or NFS later. Might hit up Target for those live cards though.

Is having a backlog a bad thing or good thing?

#2293 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hey guys... I was looking for the 200 dollars Cristal White PS Vita with Assassins Creed... Does anyone know where I can still get it? Thank you so much!!

GameStop and Amazon

fekhvr.jpg

#2294 vice1611

vice1611

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

No RE6 deals this BF? Was hoping the game would drop below $30

#2295 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Amazon has it on sale from 12:10 to 4:10 (EST) on Black Friday.

#2296 bluelark

bluelark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

No it seems the original print run of it that leaked on the sites had that but now it shows the Live card instead, which makes sense as many stores are discounting that.

The official ad on Target's site showed it as well (looked at it yesterday) but it got changed to 3 months of XBL. I do believe that's what is going to be on sale unless they are just "hiding" the 1600msp, which I'm hoping is the case, if not, their loss. Pretty much should be forced to honor the ad if it's printed and you take it to their store though, if the print ad has the 1600msp and they try to mark it differently.

#2297 The Bryant

The Bryant

Jobber to the Stars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Not meaning to be mean, but where in the US do you live there's not a Walmart near you? Even the rural areas of southern IL all have a Walmart within 20-40 minute drive of them.

NYC. Apparently Walmart is illegal here.

Amazon has it on sale from 12:10 to 4:10 (EST) on Black Friday.

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up!
Want to WIN FREE PRIZES for browsing the web? Join SwagBucks and you'll do just that! Please help me out by using my ref link to sign up for SwagBucks!

Actively playing:
:ps3: - WWE '12, LittleBigPlanet 2: SE, Jak and Daxter Collection
:ds: - HeartGold

Posted Image

#2298 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Anyone know if there will be early access to the GameStop bf deals for power up rewards pro members ? Thanks

#2299 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Gonna go to Walmart on tuesday when I get paid to put all the games I want on layaway for BF

Any games you put on layway now won't ring up the right price on bf.

#2300 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

NYC. Apparently Walmart is illegal here.

Ah OK makes sense. About the only places in US where Walmart isn't are cities with strong grocery unions and other groups protesting them, but I figured one was nearby in like a suburb or someting.

743275.png

#2301 aardarf

aardarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

Is having a backlog a bad thing or good thing?

Its good when you want to be able to play a variety of things on a whim.

Its bad when it becomes so large that it achieves critical mass and becomes sentient.

Posted Image

#2302 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

Gonna go to Walmart on tuesday when I get paid to put all the games I want on layaway for BF

Only event 3 stuff will work for layaway price match. You may be able to price match other store prices though like best buy or target.

#2303 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

2324 posts? I'm not reading this. Ain't nobody got time for that. Someone please give me the highlights.

#2304 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

Are the Microsoft Deals for the physical MS stores or Microsoft online store? Would love to get Forza Horizon for $15! I don't want to fight the crowds at Wal-Mart to get that same deal!
607033.png

#2305 tyman502

tyman502

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

No Resident Evil 6 deals, now that's disappointing! Haven't heard great things from RE6 but im still a fan of the series.

#2306 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

Its bad when it becomes so large that it achieves critical mass and becomes sentient.

Posted Image

LOL, thank god i don't have a backlog that big. i have seen worst tho

#2307 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

That looks just like our shelf set up, lol.

#2308 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

If it weren't for BestBuys gaming deals this year I'd probably be spending a lot of money during BF. However I've played every new release that I really wanted without spending much cash at all, from beating and trading in the previously released game. Semi-tempted to get Dishonored again though. Not looking forward to Walmart on Thursday night.

#2309 Torik_Shai

Torik_Shai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

Really hoping that Microsoft Store deal is online as well. Assassin's Creed III for $25 sounds like the perfect way to spend the $25 credit from Halo 4 that's burning a hole in my pocket.

#2310 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

Posted Image

Wow.

I forget what thread it was exactly but there was a collections thread where one cag had shelves full of games. It was the biggest collection I ever saw in my life. Worst than this. It looked like something you would only see at a Gamestop store. A highlight was how dino said ”that's no backlog. That's hoarding.” LOL. :)