6288 replies to this topic

#2491 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Any word on the newegg sale?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#2492 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Fred Meyers has a bunch of Black Friday deals:
Red 3Ds +Super Mario Land bundle 134.99
PS3 250 gb +Infamous Collection + Uncharted 1&2 199.99
Vita Call of Duty Wi-Fi bundle 199.99
All Video games, Accessories, and Music 20% off

All sale prices are from 5 - 11 am on friday only

So is that $135 3DS bundle price include the 20% off coupon or does that potentially stack?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#2493 matrixman92

matrixman92

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Not trying to be a dick, but didn't Tiger Direct support just confirm that for you that it won't?

Either way, same deal for Halo is available at Target.

and I mentioned that the guy didnt even know what I was talking about. I had to go into extreme detail about the deal, tell him where I found the deal, when I saw the deal, and other things. I was just wondering if anyone got a solid answer from anyone. The support person I got was clueless. I am more looking for the blops 2 deal, and this is the only place I know with it. They only have like 20 physical stores in the US

#2494 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

I see that in the OP best buy won't be price matching from 11/18 til after thanksgiving. Does that mean you can't price match anything in the store or just the things that are going to be one sale? Really wanna price match amazons price of $275 for those turtle beach ear force tangos

#2495 omnicious

omnicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

How does "It's in the OP" equal a "Yes"?

Just read the OP dude...

It doesn't really say one way or another. I just assume all the ones posted are online as well.

#2496 Miada

Miada

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

It doesn't really say one way or another. I just assume all the ones posted are online as well.

Well yeah, no one really knows yet. We're all just assuming they will be online too. When we find out, the OP will be updated. That was the point!
Forever stuck in Backlog Hell...
http://www.cheapassg...s-backlog-blog/

:ps3: Currently Playing : inFamous 2
:ps4: Currently Playing : Destiny
:vita: Currently Playing : Velocity Ultra, PS4 Remote Play

#2497 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

You need to check when the video game deals end. You can't match the prices until 9am on Friday assuming there aren't 200 people doing the same thing. If the sale prices end at midnight you would be out of luck anyway.

Like I said, since the ad says that those games' sale prices begin at 8pm Thanksgiving night until supplies last, I don't think there's an explicit end time, unless we're talking about close of business on BF or Sunday. I wouldn't go to WM until after 9am on BF anyway, so I would hopefully walk into WM, go to the Layaway counter, pick up the games at their BF prices, then leave with limited-to-no hassle.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within [Speedrun] :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2498 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

I might look into picking up one of the Turtle Beach P11 headsets. Are they any good?

#2499 polity

polity

Dear Leader

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

Is there any news about the Origin.com deals yet? I'd be curious to see EA's MOHW deal, e.g.

YLOD. 2.13.13

#2500 Rohsiph

Rohsiph

True Dark ending

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Re: Walmart layaway loophole: make sure to check with your store before you do this. My store won't have layaway open at any time during the sale. We're a smaller store with a pretty small electronics staff that handles electronics, connection center, layaway/site to store, and toys, so YMMV, but definitely ask someone who works at your local store's layaway if you're not interested in gambling that $5 down.

Rohsiph.png

#2501 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

It doesn't really say one way or another.
I just assume all the ones posted are online as well.

:applause: :booty: :bouncy: \\:D/ :wave:
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2502 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

My boss is letting me order at work tomorrow so I should be able to get what I want hopefully with the Silver early access. at BB

Gonna go after the 26" LED and the 40" 3D. Thinking about going after the PS3 after they announced console trade in.

#2503 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

12:01 am

Thank you sir

Wow it looks like I might get most of my gaming shopping done before the dawn of Black Friday.

Borderlands 2 at 8 pm at Wal-mart hopefully >________>
DOA5, UMvC3 at Gamestop
Posted Image

#2504 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

Dad called me to tell me that the Best Buy closest to me (not the one I'm going to) already has a line that reaches the corner. Dear God! D:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2505 sirdan357

sirdan357

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

Dad called me to tell me that the Best Buy closest to me (not the one I'm going to) already has a line that reaches the corner. Dear God! D:

These people really don't have anything better to do than sit outside of a store for days for a few decent deals? Nothing I've seen so far is worth anywhere near that wait.

#2506 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

I find it hard to believe that some people are already in line. I live in a very populated area and went to Walmart yesterday. It was as full as it always was. Hoping i won't run in to any horror storys on black friday.

kikyou1.png

#2507 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

I've noticed several people talking (posting) about buying games or other video game accessories ahead of time this week, whether it's online or even in store, and then trying to get retailers to price match one another / themselves over the Thanksgiving - Black Friday - holiday weekend - Cyber Monday (i.e. : Walmart, Best Buy, Target, etc.) All of these major retailers have posted on their websites under "Price Matching / Price Adjustments" etc, that they will not provide that service during this time. I would have thought most people understood this was the case. I'd hate to have people waste their time, by standing in line at customer service during this period thinking they're going to really get a "steal of a deal" by getting something over the next 3 days, only to get their face cracked. I'll provide the links to Walmart, Best Buy & Target so you can all check it out for yourselves. Keep in mind, 99.9% of other retailers whether online / in-store will have this same policy.

Happy shopping, and good luck out there :

WALMART : http://help.walmart..../kw/price match

Price adjustments are not available for items designated as:

• Clearance
  • Value of the Day or Special Buy
  • Items purchased up to seven days before Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday or Cyber Week
  • Items purchased using an Associate Discount Card
* BEST BUY : http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

* TARGET : http://www.target.co...ing_policy.html

price adjustments
If you see a lower price listed in one of our Target Weekly Ads, we will adjust the price of your online order to match the advertised price if (1) you purchased the item within 1–7 days prior to the ad; (2) you contact us during the time when the lower price is featured in the Weekly Ad; and (3) the lower price is not on a clearance item. Excludes the Black Friday Ad (11/22-11/24) and Cyber Monday online pricing (11/26).

#2508 Ishi

Ishi

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Toyrus FTW!!! I preordered the PS3 bundle for a total of 230$. I don't see anywhere on the product details that says it includes a Air Flo Controller though.

#2509 chargeup45

chargeup45

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

My guess is that it was the WiiU line. I don't think I've ever heard of huge lines for BF starting this early.

#2510 rushisrighton

rushisrighton

Jimi Hendrix's apprentice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

If anyone see's a good price on red dead redemption GOTY (xbox360) let us know, so far I haven't seen anything.

#2511 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

If anyone see's a good price on red dead redemption GOTY (xbox360) let us know, so far I haven't seen anything.

I think I saw it around in Walmarts deals but just for PS3.

Edit: Thursday at Walmart 8pm 15 dollars.

":360: :ps3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition"

kikyou1.png

#2512 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

I've noticed several people talking (posting) about buying games or other video game accessories ahead of time this week, whether it's online or even in store, and then trying to get retailers to price match one another.

• Items purchased up to seven days before Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday or Cyber Week

What you posted is incorrect.
It specifically states for Walmart.com
Their in-store policy is indeed different.

Here is the in-store price match policy:

walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

Edited by gordojones88, 19 November 2012 - 05:38 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2513 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

Added box art, microsoft store deals to the 2nd post.

#2514 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Forza Horizon for $14.99 @ the Microsoft store on Thursday?!?!?

I can't resist that.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2515 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

This is for Walmart.com only.
What this policy prevents me from doing is ordering an item online that is not carried in their store.
Then going in on Black Friday to price match from the Best Buy ad.

For example:
Best Buy has a Seagate 3TB external hard drive for $99 on Black Friday.
Walmart does not carry that item in store.
However, they do carry it online.
I could order it online, then price the match Best Buy ad on Black Friday.
Their policy now prohibits from doing this now.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2516 Treyjyert

Treyjyert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

In regards to the PS3 bundle, are console deals like this usually hard to get on BF? I figure with a new console it would be pretty crazy but the PS3 has been out awhile. I don't feel like fighting the craziness at Walmart so I was thinking of going to GS (we have 3 within a 10 mile radius of me).

I guess my question is do I need to get there early and line up or do you think I could walk-in to a GS or BB sometime Friday morning and still get one? Any help is much appreciated! Also hoping to get FIFA 13 from Amazon for $25 so i don't have to go to Walmart.

#2517 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

My boss is letting me order at work tomorrow so I should be able to get what I want hopefully with the Silver early access. at BB

Gonna go after the 26" LED and the 40" 3D. Thinking about going after the PS3 after they announced console trade in.

I dunno if you noticed, but the 40" Samsung TV is already on sale. You can get it now.

#2518 greenegt

greenegt

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

In for Dishonored (Amazon).

#2519 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

didn't see anything about lego lord of the rings.. bummer.. was really hooked after watching the giantbomb quicklook

#2520 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

From the Director of Communications and Community Relations at Walmart.
Layaway will automatically give you the sale price during Black Friday.
Price Match any Local Competitor's Black Friday Ad at any register.

iheartthemart.com/walmart-black-friday-deals

• Walmart Layaway is supposed to be open from 9am to 9pm on Black Friday.
  • Walmart Black Friday “Special Buy” items will have different bar codes for the most part so items like TV’s, computers, blu-ray players, and movies will most likely not be able to use the Layaway Black Friday strategy. It will work on games and toys because those items should not have the special bar codes.
  • Competitor Black Friday items that Walmart carries will be able to use this strategy. For example: Target has model XOXO in their Black Friday Ad and Walmart carries model XOXO, you can put that item on Layaway and Price Match on Black Friday provided the sale time has not ended. It will have to be deleted to get the lower price.
  • Do not confuse start times with end times. Walmart will have 3 sales going on at the same time, they may run out of stock but the sale is still running. If your item is in Layaway it is in stock. Events 1, 2, 3 end at 11:59pm Friday night.
  • The register is what determines what price the item is sold at, if an item is in Layaway you do not technically buy it until you pay off the layaway item. The register automatically gives you the sale price if you close it out during a sale period. So do not worry about deleting items from layaway.

Edited by gordojones88, 19 November 2012 - 05:37 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image