Black Friday / Brown Thursday Video Game Deals 2012 - Best Of Guide in 2nd Post

• Please log in to reply
6288 replies to this topic

#2881 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Okay I called a different store and spoke to an assistant manager and she said that the items for black friday are different. As in they have different bar codes and such. So if you were to put the games on layaway now they would ring up as the normal price.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#2882 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

So umm.... Call again to a different one and ask for an assistant manager?

Or just put the stuff on layaway? At worst you can just bring the ad and price match their own ad. I wouldn't trust anyone at Walmart telling you anything ahead of time.

The AM can always tell you no if you call just because they want you to be in the crowd Thursday night.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2883 Ishi

Ishi

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Anyone seen any deals for The Orange Box on ps3?

#2884 A_FITZ

A_FITZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Can anyone confirm that Walmart
is selling Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for sure for $25 for Black Friday?

If you look on their add on their website, i couldn't see a list,
like an itemized list or any type of list, just a picture.
In the picture it looks like from the side it looks like it says TEKKEN6

A_FITZ!

#2885 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

So, I had the Sly collection in my cart ready to buy for a few days now and I get right when the deal starts and learn there is a waitlist?? I sit there for ten minutes trying to join it as it fills every second a spot is apparently available. *sigh* been waiting a very long time for a deal on this game...*cries* It was pretty much impossible to buy. But I did have to leave for a bit so I didn't have full potential to try to buy it.

Looks like I may have luck on Thursday though?

you may want to keep your eye on this page (keep it bookmarked if you can) and hit the add to cart button immediately after it shows up for a better chance of getting the games you want

T9rTk6Q.gif

#2886 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Or just put the stuff on layaway? At worst you can just bring the ad and price match their own ad. I wouldn't trust anyone at Walmart telling you anything ahead of time.

The AM can always tell you no if you call just because they want you to be in the crowd Thursday night.

Considering higher ups at Wal-mart have said that if you pick up the items on black friday and pay them off that they will adjust to the sale price, I would take their word over anyone at the store.

Honestly though, if its an issue and it doesnt work, whats to stop you from just picking up the items,then returning them?

#2887 spearchucker

spearchucker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Madden 13 was trying to hide from me, but I eventually found it.

Where did you find it? I never found it. Sneaky little John.

#2888 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Considering higher ups at Wal-mart have said that if you pick up the items on black friday and pay them off that they will adjust to the sale price, I would take their word over anyone at the store.

I meant if a store manager or assistant manager telling someone that they can't do that.

Obviously, if a manager says you can then that makes things easier, but you'll always get some manager who A. Doesn't know or B. Is just being a dick and will say no.
Posted Image

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#2889 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Sorry, wasn't really directed at you.

But yeah, I agree. Store Mangers/assistants will flat out say no sometimes to get you in the store or are mad that you are some how trying to "cheat the system".

But yeah, i put 2 games on layaway and will just pick them up friday. Its best just to play dumb and act like you had no idea they would be going on sale.

#2890 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Sorry, wasn't really directed at you.

But yeah, I agree. Store Mangers/assistants will flat out say no sometimes to get you in the store or are mad that you are some how trying to "cheat the system".

But yeah, i put 2 games on layaway and will just pick them up friday. Its best just to play dumb and act like you had no idea they would be going on sale.

Hard to play dumb when you put two games on layaway that will be on sale for way less in a few days... Plus every American who isn't locked away without a calendar knows black friday is this week.
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#2891 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Do you really think people in lay away have any idea that what you are putting on lay away is going to be on sale black friday?

And there are still a lot of people that don't look at ads till the day of.

#2892 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Can anyone confirm that Walmart
is selling Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for sure for $25 for Black Friday?

If you look on their add on their website, i couldn't see a list,
like an itemized list or any type of list, just a picture.
In the picture it looks like from the side it looks like it says TEKKEN6

It's TTT 2 man, don't sweat it.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#2893 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

I just called up Walmart and they said if I placed items on layaway now and picked them up for the black friday or ahem thursday sale they would be the normal price.

Doubt it. You're not looking at new SKU being made for games... now the electronics. Much of it is likely made for Black Friday, which is pretty much the norm, and will have unique SKUs but this is because its not normally carried by Wal-Mart.
Also, remember there is a fee for using Wal-Mart layaway so some of your savings will be lost for the time being... (You get like a Wal-Mart gift card for the fee total if you do pick up/pay for items in question.)

#2894 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Apparently, if you live in NJ they have to give you the 5 back in cash. So ive heard anyways.

#2895 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Is there the original Skylanders starter sets going to be on-sale anywhere this Black-Friday? I looked at the ads the best I could and the only thing I am seeing is the white X-Box 360 that Walmart is going to have bundled with the original set.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#2896 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

put mt shit on layaway, hopefully this works

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#TrueGamer

#2897 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Does anyone think Angry Birds will be $15 for the 360 as well as the PS3?
Posted Image

#2898 GenTrapstar

GenTrapstar

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Anyone know if Microsoft store will be online also or store only I want horizon.

#2899 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Put three games on layaway. Woman told me they can't price match on bf bit could clear and rescan if the upcs are the same...which they obviously will be. Getting xcom and gow saga for me and ratchet and clank collection for my daughter.

#2900 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Doubt it. You're not looking at new SKU being made for games... now the electronics. Much of it is likely made for Black Friday, which is pretty much the norm, and will have unique SKUs but this is because its not normally carried by Wal-Mart.
Also, remember there is a fee for using Wal-Mart layaway so some of your savings will be lost for the time being... (You get like a Wal-Mart gift card for the fee total if you do pick up/pay for items in question.)

I don't know why, but I wasn't charged the $5 fee when I placed the layaway last night.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2901 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

I smell disappointment in Walmart Layaway. A few might get through but I guarantee the mass will not. When that happens you won't get the products you wanted and then you be complaining about losing your five dollars on this board.

#2902 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

I smell disappointment in Walmart Layaway. A few might get through but I guarantee the mass will not. When that happens you won't get the products you wanted and then you be complaining about losing your five dollars on this board.

Again, why can't you just pay off your lay away, and then return the items?

#2903 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Again, why can't you just pay off your lay away, and then return the items?

Good point but all that effort for potentially nothing...

#2904 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Anyone know if Microsoft store will be online also or store only I want horizon.

Don't bank on it. Last year only the BF consoles were available online. Games were in-store only.

#2905 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Apparently, if you live in NJ they have to give you the 5 back in cash. So ive heard anyways.

Same in california as well. Once they transfer the cash fee to the giftcard you can ask for it back in cash, cause the card is worth less than $10.

#2906 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Has anybody noticed that white "Skylanders" X-box at any Wal-marts yet?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#2907 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

I don't know if any of ya can answer this but, "Are Wal-Marts closed on Thursday and reopen later for Brown Thursdday"?

#2908 spearchucker

spearchucker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFIghterFil
Madden 13 was trying to hide from me, but I eventually found it.
Where did you find it? I never found it. Sneaky little John.

Never mind I found it. Clicked the black Friday deals link from the front page and it showed up with other random stuff. Did not show up under the video game deals.

#2909 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

I don't know if any of ya can answer this but, "Are Wal-Marts closed on Thursday and reopen later for Brown Thursday"?

wtf is brown thursday, seriously why is everyone calling it that now, its called Thanksgiving day people.... to answer you're question, most walmarts are open all day on thursday, there some areas around the country that do close down because they are required by law to do so

T9rTk6Q.gif

#2910 LagFighter

LagFighter

The Wild Card

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Pretty upset that Amazon's not discounting Ass Creed 3 or Forza Horizon. No Microsoft store anywhere in the state (Louisiana), and I really don't want to fight my way through Best Buy, or, god forbid, Walmart.

Strategies in this situation? I'm definitely going for the Vita bundle at Amazon since I've been holding out.
Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Halo 4 (360)

Recently finished:
Pokemon Black 2 (DS) - 4.5/5