BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND (360) $16, (PS3) $17 w/free ship @Newegg

Is this the third game? I have the first two already. Will probably bite on this if it is. Not at home to see the titles of the ones I have.

"Continuum Shift Extend is released as a standalone disc, with no DLC upgrade option. This installment features Relius Clover as a brand new character, along with the arcade version's latest balance update from October 2011."

"Release Date: February 14, 2012"

"BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend is a 2D Arcade-style Fighting game that provides a comprehensive overview of the franchise history of the game in a single release."

That's what I could come up with after a Google search.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Is this the third game? I have the first two already. Will probably bite on this if it is. Not at home to see the titles of the ones I have.[/QUOTE]

Its the third game

Basically has everything Continuum shift had, All DLC and some extra stuff

Picked up the PS3 version myself for only a dollar more

Thanks OP

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Is this the third game? I have the first two already. Will probably bite on this if it is. Not at home to see the titles of the ones I have.[/QUOTE]

I know they have the most confusing title. Just have a 1,2,3 Can someone please explain the blazblue compliations.

[quote name='gepet0']I know they have the most confusing title. Just have a 1,2,3 Can someone please explain the blazblue compliations.[/QUOTE]

Its a lot like Street Fighter IV

BlazBlue Calamity trigger is like the original SFIV, The first interation of the game
BlazBlue Continuum Shift is Like Super SFIV, the second interation that adds characters and updates the formula
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend is like Super SFIV Arcade, the third interation that includes all DLC characters and adds some stuff

This is a great fighter and a fairly easy 1000 for those interested. The online is pretty much non existent though. There are only those who just got the game and don't know how to play or those who are so good you are lucky to get off a single hit.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Its a lot like Street Fighter IV

BlazBlue Calamity trigger is like the original SFIV, The first interation of the game
BlazBlue Continuum Shift is Like Super SFIV, the second interation that adds characters and updates the formula
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend is like Super SFIV Arcade, the third interation that includes all DLC characters and adds some stuff[/QUOTE]
CS is a sequel to CT, storywise though!

[quote name='butternuts']This is a great fighter and a fairly easy 1000 for those interested. The online is pretty much non existent though. There are only those who just got the game and don't know how to play or those who are so good you are lucky to get off a single hit.[/QUOTE]
I dunno about you, but I found the Abyss shop trophy/achievement to be very very tedious. I spent a week or two just mashing mindlessly w/ Unlimited Arakune. I can also see some of the character-specific combo achievements being tough for non-fighting game enthusiasts! (Like Ragna's)

Don't get me wrong though, I think this game's a great value for $16! Can't wait for a console version of Chrono Phantasma!

For the record, there's another rendition called Chrono Phantasma that will be coming out sometime next year. So this is mostly only worth getting if you plan to play it soon or want it just for your collection.

bread's done
Back