Photo
- - - - -

Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2341 n64warzone

n64warzone

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

Nevermind, I figure it out its because the ad is cut so it really says 6am-4pm Thursday.

Walmart is a disaster where as going to kmart in the morning on thanksgiving I've never had a problem getting a video game, but unfortunately they don't have xcom on sale though.

#2342 Nick45

Nick45

Waiting for Persona 5!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

How is Walmart on Black Friday? I've never been and am afraid to go, but I'm uber wanting Xcom for that price...is it worth it?

It depends on how many people live around where you live or close enough to go to that Walmart. I've gone to Walmart for Black Friday the last few years with no issues whatsoever, in fact the people I was standing in line with were really nice. I live in a relatively small town and the community is pretty tight knit, but unless you live in a big city you shouldn't have too many (if any) issues.

#2343 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Walmart is hell on BF....not even worth it. Online has always been my route for the past 5 years of BF...then sleep a little and then go to the stores and see what other leftovers I can snag just for the fun of it.

Nevermind, I figure it out its because the ad is cut so it really says 6am-4pm Thursday.

Walmart is a disaster where as going to kmart in the morning on thanksgiving I've never had a problem getting a video game, but unfortunately they don't have xcom on sale though.

Alright, thanks guys. I'll stay clear, not really worth it for me. I'll stick to Target/Best Buy this year as I usually do and online. Hopefully something will come up with Xcom or I will wait for a price drop. I'd rather wait then suffer with Walmart.

If you got anything Metal Gear Solid related, shoot me a PM!

#2344 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

How is Walmart on Black Friday? I've never been and am afraid to go, but I'm uber wanting Xcom for that price...is it worth it?

Not as bad as people make it out but... it is super busy. Most stores (since "the stampedes") let people in early. They get the lines for the big ticket items. Others gather around the pallets/stands for items like the video games/dvds/etc. When the sale starts, a WM associate opens the plastic surrounding the pallets/stands. And then the hands go in...

Stock levels aren't the best as it relates to video games. A title like X-Com though I think you will be fine since most go after the CoD and EA type titles i.e. Madden.

The best part of the WM BF shopping is people watching. You will be amazed at what you will see and what you will hear. It is the reason I mainly go. My favorite moment was back 5 or 6 years ago when GPS were hot items; back when Walmart didn't have BF all organized. The clock started and they opened a glass case in electronics department with them in it. The seconds they opened it up, the hands grabbed them. I saw people (not WM associates) standing on counters chucking GPS units like monkeys across to their family/friends with carts at least 20 feet away. It was a thing of a beauty.

#2345 aardarf

aardarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

I got a question about the Kmart Thanksgiving ad, on here it shows 6am-4pm for Need for Speed Most Wanted. yet on the add I click it shows 4pm right above the video games. Is there any confirmation that its 6am? I want to get that and dishonored, I know dishonored should be fine because it says 3 day sale which is thursday/friday/saturday so probably whenever its open, those sales are correct.

I had the same question; I want Max Payne, which is under the 4pm section. I may not bother since I don't know whether its 6am or 4pm and I might miss it

#2346 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Not as bad as people make it out but... it is super busy. Most stores (since "the stampedes") let people in early. They get the lines for the big ticket items. Others gather around the pallets/stands for items like the video games/dvds/etc. When the sale starts, a WM associate opens the plastic surrounding the pallets/stands. And then the hands go in...

Stock levels aren't the best as it relates to video games. A title like X-Com though I think you will be fine since most go after the CoD and EA type titles i.e. Madden.

The best part of the WM BF shopping is people watching. You will be amazed at what you will see and what you will hear. It is the reason I mainly go. My favorite moment was back 5 or 6 years ago when GPS were hot items; back when Walmart didn't have BF all organized. The clock started and they opened a glass case in electronics department with them in it. The seconds they opened it up, the hands grabbed them. I saw people (not WM associates) standing on counters chucking GPS units like monkeys across to their family/friends with carts at least 20 feet away. It was a thing of a beauty.

just going to say that story is amazing lol

#2347 slimklp

slimklp

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

I had the same question; I want Max Payne, which is under the 4pm section. I may not bother since I don't know whether its 6am or 4pm and I might miss it

If I'm not mistaken the deals run from 6AM-4PM. I plan on getting it also.

#2348 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

The best part of the WM BF shopping is people watching. You will be amazed at what you will see and what you will hear. It is the reason I mainly go.

Ditto
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2349 aardarf

aardarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

I got a question about the Kmart Thanksgiving ad, on here it shows 6am-4pm for Need for Speed Most Wanted. yet on the add I click it shows 4pm right above the video games. Is there any confirmation that its 6am? I want to get that and dishonored, I know dishonored should be fine because it says 3 day sale which is thursday/friday/saturday so probably whenever its open, those sales are correct.

OOOOOOOOOH.
Guys I think I figured it out.
The 2 pages in the ad scan are a left and right page.
The left one says Thursday 6 and there's a dash that's hard to see
the right one says 4, but its cut off, and I assume there's supposed to be a dash before it.
So the whole thing reads as 6am-4pm.
So the OP should be right with those prices at 6 am.

#2350 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

I'm glad that Amazon matched Wal-Mart's price on Dishonored but I'm really hoping they match X-Com as well.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#2351 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

I always like going into Walmart at the beginning of BF sales and go straight to the soda section, grab a Coke, then go check out.

I do it just for my own amusement. While everyone is fighting over to save a few bucks on bath towels, I'm casually buying a $1.20 bottle of Coke Zero.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2352 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

What comes in the PS3 bundle at Gamestop?

#2353 JiveT

JiveT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Walmart is hell on BF....not even worth it. Online has always been my route for the past 5 years of BF...then sleep a little and then go to the stores and see what other leftovers I can snag just for the fun of it.

Walmart is hell...that's all you had to say

#2354 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

What comes in the PS3 bundle at Gamestop?

It should be like the bundles the other stores have; Uncharted Dual Pack and the Infamous Collection with the superslim console.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#2355 Rot

Rot

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

i wonder what offers the fry's ad will have i hate going to walmart

#2356 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Happy with my 2 order pick ups at toys r us. $29.99 for each halo 4 and black ops 2. Beat that Black Friday. Lol

#2357 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

If you've ever, ever, wanted to see the closest thing to a real life microcosm of Mike Judge's Idiocracy, go into a Walmart on Black Friday.

#2358 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

we have any confirmation of the Microsoft Store deals being online for BF?

#2359 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

Anyone know what time does Gamestops will open on Black Friday?
Posted Image

#2360 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hopefully I can score both Lego Batman games, Dishonored and The Sly Collection from Amazon so its 4 less things I don't have to search for at Walmart. Happy the times are so early, more people will be asleep giving me a chance to get in on the deals :)

#2361 bunck

bunck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Anyone know what time does Gamestops will open on Black Friday?

12:01 am

#2362 shortyman920

shortyman920

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Now that NBA 2k13 is $25 at Amazon, I think may just skip Walmart on Thursday since that's all I was gonna get there anyway. Gonna line up at Best Buy around 11pm for the 360 bundle and that'll be my evening :)

#2363 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

VAIR-RID-DIS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Posted Image GameStop

FRIDAY ONLY

:ps3: Playstation All Star Battle Royale - $39.99 WITH new PlayStation 3 system purchase

Really wished this would apply with Vita purchases as well. :cry:

#2364 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

we have any confirmation of the Microsoft Store deals being online for BF?

It's in the OP.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2365 Torik_Shai

Torik_Shai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

It's in the OP.

I think he was asking if we've gotten any confirmation that the Microsoft Store sale will be online as well as in their B&M stores. I'm actually still curious about this too.

#2366 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

I always like going into Walmart at the beginning of BF sales and go straight to the soda section, grab a Coke, then go check out.

I do it just for my own amusement. While everyone is fighting over to save a few bucks on bath towels, I'm casually buying a $1.20 bottle of Coke Zero.

You sound like a real winner.
Posted Image

#2367 Dylonus

Dylonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

I bet his mother is proud.

#2368 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

I think he was asking if we've gotten any confirmation that the Microsoft Store sale will be online as well as in their B&M stores. I'm actually still curious about this too.

Considering that very few people have a M$ store near them, I would assume that these deals exist online as well.

#2369 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I bet his mother is proud.

You guys have no sense of humor if you don't find the Black Friday Battlefield to be amusing. People who are after the Call of Duty games are playing their own real-life Call of Duty on Black Friday.

#2370 Kurow

Kurow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Got Jak and Daxter collection at $15 from amazon! I only need Ratchet and Clank collection at $15 the next Wednesday and my black friday will be complete. 6 good games that I never played for $30 :P
Posted Image