Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2551 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

No, I mean the 320 GB slim, not the 250 GB superslim. I wanted the 320 GB slim for $200.

Well I guess you're not getting a Playstation 3 cause slims are not going on sale during Black Friday. Slims will remain the same price. Over 200 bucks.

#2552 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

i never really had a hard time buying games on BF, but i have to say, walmart is a little tricky, on BF with their games. last BF they didn't even have any game bins out, when i asked where they were, they gave me a simple answer.... "i dont know what you are talking about" ? im going to a different walmart this time, so i dont think it will be like that again, i just hope it's not going to be a different kind of bad experience.....

JUST A FEW MORE DAYS, EVERYBODY,
AND ALL OF OUR BF QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED.

#2553 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Should I get an extended warranty when I pick up a PS3?

Kind of going through trying to figure which retailer has the better plan out of the lot.

I wouldn't.

PS3's are built pretty well to last. You also have to figure that Sony has gone to the very end of the PS3 lifecycle in terms of the latest model. So the failure rate for the PS3 at this point is lower compared to the original BC's. Just make sure you maintain your PS3 properly by letting it cool down first by quitting a game before turning off the system. Also once every few months, use a airblower to clean out the dust all around the console.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, inFAMOUS: First Light
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#2554 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

Didn't somebody mention awhile ago that the 1600 MS Points card deal at Target was mixed up with a 3 month XBL one?

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, inFAMOUS: First Light
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#2555 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

madden for $25? sure
Posted Image

#2556 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Yea I am staying home, I might some of the sick deals but I will put up the good deals online :)

I wish I could : /

Instead I will be working at my lovely Target Mobile location all day : (

Hoping for some pretty solid commission but still

#2557 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

From the Director of Communications and Community Relations at Walmart.
Layaway will automatically give you the sale price during Black Friday.
Price Match any Local Competitor's Black Friday Ad at any register.

iheartthemart.com/walmart-black-friday-deals

• Walmart Layaway is supposed to be open from 9am to 9pm on Black Friday.
  • Walmart Black Friday “Special Buy” items will have different bar codes for the most part so items like TV’s, computers, blu-ray players, and movies will most likely not be able to use the Layaway Black Friday strategy. It will work on games and toys because those items should not have the special bar codes.
  • Competitor Black Friday items that Walmart carries will be able to use this strategy. For example: Target has model XOXO in their Black Friday Ad and Walmart carries model XOXO, you can put that item on Layaway and Price Match on Black Friday provided the sale time has not ended. It will have to be deleted to get the lower price.
  • Do not confuse start times with end times. Walmart will have 3 sales going on at the same time, they may run out of stock but the sale is still running. If your item is in Layaway it is in stock. Events 1, 2, 3 end at 11:59pm Friday night.
  • The register is what determines what price the item is sold at, if an item is in Layaway you do not technically buy it until you pay off the layaway item. The register automatically gives you the sale price if you close it out during a sale period. So do not worry about deleting items from layaway.

Sounds sweet if it works, I just want Forza Horizon.

#2558 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Do I have any chance of getting these if I get there at 8:30?

Posted Image Toys R' Us
Atari Flashback 4 Console $24.99
Sega Genesis Classic Game Console $24.99

#2559 htz

htz

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

8:30AM most likely but not 8:30PM. Stores open at 8PM-9PM on thanksgiving night, don't they? In years past when stores used to open at 5am in the morning, I remember people already lining up a good 12-24 hours early.

#2560 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

nvm

#2561 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

Do I have any chance of getting these if I get there at 8:30?

I went to Toys R Us last year at opening.

OMG HOLY COW THAT IS A BIG LINE!

The cop told me they counted 2000 people.
I was 2001 people.
I left.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2562 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Glad to see Journey won Amazon's game of the year. Hoping for a good black friday deal on the CE version somewhere.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#2563 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

8:30AM most likely but not 8:30PM. Stores open at 8PM-9PM on thanksgiving night, don't they? In years past when stores used to open at 5am in the morning, I remember people already lining up a good 12-24 hours early.

Well I'm ready for it to be packed, I'm just wondering how popular those items are going to be compared to the WiiU/PS3 Bundle/360 bundles/games/etc are going to be, or do people just impulse buy almost everything they see, in the midst of the madness? :-k

#2564 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

I have a question. Can I purchase two different games in same lightning deal if I am lucky? Or only choose one out of five deal ? For example, nba, madden, FIFA section, I only can choose one?

#2565 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

well after waiting 15 minutes in the layaway section and not having a single associate bother to assist me, I'm pretty much not a fan of using it for BF. Guess I'll try again tomorrow after work, but it was a really dissatisfying experience.

#2566 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

what is the xbox 360 white skylanders edition selling at walmart for 149? is it a white xbox?

#2567 reaperwilly

reaperwilly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Ok I don't understand.. at Wal-Mart why is everyone going to layaway on black Friday at 9am, when the deals are Thursday at 8pm and layaway is open until 9pm. Videogame deals at Wal-Mart start Thursday not Friday. Layaway is open til 9pm on Thursday.

#2568 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Ok I don't understand.. at Wal-Mart why is everyone going to layaway on black Friday at 9am, when the deals are Thursday at 8pm and layaway is open until 9pm. Videogame deals at Wal-Mart start Thursday not Friday. Layaway is open til 9pm on Thursday.

Layaway is open until 5pm thursday, then reopens at 9am friday.

what is the xbox 360 white skylanders edition selling at walmart for 149? is it a white xbox?

I believe it is a white 4gb system with the Skylanders starter pack bundled with it.

#2569 reaperwilly

reaperwilly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Thanks preedatore! I didn't know about that.

#2570 Treyjyert

Treyjyert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

No one really knows. I know there has been lukewarm attention given to the PS3 bundle here, and pretty much every major retailer is selling it on BF (Radio Shack for $225 - not sure what they were thinking). But its really going to depend on stock. We haven't heard how many systems Sony shipped, and no reports (yet) from employees seeing them show up in stores. Some things that make me think supply would be good are TRU offering it as their Thurs-Sat deal, not a "doorbuster", the fact that most retailers are offering it, and there doesn't seem to be much buzz about the deal. Its not (from what I can see) listed on Wal-Mart's store maps either (while the Xbox is #1 on my local maps). That said, Amazon has it as a Lightning Deal which does make it seem like they may not have a huge supply of systems. And its impossible to judge how the masses sitting around Thanksgiving dinner will react to this deal. My magic 8 ball says "chances are good" that you won't have to be at the store when the sale starts to pick one up, but with most stores opening at 8pm, I suspect that many will be out before the sun comes up. I'd wager Amazon, TRU (because of the free controller) will be sold out fast, and Wal-Mart will probably be sold out by the next morning (unless they get hundreds in each store...who knows)?

Feels like a coin toss to me, certainly could go either way. If you're really worried, I know TRU has theirs up for pre-order right now (but shipping is $14 and there is no mention about the free controller like their BF ad shows). Personally I'll be trying Amazon, with a trip to Wally-world as my backup plan. Even with the free controller, its not enough for me to brave TRU at a BF opening (especially this year, as they have some pretty good pricing on other things as well). Wal-Mart gets crowded, but their stores are large and stuff is spread out. TRU is total bottleneck, and their checkout is a disaster on BF.

Thanks for the help. Once I find out when GS is opening I may go pick it up there or brave WM so I can have a story to tell.

#2571 Treyjyert

Treyjyert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Dont listen to anything I'm about to say, but from years past no they will not be hard to get and you should be able to go fairly early and just pick one up without any issues. I think pretty much everywhere is having that PS3 bundle and it's not like it's the hot Christmas toy or anything. Maybe call ahead and ask how many they're getting if they can tell you?

Thanks for the help!

#2572 jsub

jsub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

So in your guy's opinion, do you think the Bestbuy $35 deal for Assassin's Creed 3 (PS3) is the best price we're going to get this BF?

Edited by jsub, 19 November 2012 - 02:12 PM.

Posted Image

#2573 Maynard46

Maynard46

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

edit...nevermind

#2574 airchimp

airchimp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

So in your guy's opinion, do you think the Bestbuy $35 deal for Assassin's Creed 3 is the best price we're going to get this BF?

microsoft store has it for $25

#2575 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

i found this gamestop ad scan
http://www.blackfrid...gamestop?page=1

as you can see there are many things that are different from what the gamestop employee gave to cag. most notably for me was the 250 gb holiday 360 with skyrim, forza 4 and blops2 not listed....
plus the double trade credit for hardware is not there.

Are you serious?? :lol::lol::lol:

That's last year's ad bro. The list thats in the thread is real.

#2576 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

i found this gamestop ad scan
http://www.blackfrid...gamestop?page=1

as you can see there are many things that are different from what the gamestop employee gave to cag. most notably for me was the 250 gb holiday 360 with skyrim, forza 4 and blops2 not listed....
plus the double trade credit for hardware is not there.

That would be because that is last year's add.

#2577 jsub

jsub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Opps, sorry, I meant AC3 for PS3
Posted Image

#2578 Maynard46

Maynard46

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

yeah my bad, i just noticed the date at the top...sorry

#2579 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

That would be because that is last year's add.

I was just about to point out the same. I knew something was up when I saw the part talking about 30 dollar TIV for games less than 60 days old and they were showing MW3 and Uncharted 3.

#2580 Christopher7xii

Christopher7xii

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

I'm sure you saw it since you omitted it, but he clearly listed Assassin's Creed 3 (PS3). MS Store will not be selling the PS3 version.