Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2371 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

once was enough for me when it comes to standing out in the cold for hours. I'll stick to buying online. :/ besides my local Walmart is the one where the ravenous crowd trampled and killed the guy who opened the doors. these people are crazy.

#2372 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

Damn Gamefly is looking good, will that 20% code stack.. has it been confirmed or denied yet?

Has this been answered yet? I'm assuming 'yes' as I doubt it would be in the first post otherwise.

#2373 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

No. Not yet. I think it will be in-store only, though. :roll:

we have any confirmation of the Microsoft Store deals being online for BF?

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#2374 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Has anyone gotten the final word as to whether Target is really going to be offering 1600 Microsoft Pts for $10 like the OP mentions ? Because in the online ad that is now active, and like at least one other person mentioned, it shows the Xbox Live 3 month Subscription as $10. Would really like to know, to save a trip in all that mess, and head to another store for even more chaos ! = )

#2375 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

You guys have no sense of humor if you don't find the Black Friday Battlefield to be amusing. People who are after the Call of Duty games are playing their own real-life Call of Duty on Black Friday.

I have an excellent sense of humor but that is just plain retarded.

#2376 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Best Buy Silver Preview is looking good. Pretty much the same as all the other places, but it would be nice to get a majority of the games early so I wouldn't have to get trampled on Thursday night. I think I'm going to try for that Black Ops Vita Bundle, Most Wanted, and Medal Of Honor. Maybe ACIII and Borderlands 2 as well.

Edited by Miada, 18 November 2012 - 04:09 PM.

Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : GTA Online, Jeopardy! Ultimate Edition (Digital), Borderlands
:ps4: Currently Playing : Outlast, Resogun, Call Of Duty : Ghosts
:vita: Currently Playing : Flower, Flying Hamster, PS4 Remote Play

#2377 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Just to verify, TigerDirect will start thursday night yah?

#2378 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

I laughed but I don't know if I would go just to see them in person. Watching clips of Black Friday idiots on Youtube is a lot safer. This is my favorite: I noticed the Gamestop BF ad has not appeared on any Black Friday sites. Is Gamestop always the last ones to have an ad scan online?

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2379 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I have an excellent sense of humor but that is just plain retarded.

Why?

I like to watch people and I like to watch people fight over stupid shit like budget electronics.

By oh no, *I'M* the retarded one because I'm not in the middle of the neanderthal activity. :roll:
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2380 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

You guys have no sense of humor if you don't find the Black Friday Battlefield to be amusing. People who are after the Call of Duty games are playing their own real-life Call of Duty on Black Friday.

shake those coke cans and then toss them into the crowd :)
WOOOO I STINK

#2381 Funkenstein91

Funkenstein91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hmm, so what do you guys figure the "extra gift" with the AC3 Vita bundle on Amazon will be? I'd be stoked if it was more Amazon credit, but even a PSN or PS+ gift card would be sweet.

#2382 battledrill

battledrill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Wal mart is he'll if you want a big item, tv, laptop, desktop, tablet. I haven't really thought about it before, but now I think the posters telling people wal mart is horrible and you will die if you go are just looking to cut down the competition :) pretty genius actually.

Usually blu rays and games are on one side once you get in the store while the Neanderthals are busy fighting over the big stuff on the other end. Sometimes I've shown up at opening time and scavenged and got all the games I wanted :)

#2383 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

There's an MS store I can get to, tempted to go there for my $15 Forza Horizon instead of fighting through Walmart.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#2384 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

So I was going o buy wwe 13 but I bought the collectors edition off eBay brand ne and sealed instead because I thought it was really cool instead. But then I started thinking it might be worth more money if I don't open it so I'm not sure. It actually does seem really rare. It comes with a special cover art with stone cold Steve Austin skull, exclusive collectible art personally autographed by stone cold, and a few exclusive dlc codes, and a wwe DVD. Do people think I'm better off not opening this or u think it will be ok? I bought it because I really wanted to play it but if it don't come in the mail by Black Friday I may still buy it anyway and keep the collectors edition sealed but what do you guys think? For those wondering I payed $84 for it shipped and msrp was $79.99 when it came out.

#2385 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Sniper Elite worth 20 bucks? Thanks in advance for any advice.

P.S. Be safe out there this week with the crazies you guys, and have a great Thanksgiving.

#2386 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

No. Not yet. I think it will be in-store only, though. :roll:

I was hoping you wouldnt say that :( Forza Horizon for $15 online with my $25 Halo 4 credit would have been AMAZING.

#2387 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hmm, so what do you guys figure the "extra gift" with the AC3 Vita bundle on Amazon will be? I'd be stoked if it was more Amazon credit, but even a PSN or PS+ gift card would be sweet.

I'm really hoping for an extra memory card. A 16 gig seems like a reasonable bonus pack-in to make it the undeniably better buy.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#2388 aardarf

aardarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

shake those coke cans and then toss them into the crowd :)

Oh God yes I'd love to see that.

#2389 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

P.S. Be safe out there this week with the crazies you guys, and have a great Thanksgiving.

FYI, Sniper Elite V2 will be $14.99 at Best Buy (likely online, too).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2390 aardarf

aardarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

I have not played it but I plan to grab it cause I enjoy sniping in shooters in general. BTW the Best Buy ad for it is 15 not 20.

#2391 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

There's an MS store I can get to, tempted to go there for my $15 Forza Horizon instead of fighting through Walmart.

No fighting at Microsoft Store. I went to one here in Mission Viejo, CA and people there know how to behave.

#2392 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Wal mart is he'll if you want a big item, tv, laptop, desktop, tablet. I haven't really thought about it before, but now I think the posters telling people wal mart is horrible and you will die if you go are just looking to cut down the competition :) pretty genius actually.

No this is true, you will die! It is not worth going to walmart. If you don't get trampled the airborne disease will get ya.

#2393 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

2 Best Buys in my area just put out large stacks of the Playstation displays in the gaming section. I wish it was for Black Friday but doubt it as there is no sale in the flyer.

#2394 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Does anyone know if the Microsoft Store is doing the deals at the Holiday Stores or it it strictly at the main stores. If not, that's not fair. Apple has five Apple stores in NYC, Sony has it's regional Sony Store in NYC, Nintendo has the East Coast Nintendo World in NYC, but the only two Microsoft main stores in New York are in Long Island and White Plains? What the Fuck is up with that?!

I at least hope you can buy Forza Horizon at $15 and Assassin's Creed III at $25 online through the online Microsoft Store.

Edited by razorracer83, 18 November 2012 - 06:10 PM.

Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#2395 dpcfmander

dpcfmander

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

So, I'd like to finally jump on the PS3 bandwagon, and I'd like opinions on which of the following stores you think will have the most *stock* of the PS3 bundles. I live in a *small* college town, so there's not a TON of competition on Black Friday, but the competition that does come out are all college students looking for game deals. Places I can get to:

Best Buy
Amazon
GameStop
Radio Shack
Target

Any thoughts?

#2396 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

MS store Forza deal may force me to skip Walmart and drink with family.

#2397 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

So, I'd like to finally jump on the PS3 bandwagon, and I'd like opinions on which of the following stores you think will have the most *stock* of the PS3 bundles. I live in a *small* college town, so there's not a TON of competition on Black Friday, but the competition that does come out are all college students looking for game deals. Places I can get to:

Best Buy
Amazon
GameStop
Radio Shack
Target

Any thoughts?

I'd say best buy for b&m stores.

#2398 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Best Buy
Amazon
GameStop
Radio Shack
Target

Any thoughts?

my guess is your best chances are bestbuy, target, gamestop. Amazon is running the ps3 bundle as a lightning deal, lightning deals tends to go fast. you might want to also check newegg.com also

#2399 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Best Buy
Amazon
GameStop
Radio Shack
Target

Any thoughts?

Well, Amazon is the earliest and most convenient of the five listed, so of course start at that. Just be aware that online deals like that tend to run out as quickly as doorbusters at a store.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#2400 vonhizzle

vonhizzle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Last year I slept on the black friday deals then decided I wanted a PS3 Bundle on Saturday. Checked 2 Best Buys, Target, Walmart, Kmart, all sold out. Ended up finding it at Radio Shack. YMMV.