Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2581 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

From the Director of Communications and Community Relations at Walmart.
Layaway will automatically give you the sale price during Black Friday.
Price Match any Local Competitor's Black Friday Ad at any register.

iheartthemart.com/walmart-black-friday-deals

• Walmart Layaway is supposed to be open from 9am to 9pm on Black Friday.
  • Walmart Black Friday “Special Buy” items will have different bar codes for the most part so items like TV’s, computers, blu-ray players, and movies will most likely not be able to use the Layaway Black Friday strategy. It will work on games and toys because those items should not have the special bar codes.
  • Competitor Black Friday items that Walmart carries will be able to use this strategy. For example: Target has model XOXO in their Black Friday Ad and Walmart carries model XOXO, you can put that item on Layaway and Price Match on Black Friday provided the sale time has not ended. It will have to be deleted to get the lower price.
  • Do not confuse start times with end times. Walmart will have 3 sales going on at the same time, they may run out of stock but the sale is still running. If your item is in Layaway it is in stock. Events 1, 2, 3 end at 11:59pm Friday night.
  • The register is what determines what price the item is sold at, if an item is in Layaway you do not technically buy it until you pay off the layaway item. The register automatically gives you the sale price if you close it out during a sale period. So do not worry about deleting items from layaway.

Thanks so much for posting this! I'm definitely stopping by tonight to put the games I want in layaway. :applause:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2582 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Thanks so much for posting this! I'm definitely stopping by tonight to put the games I want in layaway. :applause:

So basically what you'd do it:

1. Go to Walmart now
2. Put the games I want on layaway
3. Come back to pay them off on Black Friday, and the prices would be adjusted to BF prices?

That sounds awesome if that's how it works...

#2583 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

So basically what you'd do it:

1. Go to Walmart now
2. Put the games I want on layaway
3. Come back to pay them off on Black Friday, and the prices would be adjusted to BF prices?

That sounds awesome if that's how it works...

Based on what others have said, yeah, that's how it should work, though you should probably ask an employee if their layaway department will open at 9am on BF, just to be safe. Based on the article I quoted, some store managers can keep layaway closed on BF to address "store needs" (whatever that means), so it'd be good to ask.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

#2584 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

From the Director of Communications and Community Relations at Walmart.
Layaway will automatically give you the sale price during Black Friday.
Price Match any Local Competitor's Black Friday Ad at any register.

iheartthemart.com/walmart-black-friday-deals

• Walmart Layaway is supposed to be open from 9am to 9pm on Black Friday.
  • Walmart Black Friday “Special Buy” items will have different bar codes for the most part so items like TV’s, computers, blu-ray players, and movies will most likely not be able to use the Layaway Black Friday strategy. It will work on games and toys because those items should not have the special bar codes.

Do people not remember bf at Walmart last year? The games did have special bar codes. You can try to do layaway, but it will likely require an override when you get the games out of layaway.

#2585 oh_no_mellon

oh_no_mellon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

So, any idea what time Amazon will reveal their Black Friday deals today?

#2586 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Do people not remember bf at Walmart last year? The games did have special bar codes. You can try to do layaway, but it will likely require an override when you get the games out of layaway.

I plan on bringing an in-store ad to the layaway counter and asking to PM the prices. That way, even if it still requires an override, WM should still do it because of their ad-match guarantee (which better apply to their own ad).

EDIT:

So, any idea what time Amazon will reveal their Black Friday deals today?

They already have.

Video Games: http://www.amazon.co...20&linkCode=ur2

Movies: http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000853511

Edited by Vigilante, 19 November 2012 - 03:05 PM.
Added Amazon BF links

Cloud_Squall78.png

#2587 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

I plan on bringing an in-store ad to the layaway counter and asking to PM the prices. That way, even if it still requires an override, WM should still do it because of their ad-match guarantee (which better apply to their own ad).

That would be wise. If I were hard up for the walmart deals, I'd put what I want on layaway and then come in Thurs at 745. If I could get everything I wanted on Thurs, I'd cancel my layaway next week. Price matching at the Layaway counter of walmart on bf sounds like the worst use of my time though.

#2588 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

It looks like Wal-Mart is the only place doing $10 games this year :(

Well I guess I'll get "Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One" since I missed all the previous $10 sales it had. Otherwise it doesn't look like I'll be getting anything on BF...

...unless anyone here thinks we're being held out on and the real deals are yet to be announced?

Edited by Fabrizo, 19 November 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#2589 oh_no_mellon

oh_no_mellon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

EDIT: They already have.

Video Games: http://www.amazon.co...20&linkCode=ur2

Movies: http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000853511

Actually, those were the lighting deals for this week. They're supposed to be releasing their Black Friday specials today.

#2590 huntzilla

huntzilla

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Did they take Epic Mickey 2 for 360 off the list? I swear I remember reading it was going to be $25.....

#2591 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

So I was going through the Black Friday app I have on my phone and checked out Walmarts online deals. I saw almost all, if not all their video game deals in that section. I'm hoping the info is correct! Hoping to not have to step into a Walmart thurs.

#2592 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Actually, those were the lighting deals for this week. They're supposed to be releasing their Black Friday specials today.

The bf deals we dont know yet are those the deals that change everyday during the week of bf? Though those would be up by now.

#2593 Cyrian

Cyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Is everyone quite sure that when the Walmart guy says "games and toys" he actually means video games and not just regular games that are in the toys section...?

#2594 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Is everyone quite sure that when the Walmart guy says "games and toys" he actually means video games and not just regular games that are in the toys section...?

This is a surprisingly good question.

#2595 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Oh good. Amazon looked like major weak sauce this year but it is good to know not everything is up yet.

#2596 Spideypaul

Spideypaul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Did they take Epic Mickey 2 for 360 off the list? I swear I remember reading it was going to be $25.....

Looks like it. :cry:

#2597 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

This fucking Best Buy web site is pissing me off. They know they're going to get hammered at a specific hour when the deals go live, how hard would it be to expand their web servers in anticipation??? Seriously, I'm fighting going to sleep just to get this BF deal this morning and their stupid site's been down for over 30 mins now. /rant LOL

#2598 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

when I was able to view it all the items said coming soon, since then I haven't been able to get in.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2599 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

when I was able to view it all the items said coming soon, since then I haven't been able to get in.

You can't see this for yourself yet, but you had to go to the product pages individually to be able to add them to your cart.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#2600 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Not gonna lie, I'm more nervous that I might not get my games this year than past, even though it's my 3rd year going to Walmart. Every year it gets worse and worse when it comes to fighting for those bins.

#2601 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

So will Amazon do like they did last year and also put Daily Video Game Deals where a certain amount of games will be having deals to along with the Lightning Deals?

#2602 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

So will Amazon do like they did last year and also put Daily Video Game Deals where a certain amount of games will be having deals to along with the Lightning Deals?

More than likely. Most of my fun over the years has been the deals that just pop up unadvertised and Amazon was always in the thick of it.
Posted Image

#2603 matrixman92

matrixman92

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

they already have. The only one I remember is Catherine for 20 dollars on xbox/ps3....cant remember the rest sorry

#2604 skatz83

skatz83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but are Wal-Mart's deals available online or just in store?

658427.png

sig.gif

#2605 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Not gonna lie, I'm more nervous that I might not get my games this year than past, even though it's my 3rd year going to Walmart. Every year it gets worse and worse when it comes to fighting for those bins.

Amazon has matched some of them, I'm personally going to just try to get them online, it's about as good a chance as going into Walmart, with less of the hassle.

#2606 Spideypaul

Spideypaul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Where's the Lego Batman 2 for the Wii that Amazon still advertise as starting now on their calendar? So frustrating...

#2607 gaiunx

gaiunx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

my god how many items amazon had for today?? they were claimed in like 2 minutes, and those were MEH games, dishonored is going to be a bloodbath, well not really but is gonna disappear fast, and still haven't seen a good deal just catherine for 20$ that am holding just in case of something awesome happening since i only have like 68$ to spend T.T

#2608 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Meh, last year at Walmart it was crazy busy. Throw some elbows to get the deals, dammit! (it helps when you bring friends, haha)

Seriously though, I would love to avoid the store if I could, but they have the prices I want. Dilemma! :D

#2609 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Sorry if already answered but are the GameFly prices listed with the 20% off already included?

#2610 D4rth Man7iz

D4rth Man7iz

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Regarding Amazon Lightning Deals, I plan to get the following games on Thursday:

1:10 pm - 5:10 pm PST:
-Dishonored (360)

5:10 pm - 9:10 pm PST
-FIFA 13
(360)

9:10 pm - 11:45 pm PST
-Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Plat. Hits (360)

I would like to know if it is possible to have the 3 games shipped in the same box, I know for this kind of deal I just have some mins to checkout before the deal is given to another person, but is there anyway to secure the 3 games and these to be shipped in the same box or do I have to checkout and receive each game in different shipments no matter what?

Thanks for your help.

Posted Image
Posted Image