sixspeednissan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I saw this on a Black Friday website.

2-Remote Recharging Station (Wii)

$7.97

i_RadioShack_2012_2Remote-Recharging-Station-for_1352062017.jpg

Sony DualShock Wireless Controller (PS3)

$39.99

i_RadioShack_2012_Sony-DualShock-Wireless-Contro_1352048933.jpg

Sony PlayStation 3 250GB System w/ Uncharted & Infamous Collections & Wireless Controller

$219.99

i_RadioShack_2012_Sony-PlayStation-3-250GB-Syste_1352098440.jpg

Xbox 360 4GB Slim Console w/ Free headset

$169.99

i_RadioShack_2012_Xbox-360-4GB-Slim-Console-w-Fr_1352097434.jpg

awwww...thats adorable. why is radioshack still a thing? mine only sells overpriced cables that i can buy on monoprice, and r/c toys.

Thanks OP. Although, am I out of it today, what is the 5th game with the PS3 bundle? Only see 4 with Uncharted Collection(UC1 & UC2) and Infamous Collection(Infamous 1 & 2)

[quote name='blazenumb1']Thanks OP. Although, am I out of it today, what is the 5th game with the PS3 bundle? Only see 4 with Uncharted Collection(UC1 & UC2) and Infamous Collection(Infamous 1 & 2)[/QUOTE]
They're probably referring to Infamous: Festival of Blood, which is the PSN game that's included with the collection.

[quote name='blazenumb1']Thanks OP. Although, am I out of it today, what is the 5th game with the PS3 bundle? Only see 4 with Uncharted Collection(UC1 & UC2) and Infamous Collection(Infamous 1 & 2)[/QUOTE]

probably counting Infamous Festival of Blood as well

The inFamous Collection also includes Festival of Blood, which is it's own standalone game, but about half as big as inFamous 2.

[quote name='TheWildMoose']That PS3 bundle is a nice deal.[/QUOTE]

If you shop their often.. It says $40 back in coupons? I'm kinda confused on that part.

Also, they couldn't just drop it to $199.99.. they just gotta have that extra $20 lol

[quote name='GeneJacket']The inFamous Collection also includes Festival of Blood, which is it's own standalone game, but about half as big as inFamous 2.[/QUOTE]

Awww ok, I just have Infamous 1 and 2 stand alone, wasn't aware of festival of blood, makes sense. Thanks, although still not the greatest of deals from the shack.

I'm glad they're still doing $10 coupons for every $50 you spend. Helps sweeten the deals. Hopefully they'll have the Wii U there.

My last straw with Radio Shack was when my wife upgraded her android phone to an iphone. The girl at the counter told me she couldn't sell just the phone unless we bought an accessory with it. And before anyone asks, she was the store manager......

[quote name='blazenumb1']Awww ok, I just have Infamous 1 and 2 stand alone, wasn't aware of festival of blood, makes sense. Thanks, although still not the greatest of deals from the shack.[/QUOTE]

Just fyi, I think the Festival of Blood in the collection is a psn voucher, not on disc.

Those seem more like normal circular deals than BF specials! Oh well, not like I'm disappointed since I wasn't expecting anything from them.

Last time I shopped at Radio Shack was when I won a GC there at the Christmas party where I used to work. I used it to get a cheap GPS that was on sale and the dude kept trying to sell me the extended warranty and a case. He swore up and down that I needed both because often people leave them in their cars too much and they can both crack in the extreme cold and fry in the head...haha. That was around 4 years ago maybe...it's been in my car almost the whole time and still works fine.

[quote name='taylort3']awwww...thats adorable. why is radioshack still a thing? mine only sells overpriced cables that i can buy on monoprice, and r/c toys.[/QUOTE]

2 years ago I had to go into radio shack to buy a 3.5mm patch cable and some speaker wire. Sometimes you need to have something RIGHT NOW, and that was one of those times.

These deals look pretty bad though, except for that PS3 deal, that seems alright? I'm not sure what they should be selling for these days, but If I didn't already have one, it would seem alright.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Amazon has a black DS3 already cheaper than that Black Friday Price[/QUOTE]

Its cute when stores think they're having a nice little sale when they're selling Dualshock 3's for $35-40 when they're always that price on Amazon.

$219, but with $40 back in coupons. Weren't all the deals last year $199? So at least that's a little bit better if this year the going price is $179. I'm extremely disappointed in the bundled PS3 games though. They are just too old. At least have 1 game that's less than a year old!! I already have all of them except Infamous Festival of Blood. I would say this deal is "lukewarm", although if someone (Amazon, Wal-Mart) has that price and maybe throws in one more little bonus - I might go for it. So long as I can order it from my house and not have to wait in line.

The 360 deal is even worse, not even the holiday bundle. WTF is up with that. Not even worth wasting ad space on the 4GB model with no games.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I'll put this in every Black Friday ad but this seems like the worst holiday season to be purchasing a console unless you're fully ready for new products to be announced and ignored for some time. At least in my view, of course I bought into the dreamcast months before its announced end so I'm jaded.[/QUOTE]

Well there likely won't be any black Friday deals on Wii-U this year, and next year there probably won't be any deals on PS4/XBOX3 either - if those systems are even out in time for the holidays.

So it's still a good time to get a console if your price range is $200. I'm looking to upgrade my 120GB PS3 with the newest model, and wouldn't mind getting my first 360 if I could get the holiday bundle 250GB for a final price $150-ish. Really I'm looking for both consoles if they were $150-ish. (i.e. if Amazon does $249 holiday bundles with $100 promotional credit). That Radioshack 4GB is not a good starting point though. :cry:

[quote name='strait edge follower']This ps3 bundle shits on last years bundle. Sony always gives great value deals :)[/QUOTE]

Only if you don't already have a PS3. Which I guess there is a market for, but alot of people like these deals for a SECOND PS3. It's hard to imagine anyone with a PS3 that doesn't have Uncharted 2 at least, those games are just so old. Hell they have already had TWO different bundles with UNCHARTED 3. (the original one, and then the super-slim with the GOTY edition). I would almost be better off hoping they clearance out the Uncharted 3 bundles.

The better PS3 bundle is the SSX and NFS: Most Wanted bundle. Even though I already have SSX, at least NFS is a brand new game that I dont' have. It would be by far my preferred choice. Although I wonder which retailers(s) have this one, it might be much more limited/specific.

I like XBOX's bundle of Forza 4 and Skyrim the best. But even that one has some serious caveats, with Forza being a stripped down version, and Skyrim being digital download. Still if I could get this for $150-ish (netting out any promotional discounts), I'd be all over it.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Only if you don't already have a PS3. Which I guess there is a market for, but alot of people like these deals for a SECOND PS3. It's hard to imagine anyone with a PS3 that doesn't have Uncharted 2 at least, those games are just so old. Hell they have already had TWO different bundles with UNCHARTED 3. (the original one, and then the super-slim with the GOTY edition). I would almost be better off hoping they clearance out the Uncharted 3 bundles.

The better PS3 bundle is the SSX and NFS: Most Wanted bundle. Even though I already have SSX, at least NFS is a brand new game that I dont' have. It would be by far my preferred choice. Although I wonder which retailers(s) have this one, it might be much more limited/specific.

I like XBOX's bundle of Forza 4 and Skyrim the best. But even that one has some serious caveats, with Forza being a stripped down version, and Skyrim being digital download. Still if I could get this for $150-ish (netting out any promotional discounts), I'd be all over it.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I ment to say. This is good for new ps3 owners

[quote name='Agent Orange']$219, but with $40 back in coupons. Weren't all the deals last year $199? So at least that's a little bit better if this year the going price is $179. I'm extremely disappointed in the bundled PS3 games though. They are just too old. At least have 1 game that's less than a year old!! I already have all of them except Infamous Festival of Blood. I would say this deal is "lukewarm", although if someone (Amazon, Wal-Mart) has that price and maybe throws in one more little bonus - I might go for it. So long as I can order it from my house and not have to wait in line.

The 360 deal is even worse, not even the holiday bundle. WTF is up with that. Not even worth wasting ad space on the 4GB model with no games.[/QUOTE]

We will have to see what the other retailers do. Shopko is selling this bundle for $200.

The MSRP on this bundle is $270, so the BF price is $50 less, so I guess we will see prices on this bundle in the $200-$220 range...

Magnavox Streaming Player for $30 is decent deal, I guess, but really, just spend the extra $20, and buy yourself a real streaming device, like the Roku LT.

Otherwise, kind of crappy, to be honest.

Edit: Okay, I'll admit, $10 for 32 GB Flash Drive is a solid deal.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I'll put this in every Black Friday ad but this seems like the worst holiday season to be purchasing a console unless you're fully ready for new products to be announced and ignored for some time. At least in my view, of course I bought into the dreamcast months before its announced end so I'm jaded.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it seems like a good time to jump on the bandwagon if you don't already have the console you're buying. Get in at the end of its life cycle and reap the rewards of clearance and low prices on old games to build a game collection rather than get in at the beginning with limited selection and all games being $60 a pop. *shrug*

Radio Shack has sold the DS3 for $30 before, non-Black Friday. I know because I bought my 2nd PS3 controller there. *shrug* wasn't going to shop there anyhow, glad it sucks.

I actually am interested in the PS3 bundle, since 6AM is a lot more easier to deal with than 12AM at Best Buy. BB's doorbuster is just $22 less after tax, but for the savings, coupons, and less hassle of actually waiting and freezing by the bay, Radioshack is a welcome alternative.

[quote name='MR_E']Actually, it seems like a good time to jump on the bandwagon if you don't already have the console you're buying. Get in at the end of its life cycle and reap the rewards of clearance and low prices on old games to build a game collection rather than get in at the beginning with limited selection and all games being $60 a pop. *shrug*[/QUOTE]Agreed... tempted to get in on PS3 with this deal for the exclusives I've been missing out on. Plus, I could use an extra blu-ray player. If you're a true cheap-ass you won't be getting any of the new systems at launch, anyway...

[quote name='MR_E']Actually, it seems like a good time to jump on the bandwagon if you don't already have the console you're buying. Get in at the end of its life cycle and reap the rewards of clearance and low prices on old games to build a game collection rather than get in at the beginning with limited selection and all games being $60 a pop. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

Not to mention PS3 still has a bunch of good exclusives coming next year. The Last Of Us, God Of War, Sly 4, Puppeteer, and The Last Guardian if you believe that's a real thing.

Something tells me that this is going to be a crap year for Black Friday.

[quote name='VA']Something tells me that this is going to be a crap year for Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Would be a good thing for my wallet if true.

[quote name='VA']Something tells me that this is going to be a crap year for Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

In what verse? Console wise or games?

I have some solid predictions for sales on games:

Earlier games this year are going to be $10 at Wal*Mart
Borderlands 2: $35
Halo 4: $35-45
Assassin's Creed 3: $35
Black Ops II: $35-45 (maybe... if we are lucky)

3DS or 3DS XL BF exclusive bundle $160/$200 respectively (hoping for some good exclusive color)

[quote name='kart007k']U won't be seeing lines at this store.[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly why they can sell the PS3 bundle for $20 more. If I was in the market for one, I might just go this route. No line, show up early enough, get the console, go home. No crowds, no pushing, no shoving, no people getting trampled. I say that's worth the extra 20 bucks.

[quote name='mitch079']Which is exactly why they can sell the PS3 bundle for $20 more. If I was in the market for one, I might just go this route. No line, show up early enough, get the console, go home. No crowds, no pushing, no shoving, no people getting trampled. I say that's worth the extra 20 bucks.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget no risk of getting pepper sprayed:lol:

[quote name='TooPoor']Don't forget no risk of getting pepper sprayed:lol:[/QUOTE]
And the $40 worth of coupons that goes with it

If anyone asks why Radio shack still exists you don't work on enough electronics. It's so nice to have a retail store with so many electronic components.

As a SuperCag I'm going to be playing my 360 until gamestop stops selling the games for it. I will buy the PS3 after the PS4 is announced (and the price drops like a rock). I'm sorry for your past pain tho.

[quote name='Desousa93']If anyone asks why Radio shack still exists you don't work on enough electronics. It's so nice to have a retail store with so many electronic components.[/QUOTE]

Yup, while I can order cheap from places like digikey it's great to have a b&m to pick up components in a pinch when workng on projects (even if they are overpriced). That said my local RS has been scaling back it's electronics section.

bread's done
Back