Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2401 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Last year I slept on the black friday deals then decided I wanted a PS3 Bundle on Saturday. Checked 2 Best Buys, Target, Walmart, Kmart, all sold out. Ended up finding it at Radio Shack. YMMV.

but radioshack is selling the ps3 bundle for $219.99, as oppose to most other retailers selling it for $199.99.

#2402 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Unless I missed it, no love for persona 4 or play station all stars?

but radioshack is selling the ps3 bundle for $219.99, as oppose to most other retailers selling it for $199.99.

Radio shack has $40 worth of coupons with it tho which could make it a better deal. I have no idea what those coupons r however.

#2403 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

I'm sorry to revive this subtopic, but if I understand the "Walmart Layaway BF Loophole" correctly, can I do the following?

1. Go to my local WM today or sometime this week before Thanksgiving/BF.
2. Ask for the games I plan to get on BF (XCOM, Forza Horizon, and Spec Ops) to be put on layaway, putting down $15 for each one ($10 + $5 layaway fee).
3. Come back on BF and walk over to the Layaway counter.
4. Ask for my layaways to be cancelled and replaced so I can get them at their BF prices.
5. Pay off all three games at some point ($25 for XCOM, $15 for Forza Horizon and Spec Ops).

I assume this could work since those games' prices start at 8pm Thanksgiving and are valid while supplies last.

Edited by Vigilante, 18 November 2012 - 07:02 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2404 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Radio shack has $40 worth of coupons with it tho which could make it a better deal. I have no idea what those coupons r however.

i personally cannot find $40 of stuff at radioshack to spend it on, because even their bf sale prices tends to be higher than other retailers

#2405 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I hope I can get FIFA and nba...many people the games will be gone within my second...very exciting
If I am not prime member, I need to pay the shipping for sly collection. Am I right?

#2406 LimeWire

LimeWire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

so far only in for Batman AC: GOTY and GTAIV: CE

#2407 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

I hope I can get FIFA and nba...many people the games will be gone within my second...very exciting
If I am not prime member, I need to pay the shipping for sly collection. Am I right?

i just read on online forums, there is freezing issues/ glitches with nba 2k13 for both ps3/xbox 360. so i am going to pass. you search it up in google search

#2408 Heartlesss

Heartlesss

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

How long do you think the PS3 Bundle will be in stock for amazon?

#2409 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

How long do you think the PS3 Bundle will be in stock for amazon?

1 minute if you are lucky ,lol . honestly if you are planning on getting the ps3 bundle from amazon, don't get your hopes up.

#2410 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

I could have sworn I saw that Epic Mickey 2 for the 360 was going to be $25 somwhere, but I dont remember where I saw it???? Maybe it was an Amazon Lightning Deal and now its no more????
Posted Image

#2411 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

I could have sworn I saw that Epic Mickey 2 for the 360 was going to be $25 somwhere, but I dont remember where I saw it???? Maybe it was an Amazon Lightning Deal and now its no more????

i think i read a few pages back, that amazon removed it from the list. i am not 100% positive tho

#2412 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

i think i read a few pages back, that amazon removed it from the list. i am not 100% positive tho

Yeah thats where it was and now it isn't, sucks but it'll probably be $20 somewhere early next year.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#2413 vonhizzle

vonhizzle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Ah I see, last year it was $199.99.

#2414 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Yeah thats where it was and now it isn't, sucks but it'll probably be $20 somewhere early next year.

it probably will be $10 at bestbuy, if they stay around beyond 2014, lol

#2415 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

I'm sorry to revive this subtopic, but if I understand the "Walmart Layaway BF Loophole" correctly, can I do the following?

2. Ask for the games I plan to get on BF (XCOM, Forza Horizon, and Spec Ops) to be put on layaway, putting down $15 for each one ($10 + $5 layaway fee).
4. Ask for my layaways to be cancelled and replaced so I can get them at their BF prices.
5. Pay off all three games at some point ($25 for XCOM, $15 for Forza Horizon and Spec Ops).

I assume this could work since those games' prices start at 8pm Thanksgiving and are valid while supplies last.

According to the Official Walmart Facebook Rep/s, yup. You should check out their Facebook and print out some stuff.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2416 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Quick question, I obviously plan on buying games Thursday night but also will be purchasing the HTC one-x phone which comes with a $100 gift card on the spot, but that's Friday morning. I dont see why this wouldn't work but maybe those with more experience can lead me to an answer.

If I buy the games Thursday, then get the gift card Friday morning could I essentially bring the games back and have my credit card refunded for the purchase and on the spot repurchase them with the gift card? Sorry if it seems confusing just trying to essentially learn a way to burn that gift card towards my previous black Friday game purchases. Thanks in advance!

#2417 hskr121

hskr121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

So can most of these deals be had online too?

I'm looking at some games at Walmart and also a 360 controller at Toysrus, so could I go to their website and maybe pay shipping? Or is it only in store? Last year I stood in line for hours it seemed like at least and never got what I was looking for. I had never done black friday shopping before either.

#2418 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

i just read on online forums, there is freezing issues/ glitches with nba 2k13 for both ps3/xbox 360. so i am going to pass. you search it up in google search

Thank you for your remind.

#2419 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

You need to check when the video game deals end. You can't match the prices until 9am on Friday assuming there aren't 200 people doing the same thing. If the sale prices end at midnight you would be out of luck anyway.

#2420 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

You put down 10% and there is only a single $5 fee. So it's not $45 down, more like $20-$25 depending on tax. I wouldn't ask for layaway to be cancelled, just say price match items on layaway. If they cancel the layaway you lose that $5 fee. To price match they remove an item one at a time and add it back at new price.

#2421 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

I don't know why people keep asking if these are online. If you don't find it in the ad or on the company's website BF info, who knows(other than corporate)?

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#2422 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

You put down 10% and there is only a single $5 fee. So it's not $45 down, more like $20-$25 depending on tax. I wouldn't ask for layaway to be cancelled, just say price match items on layaway. If they cancel the layaway you lose that $5 fee. To price match they remove an item one at a time and add it back at new price.

I would stick to the $15 min PER item mentality, to be on the safe side.

Though their policy is a bit confusing with their wording. The main policy says see details, the full details says to see the policy.:whee:

If I get around to this, I will go in expecting a $15 minimum for EACH item.

http://www.walmart.c...Layaway/1088466

#2423 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I would stick to the $15 min PER item mentality, to be on the safe side.

Though their policy is a bit confusing with their wording. The main says see details, the full details says to see the policy.:whee:

If I get around to this, I will go in expecting a $15 minimum for EACH item.

http://www.walmart.c...Layaway/1088466

I work there. It's 10% down plus the $5 fee. The fee is refunded on a gift card when you pay off.

#2424 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

I work there. It's 10% down plus the $5 fee. The fee is refunded on a gift card when you pay off.

Do you happen to know roughly how much inventory of each TV on sale they will have? I'm going for the Cheapo 50" Emerson. I read somewhere else that someone said like 20 of each but they weren't really sure.

#2425 Infam0usP

Infam0usP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

nobody's gonna have Saints Row The Third: The Full Package on sale? :(

#2426 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

I seriously don't understand how someone could misinterpret that as having to put down $15 per item. It's very clear, to most people at least.

#2427 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Do you happen to know roughly how much inventory of each TV on sale they will have? I'm going for the Cheapo 50" Emerson. I read somewhere else that someone said like 20 of each but they weren't really sure.

Not off hand. I'll glance around tomorrow if I have time.

#2428 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hoping KMart has Max Payne online Thursday... pretty sure that'll be the first time I've ever gotten anything from Kmart!

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#2429 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Not off hand. I'll glance around tomorrow if I have time.

Cool thanks.

Hoping KMart has Max Payne online Thursday... pretty sure that'll be the first time I've ever gotten anything from Kmart!

Mass Effect 2 for $10 like 3 years ago was the last time I got a game there lol. I'll be in the store at 5 for Max Payne. Also, Kmart doesn't seem to put their Black Friday games together on a shelf. Max Payne will most likely be on the cheap game rack instead of the main case.

#2430 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

I seriously don't understand how someone could misinterpret that as having to put down $15 per item. It's very clear, to most people at least.

Because that's what it says.;) No interpretation is needed. It doesn't matter, as long as I get what I want at the price I want it for.