Election Day 2012: I Voted for Kodos

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

#61 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

So I wonder how this will play out, an orderly election, with a clear winner, or will we have to wait until after the court battles? With all of the accusations of voter fraud, I get the feeling this one will take a bit.

There will be minor quibbles for sure, but nothing like 2000. Why do people think that's going to happen again anytime soon?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#62 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

this is what will happen

it will be a close race but Romney or obama will win and come out and do a speech but then mccain will come from the crowd to cash in his (PRESIDENT IN THE BANK) suitcase and wack them in the back of the head and becoming the new president :)

now that would be AWESOME

Lmfao first slidecage post where I laughed NOT because of spelling :lol:
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#63 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

There will be minor quibbles for sure, but nothing like 2000. Why do people think that's going to happen again anytime soon?

It could be close to as bad if it comes down to Ohio and it's very close there.

With the BS there they have with provisional ballots not being able to be counted for 10 days after the election, that could hold things up if the Ohio electoral votes end up being the deciding margin there and whoever is in the lead there isn't up enough to make the provisional ballots a moot point.

#64 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Plus like I said, all of the vote shenanigans that seem to be going on. I can see some court cases happening if things go a certain way.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#65 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

That's stuff goes on every time. Always going to be problems when millions of people are voting.

I don't think it ends up close enough to get tied up on technicalities though. It will probably be later in the night when we find out the winner than in 2008, but I figure we'll wake up to a winner.

#66 Knoell

Knoell

Achievement Unlocked

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

And so it begins...

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

Simple malfunctions. I can see this working for less obvious local elections, but who doesn't notice that the machine picked Romney when they choose Obama? It's not like you pick it and it disappears, you are supposedly asked to verify your vote twice (we don't have electronic voting machines here in Western NY), so at that point if I were voting for Obama, I would clearly say what the hell. Doesn't seem like you could get away with stealing votes on the Presidential scale that way....

#67 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Simple malfunctions. I can see this working for less obvious local elections, but who doesn't notice that the machine picked Romney when they choose Obama? It's not like you pick it and it disappears, you are supposedly asked to verify your vote twice (we don't have electronic voting machines here in Western NY), so at that point if I were voting for Obama, I would clearly say what the hell. Doesn't seem like you could get away with stealing votes on the Presidential scale that way....

Oh I agree. I just know that the amount of hysteria something like this will cause among those looking for a reason.

#68 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Damnit, dohdough said to make a witty title.

I'll take what we can get...and the title is actually Clak's.:lol:

I doubt that it's low. So much money has been put into that race from the Democrats to try and get it back.

Maybe they spent as much as the Republicans to hold it.;)

edit: Oh and wait time for me was 15 minutes in line. The district next to me(4 blocks away) had over an hour wait.

#69 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

A reference from one of the greatest Simpsons episodes isn't good enough for you?

Fuuuuuckkkk yoooouuuuu.;)
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#70 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

I'll take what we can get...and the title is actually Clak's.:lol:

Maybe they spent as much as the Republicans to hold it.;)

edit: Oh and wait time for me was 15 minutes in line. The district next to me(4 blocks away) had over an hour wait.

I think it's more the Democrats see it as Ted Kennedy's seat, and view it as some sort of legacy, doing whatever it takes to get it back.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#71 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

I think it's more the Democrats see it as Ted Kennedy's seat, and view it as some sort of legacy, doing whatever it takes to get it back.

Then you'd think wrong. That was just a campaign slogan for the last Democratic non-campaign.

#72 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

They just said on the news that a local polling station had a 3 hour wait, which sounds about right from my last experience.

#73 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

My polling station is great. Absolutely no line like in 2008, and the absolutely sweetest old ladies running it.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#74 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

My polling station is great. Absolutely no line like in 2008, and the absolutely sweetest old ladies running it.

sounds just like mine :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#75 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Voted, they asked me for ID. I said nowaibrah. ;)
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#76 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

why do we need this crap on every freaking over the air network... even PBS has it on all of their channels
WOOOO I STINK

#77 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

why do we need this crap on every freaking over the air network... even PBS has it on all of their channels

Shhh, go back to bed.

#78 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

It may truly be over for the Southern Strategy if Obama wins Florida. New Democratic voter registration was down from 230k to 11k from july '11 to july '12 because of voter registration drive changes. If they get out-turned out under those conditions, god damn.

#79 chiwii

chiwii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

They just said on the news that a local polling station had a 3 hour wait, which sounds about right from my last experience.

That's insane. I wonder how many people leave or just don't go because they can't or don't want to wait that long. Your state needs to fix that!

#80 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

I would just like to remind you all that my country is very cold this time of year and your currency no longer gets you as far up here as it used to and also my couch isn't very comfortable to sleep on.

EDIT: Also, what the Fuck is up with Oklahoma? It's all like "Hey Texas, do you want a border with Kansas? LOL TOO BAD HEY NEW MEXICO."

Man, Fuck y'all's maps.

Posted Image

#81 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Well it's been a long time since I voted. My wife and a recent trip to an Obama Rally helped me to get back to voting. Just before I moved, I remembered submitting all my change of addresses and stuff including VRC. Forgot about it and moved on. Thought I was registered properly when I got something in the mail but didn't look into it much. Anyways I go into the place where I thought I was set up...nope not on the list......so they checked the area where I use to live and found me and said go to the school nearest to your old home address so I went to that one...freaking lines out the door...so I went to go look for someone who would be able to tell me if I was in the right spot..this idiot lady redirects me to her boss and instead of being cool and helping me find out if I am in the right spot, he blows up on me saying "Get in line and vote or get out of here!!!" I am like WTF?!?!? As I am trying to ask if there was someone who could tell me if I am in the right place, he goes off and threatens to call the cops if I don't leave....... man these people in charge of these voting places are real assholes.

So I ask this one helper and he pulls out his HP palm pilot [or whatever] and finds the school I need to go to like in 2 mins.

Go to the right school, within 5 mins they were able to reactivate me so I could vote, had me corrected for my new address and five mins later I voted on paper and was out the door. Seems paper is faster than computer.

I live in the stupid state the way the news is reporting right now anyways.
Even the county I live in is voting for Rommey. I told my wife that we just wasted our time today.

and oh yeah

this

#82 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

I cannot believe that Desjarlais is doing so well. People in this state will vote for anything. Next time somebody should try getting their dog on the ballot.

#83 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

Seems like it might be Ohio and only Ohio. From what i see if Obama take Ohio he cannot lose.
Posted Image

#84 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

That's insane. I wonder how many people leave or just don't go because they can't or don't want to wait that long. Your state needs to fix that!

At this point it's pretty much either vote early, or don't even bother. I seriously don't know wtf they're thinking.

#85 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

If Obama takes Florida, he can give Romney every swing state that hasnt already been called including Ohio and still win.

#86 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

Wow they are calling my home sate of WI for Obama.

After the recall loss I thought he might be in trouble there. Also, Ryan losses his home state.

#87 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

Regardless of the outcomes tonight I'm just glad the endless marathon of smear campaigns are going to be over for the time being. As an absentee voter, I just want them all to shut up by Halloween.

#88 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

Projecting Warren to win MA.

Donnelly wins Indiana..
Posted Image

#89 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

Only 33% in, but NBC is calling Mass for Warren.

#90 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

Obama is looking good in Ohio and Colorado.

Florida is still neck and neck. VA close as well with lots still to come in from the DC suburbs.

CNN also projected Warren in MA. Also just called it for Donnelly in IN.