Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2521 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

Does anyone know what the 10 in 1 PS Vita essential pack includes? It's part of the PS Vita sale at Toys R Us. Thanks.

#2522 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

after 3 hours, amazon will update normal deal during black friday?

#2523 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

Added box art, microsoft store deals to the 2nd post.

Thanks, but in the second post, you put AC3 as $30 at the Microsoft Store...it's $25.

#2524 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Thanks, fixed!

#2525 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

In regards to the PS3 bundle, are console deals like this usually hard to get on BF? I figure with a new console it would be pretty crazy but the PS3 has been out awhile. I don't feel like fighting the craziness at Walmart so I was thinking of going to GS (we have 3 within a 10 mile radius of me).

I guess my question is do I need to get there early and line up or do you think I could walk-in to a GS or BB sometime Friday morning and still get one? Any help is much appreciated! Also hoping to get FIFA 13 from Amazon for $25 so i don't have to go to Walmart.

I would also like to know.

#2526 Faithful

Faithful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

In regards to the PS3 bundle, are console deals like this usually hard to get on BF? I figure with a new console it would be pretty crazy but the PS3 has been out awhile. I don't feel like fighting the craziness at Walmart so I was thinking of going to GS (we have 3 within a 10 mile radius of me).

I guess my question is do I need to get there early and line up or do you think I could walk-in to a GS or BB sometime Friday morning and still get one? Any help is much appreciated! Also hoping to get FIFA 13 from Amazon for $25 so i don't have to go to Walmart.

No one really knows. I know there has been lukewarm attention given to the PS3 bundle here, and pretty much every major retailer is selling it on BF (Radio Shack for $225 - not sure what they were thinking). But its really going to depend on stock. We haven't heard how many systems Sony shipped, and no reports (yet) from employees seeing them show up in stores. Some things that make me think supply would be good are TRU offering it as their Thurs-Sat deal, not a "doorbuster", the fact that most retailers are offering it, and there doesn't seem to be much buzz about the deal. Its not (from what I can see) listed on Wal-Mart's store maps either (while the Xbox is #1 on my local maps). That said, Amazon has it as a Lightning Deal which does make it seem like they may not have a huge supply of systems. And its impossible to judge how the masses sitting around Thanksgiving dinner will react to this deal. My magic 8 ball says "chances are good" that you won't have to be at the store when the sale starts to pick one up, but with most stores opening at 8pm, I suspect that many will be out before the sun comes up. I'd wager Amazon, TRU (because of the free controller) will be sold out fast, and Wal-Mart will probably be sold out by the next morning (unless they get hundreds in each store...who knows)?

Feels like a coin toss to me, certainly could go either way. If you're really worried, I know TRU has theirs up for pre-order right now (but shipping is $14 and there is no mention about the free controller like their BF ad shows). Personally I'll be trying Amazon, with a trip to Wally-world as my backup plan. Even with the free controller, its not enough for me to brave TRU at a BF opening (especially this year, as they have some pretty good pricing on other things as well). Wal-Mart gets crowded, but their stores are large and stuff is spread out. TRU is total bottleneck, and their checkout is a disaster on BF.

#2527 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

I would also like to know.

I was reading somewhere, they have the PS3 ready for order NOW
Check out my Trade List!!!!
http://www.cheapassg...858#post4458858

#2528 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

Dont listen to anything I'm about to say, but from years past no they will not be hard to get and you should be able to go fairly early and just pick one up without any issues. I think pretty much everywhere is having that PS3 bundle and it's not like it's the hot Christmas toy or anything. Maybe call ahead and ask how many they're getting if they can tell you?

#2529 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Should i get FIFA 13 if i already have FIFA 12 on my laptop??
Check out my Trade List!!!!
http://www.cheapassg...858#post4458858

#2530 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Toyrus FTW!!! I preordered the PS3 bundle for a total of 230$. I don't see anywhere on the product details that says it includes a Air Flo Controller though.

How so? Was it out at your store and they let you pre-ordered it? Or online? Curious.

#2531 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

How so? Was it out at your store and they let you pre-ordered it? Or online? Curious.

It's online right now. I think there's shipping charges though. http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332238

#2532 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Does anyone know when Gamestops are going to open?

#2533 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

It's online right now. I think there's shipping charges though. http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332238

Thanks. I just saw the thread right after. Thinking about it though. That or just wait for Amazon/Best Buy. We'll see.

#2534 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

Is there really no store that has the 320 GB PS3 bundle for less than $200?

#2535 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Man, I'm a bit worried about the 250GB Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle at $199. It's only available at 2 stores, and only one of those stores is in my area (Best Buy). I hope that doesn't make it hard to get that bundle.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#2536 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

TRU has a free controller too?

#2537 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

Should I get an extended warranty when I pick up a PS3?

Kind of going through trying to figure which retailer has the better plan out of the lot.

#2538 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Is there really no store that has the 320 GB PS3 bundle for less than $200?

I don't believe so, and it's 250GB not 320 if you mean the Uncharted/Infamous one.

No.

#2539 razorracer83

razorracer83

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

Kind of going through trying to figure which retailer has the better plan out of the lot.

Probably a good idea, but I recommend you get the warranty from Squaretrade instead of the store, especially if the store is Best Buy. I'm getting an extended warranty for my newly ordered 39" HDTV and the Xbox 360 I'll be getting on Black Friday from them.

I stand corrected.

#2540 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

walmart easily has the best video game sale going on this black friday.
Posted Image

#2541 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

walmart easily has the best video game sale going on this black friday.

It does but braving the crowds is the only downside since many will probably be there waiting to strike as well.

#2542 LimeWire

LimeWire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

Is the $ 97 32'' TV an extremely nice deal? Will it last a really long time? Like at least 4 years? Haier is a Chinese brand so the quality is probably not that great.

#2543 razorracer83

razorracer83

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

It does but braving the crowds is the only downside since many will probably be there waiting to strike as well.

This. From the horror stories I hear about Walmart Black Fridays, going to Walmart on Black Friday is like jumping into a shark tank.

I stand corrected.

#2544 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

This. From the horror stories I hear about Walmart Black Fridays, going to Walmart on Black Friday is like jumping into a shark tank.

More like piranhas I'd say. I remember my outing last year, gosh...getting bum rushed while trying to grab Yakuza 4. Just painful but, the savings were worth it. Plus I get a nifty tale to share with one and all.

Otherwise, contemplating picking up Borderlands 2 while I'm at it as well. I might as well just try to get the PS3 at Wal-Mart too since I'm going to be there.

#2545 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

I don't believe so, and it's 250GB not 320 if you mean the Uncharted/Infamous one.

No, I mean the 320 GB slim, not the 250 GB superslim. I wanted the 320 GB slim for $200.

#2546 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Black Friday will be a warzone, but I'm going at 8 PM on Thanksgiving so I imagine most people won't be there.

#2547 Roguestriker

Roguestriker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

I guess this was already answered but the Gamefly sales listed don't include the 20% off right? Do they charge taxes?
Posted Image

#2548 kyrhon

kyrhon

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

Black Friday will be a warzone, but I'm going at 8 PM on Thanksgiving so I imagine most people won't be there.

You'd be surprised what people will sacrifice to save a few bucks.

#2549 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

You're in for a surprise my friend.
Posted Image

#2550 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Yea I am staying home, I might some of the sick deals but I will put up the good deals online :)