Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2731 oliver2788

oliver2788

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

i really hope i can get a PS3 bundle at gamestop for $200 on black friday. i will be going one hour before it opens i hope i can get it

#2732 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

So how would the lay a way option work at GS if I wanna buy the 3ds mario bundle on friday? Do I only put down like $20 and keep paying them that amount every week?

#2733 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

It's not YMMV. You do not have to speak to anybody about it.
Walmart's 7 Day Price Adjustment Guarantee will
and always has worked on Black Friday.
The register will do it automatically.
Take the receipt to customer service during sale hours.

is this for real?
any confirmation on this

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#TrueGamer

#2734 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

is this for real?
any confirmation on this

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2735 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:43 AM

Posted Image

wtf is that shit

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#TrueGamer

#2736 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

wtf is that shit

It's where the proof is

#2737 Sith

Sith

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

Does anyone know of any iPad 3 deals going on?

#2738 enorox

enorox

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Any word on whether or not walmart also has the bf3 premium for PS3 and not just xbox?

#2739 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Does anyone know of any iPad 3 deals going on?

This reminds me of when CheapyD asked that guy in Zombies mode where the guns were.

#2740 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

Couldn't you technically return the full price TRU game and keep the $1 one? It's not like this is B2G1F where they take 33% off each game.

There is a reason why you keep getting ignored.

Take the hint.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2741 Sith

Sith

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

This reminds me of when CheapyD asked that guy in Zombies mode where the guns were.

Stay low key, Aviel.

#2742 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

is this for real?
any confirmation on this

I work at Walmart, and this is the first I've ever heard of a "7-Day Price Match Guarantee" (that's not to say one doesn't exist, just that I -never- see anyone ever really take advantage of it XD)

However, for what it's worth, I've had management approve things of a similar nature during other times of the year. I'd expect to have to put up a fight for BF items, though. Especially since the sale is happening BEFORE midnight, so prices could change at midnight for the 8PM stuff :P

#2743 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

My friend just said he called his Walmart and they aren't doing price matching on Black Friday. However, last year, my Walmart (different one) did price matching. I know that Best Buy isn't allowing it this year, is Walmart also not?

#2744 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

Does anyone know if Guild Wars 2 will be on sale anywhere? I'm not sure whether to get it now for $38 on Amazon, or see if there's any other deals/buy1get1 type things...

I'm currently looking for Guild Wars 2 and also picking up Mists of Pandaria for $20 at gamestop/walmart price match

#2745 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

My friend just said he called his Walmart and they aren't doing price matching on Black Friday. However, last year, my Walmart (different one) did price matching. I know that Best Buy isn't allowing it this year, is Walmart also not?

On the front page of Walmart's Black Friday Ad, it has the "we ad match guarantee!" button. Ad matching might be very hard/picky on that day...but I mean..it's advertised in the ad....

If anyone has bought any of the Amazon lightning deals, does adding the game to your cart guarantee yourself a copy, or do you need to also pay for it right away before someone does it before you and the price changes?

You have 15 minutes to check out before your product is released into the wild.

#2746 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

Seriously, my neighbor's cat told me the same thing and I didn't believe him either.

Walmart has it on the first page of their Black Friday Ad.
You can Price Match at any register.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#2747 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Well thank you. This saves us from looking like idiots on Black Friday. Guys if I don't make it back Thursday I want you to know its been a pleasure...

Cheapy D still going to give us more amazon news? Or should I wake up at noon to see?

#2748 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Seriously, my neighbor's cat told me the same thing and I didn't believe him either.

Posted Image

What does that small print say?

#2749 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

Posted Image

does anyone have a old scan of the Target $10 1600 msp? Maybe I could do that...

#2750 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

Why is that? Just asking, not like I'm going to do it.

If you're not going to do it, then why do you want to know so bad?
Posted Image

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2751 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

The usuall small print BS: "We'll match for any IDENTICAL product in a printed competitors ad. No valid on Walmart.com. Restrictions apply. See store for details."

#2752 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

This saves us from looking like idiots on Black Friday.
Guys if I don't make it back Thursday I want you to know its been a pleasure...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2753 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

*Our stores will match the price of any local competitor's printed ad for an identical product. Not applicable to Walmart.com. Restrictions apply. See store for details"

#2754 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

If you're not going to do it, then why do you want to know so bad?

To do it!!! I think some of you should stop with the high moral grounds bs. We are cheap ass gamers!!! We live for the cheap games at low prices.

You forgot the CAG unwritten code....

#2755 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

"Our stores will match the price of any local competitor's printed ad for an identical product. Not applicable to Walmart.com.* Restrictions apply. See Store for details."

#2756 Jmclark

Jmclark

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

Posted Image

Thanks. I didn't actually look at the ad, only the first post of this thread. Could have saved myself from looking like an idiot.

#2757 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

*Our stores will match the price of any local competitor's printed ad for an identical product. Not applicable to Walmart.com. Restrictions apply. See store for details"

See the thing that may screw us all over is the "restrictions apply". For all we know layaway is restricted and certain sales items.

#2758 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

Cheapy D still going to give us more amazon news? Or should I wake up at noon to see?

Im hoping for more deals cause like last year I remembered that also did like A Daily Themed Video Game Deals. Maybe CheapyD is waiting till tomorrow around the time then new LD start?

#2759 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

To do it!!!

Posted Image

I think some of you should stop with the high moral grounds bs. We are cheap ass gamers!!! We live for the cheap games at low prices.

You forgot the CAG unwritten code....

Last time I check, the CAG "unwritten code" (whatever dumbshit that is supposed to mean) isn't about scamming stores just to save money.
Posted Image

#2760 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

See the thing that may screw us all over is the "restrictions apply". For all we know layaway is restricted and certain sales items.

Restriction usually applies to bundle deals.

You seem to not want to believe anything so just don't bother with layaway or PMing and brave going to the store or try amazon.