Photo
- - - - -

The CAG Runners Thread (all experience levels welcome)

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#31 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

No clue if this is any good, but it looks pretty badass. Reviews are so-so but it's really cheap.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#32 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

No clue if this is any good, but it looks pretty badass. Reviews are so-so but it's really cheap.

Very interesting. I wonder how well that would work with the condensation of your breath when running...

#33 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Very interesting. I wonder how well that would work with the condensation of your breath when running...

It wouldn't and it's really overkill. Unless you are running hours on end in sub-zero weather you would never need something like this.

it is butt-cold outside I just cover up my head as best can and put a little vaseline on your nose and cheeks.

#34 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

6.3 miles today in 50:18. Happy to be still running in shorts and T-Shirt in mid-November.

#35 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

usickenme, you sicken me with your glorious running.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#36 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

I run a mile four days out of the week. Right now it's just a warmup before lifting weights, but I'd like to increase how much I run in the future.

#37 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

3 easy miles today @ 8:00. Tomorrow I am doing 15 so I wanted a light day

#38 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

I only run 1 to 1.5 miles a few times a week. If I wasn't training to become a police officer I would never run. I find it incredibly boring. With that being said, I went for a 1 mile run the other day and I finished in 6:29. That's about 25 seconds off my pace, but I hadn't run in about 2 weeks. I thought I was going to die walking home. I'm getting lazy again. : \

Formerly known as slickkill77

#39 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

15.25 miles
2:01:02 (7:56 avg.)
1,707 calories

#40 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Did 1.5 today. Best thing about being a member of a gym with mostly old people? They're impressed by your running no matter how shitty it is.

#41 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

15.25 miles
2:01:02 (7:56 avg.)
1,707 calories

Damn. I'm dreading my 5 mile set for Thanksgiving. I think I'm going to try and do a 6 mile before that just to see what happens though. You're good inspiration!

Posted Image

#42 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Are you doing it on a treadmill or outside?

#43 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

outside today but I have a treadmill in the basement that i use 2-3 days a week.

#44 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

I tried running outside, but it always results in my legs feeling like they're going to break.

#45 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

I can't stand a treadmill. :/

Posted Image

#46 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

I do the majority of my running on the high school's track. I switched over to it a couple of years ago and definitely noticed a difference in how my knees feel. I certainly recommend it.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain

:dvd:-009-1
:br:-Star Wars: Clone Wars season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#47 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

I do the majority of my running on the high school's track. I switched over to it a couple of years ago and definitely noticed a difference in how my knees feel. I certainly recommend it.

all the tracks around here were redone with really nice surfaces...then they put of giant chainlink fences around all of them.

I spend about 50% of my time on dirt trails and the rest on pavement. Since most races I do are on pavement, I have to spend some time on it.

#48 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

Did 1.5 today. Best thing about being a member of a gym with mostly old people? They're impressed by your running no matter how shitty it is.

Haha sounds like my gym. There's one really old guy that comes in and just slowly shuffles around the track. It's kind of awkward just blowing past him over and over on the small indoor track when the weather is bad.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#49 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

5 miles today getting me 55 for the week

#50 hopesfall

hopesfall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Great thread guys. I'm a fairly serious runner (but not quite as serious as usickenme) - 3 marathons, 3 half marathons, and typically get out 4-5 times a week for a run when I'm not training. I've run into a nasty combo of plantar and some kind of hip flexor strain, so I'm resting for 2 weeks to see if that helps.

Question - do any of you use the Nike+ app to track your runs? I used to use a Garmin ForeRunner 405 to track my runs, but I think this app has gotten much, much better in the last couple of years and now I use it to track everything.

#51 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

10 miles on the treadmill while watching the Broncos game. 1:18:00

-I won a Nike+ watch this year that I really like. It works with the Nike + website. But I don't use it on all my runs so my tracking isn't complete.

#52 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Back from my conference, but have a bad sore throat. Hopefully this cold isn't too bad and doesn't end up in my chest and flare up my asthma as that would likely keep me out of my 10k on the 1st as it takes a while to be able to run long/hard after a flare up.

#53 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

5 miles today in 39:33

oh and Get better dmaul1114

#54 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

ran 15.15 miles on the treadmill today in a shade under 2 hrs (1:58) Wanted a consistant effort and that's what the TM gives you

#55 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Impressive.

I hate running on the treadmill--have a hard time stomaching more than 3 miles or so as it's so boring to me. But it is great for maintaining pace. But I can't bring myself to use it other than when the weather sucks.

Cold is still kicking my ass and has gotten in my chest some. I do feel better today that yesterday at least, so hopefully it's on the downswing. I'll probably try to go for a walk tomorrow if I'm still feeling better and hopefully can at least get an easy short run in this weekend and start gearing up for my 10K on the 1st.

#56 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Running the 5 mile race tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it, but really nervous. If I maintain 8:xx something miles, I'd be ecstatic.

Posted Image

#57 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Running the 5 mile race tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it, but really nervous. If I maintain 8:xx something miles, I'd be ecstatic.

some kind of Turkey Trot? Good luck man, hope you wind up ecstatic

#58 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Aye sir, Turkey Trot. I ran this race like...twenty years ago. That is weird to think about.

Posted Image

#59 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Back on the wagon today...

Do you guys put much faith in those calorie counters/estimates that (insert your favorite app) spit out when tracking your runs?

#60 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

They're never going to be 100% accurate, but as long as it's an app (or watch etc.) with GPS that's tracking pace, elevation etc. they should be pretty close. Much better than the estimates on elliptical etc.

But still not everyone burns the same calories running the same course and the same pace, so no way any estimator can be perfect.