Halo 4, 12+1 Month Xbox LIVE + 800 Points - $99.98-Limited Edition Bundle -$139.98

berserker01

CAGiversary!
When you buy halo, a 12 month subscription you get 800 microsoft points. I pre-ordered halo and i talked to the best buy reps and apparently when you pick up the game you can just buy the bundle there. It's a pretty good deal if you need the xbox live card.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##1##1&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

update: I talked to several reps and confirmed that it doesn't affect your pre order rz certificate. That was a pre-order bonus if you, so as long is that is the case you get everything.
44giA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It SHOULD work with preorders.
Why should just anybody who wanders into the store get more than someone who has preordered a game with that store. I plan on getting the half off the strategy guide when I go to BB in a little while, and that better work as well.
I'll be pretty pissed off if I'm there to pick up $450 worth of Halo 4 items and can't get the same deal as some guy who wanders in off the street to pick up just the Vanilla version.

Debating if I should grab one of these or not, I have the limited edition ordered so hopefully it works with that.

So I assume the way this works is you hand them your preorder and 13 month card and it should ring up at $99.98 and then a code will either generated or emailed to you for the 800 points?

I do worry how this would effect the price match since this now essentially becomes a package deal.

Thanks, my xbox live is just about to run out so makes sense to buy this
sdsge

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I assume the way this works is you hand them your preorder and 13 month card and it should ring up at $99.98 and then a code will either generated or emailed to you for the 800 points?

I do worry how this would effect the price match since this now essentially becomes a package deal.[/QUOTE]
I think price matching could be a problem.

Personally, i think im going to try to PM newegg. I have their email where it says buy Halo 4, get XBL for $30 which is where i expect black friday prices to be. I'll still get my $20 pre-order cert bonus on Halo 4 and have the ability to PM it later.

edit: Went in and got this. Bestbuy matched my email no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting mine later on, but from what the best buy rep told me it means that when you pick up the game and each thing is individually charged and you get the 800 points free, so i don't think it would interfere in price matching.

Please let us know how it rings up. If Halo 4 still shows as $59.99, it will allow for future price matching. If the discount is taken off the game price, it might screw that up.

also if you're looking in to buying a phone if you buy halo today and register you get a $25 dollar gift card. trigger sku for best buy mobile 7030685. if you buy a phone from November 8 to December 31 you get a $25 dollar gift card. I was looking at phones so it's perfect. #winning

[quote name='berserker01']I bought it and it rings up all separately. halo is 59.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='berserker01']I bought it and it rings up all separately. halo is 59.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks. How are the points put on? Do you need to print a voucher from the preorder kiosk?

[quote name='lordopus99']Thanks. How are the points put on? Do you need to print a voucher from the preorder kiosk?[/QUOTE]

It's on the receipt when you buy it and they email you the code also.

[quote name='Japakneez']Whoever gets this deal, please post a pic of your receipt. Black out your RewardZone number.[/QUOTE]

halor.jpg

Like I posted in the other BB thread, I tried combining that GCU offer for a free 800 pts if you buy a 12 month card and the cashier said she couldnt do it cause the sku for the Halo 12 month card isnt listed under the offer.

Will the Halo 4 Skus be the same from store to store? I bought Halo last night at Gamestop but would love to get in on this deal but only if i could return the unopened copy from Best Buy back to Gamestop.

[quote name='D1987']Will the Halo 4 Skus be the same from store to store? I bought Halo last night at Gamestop but would love to get in on this deal but only if i could return the unopened copy from Best Buy back to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Download a sku scanner and Google search.

[quote name='berserker01']Download a sku scanner and Google search.[/QUOTE]

Teaching a man to fish. Thanks.

I tried to do this with a pre-ordered Halo L.E.. Used my receipt from pre-order and had them scan the Xbox Live Special Edition Halo 4 card and no discount was taken off (up to the final step). I complained that the ad just said Halo 4 and they gave me $20 off the limited edition. I didn't fight for the comparable of $10 for the 800 points, because I wasn't 100% sure why the deal wasn't working. So....paid $140 for l.e. and the live card.

I can confirm. Got halo 4 and 13 month and 800 ms points yesterday for $100 (still waiting for rz). Went in today and priced match frys down to 50. Hopefully that doesn't mess up my rz points. But the receipt charge 60 for game, 40 for Xbox live, and 0 for ms points

[quote name='fan_i_am']I can confirm. Got halo 4 and 13 month and 800 ms points yesterday for $100 (still waiting for rz). Went in today and priced match frys down to 50. Hopefully that doesn't mess up my rz points. But the receipt charge 60 for game, 40 for Xbox live, and 0 for ms points[/QUOTE]

thanks for confirming I'll try to price match when it gets lower since we have until January.

Turns out calling 1800 best buy was really rewarding! I complained that my local best buy couldn't do anything about giving me 800 MS points after buying both Halo 4 & XBL 12+1. They ended up giving me 2500 RZ points= $50!!! :applause:

Maybe I need to call the 1-800 best buy number. I tried to get the deal with the xbox live card and 800 points. When it rang up, the total price was about 120.00. I asked the sales rep why it was so much because I thought you get an extra 20 off the total price. Here comes the great answer that was told to me, " You do save 20, you get an extra month on the xbox live card and you get the 800 xbox live points. That totals an extra 20" I looked at him and told him that was wrong.
Needless to say, nothing changed and I walked out with just the game.

I preorder back in August went by yesterday and had no problem just getting 13 month card and 800 pts. They just knocked $20 off of the card price. Now just waiting for my $30 in GC from preorders.

Somehow I ended up getting two 800 points codes emailed to me. Guess it makes up for it taking 20 minutes for best buy to complete the transaction yesterday.

Well at this point I got the discount and my DLC codes on the receipt but not the 800 points. Will they eventually be emailed like the DLC when they forget to add it or will I have to make a call in a few days?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well at this point I got the discount and my DLC codes on the receipt but not the 800 points. Will they eventually be emailed like the DLC when they forget to add it or will I have to make a call in a few days?[/QUOTE]

You got the discount on the 12m live? If so, the deal doesnt package out unless the 800pts was added to the transaction also

[quote name='SeanTM22']You got the discount on the 12m live? If so, the deal doesnt package out unless the 800pts was added to the transaction also[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got the discount so I will be on the lookout for the 800 points then. Thanks.

Hmm now reading the posts above it sounds like it should be on the receipt even though I got the discount.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I got the discount so I will be on the lookout for the 800 points then. Thanks.

Hmm now reading the posts above it sounds like it should be on the receipt even though I got the discount.[/QUOTE]

Yeah both the xbox live and points should be on the receipt. The best buy cashiers are morons and don't know about promotions. i got the internal process sheet so that way they couldnt fuck up.

For whatever reason when i went to pick up the game 2 days ago I wasnt aware of this bundle. Does anyone know if I can get this bundle after already buying the game from them. Wana also make sure I keep my $20 rz cert as well.

[quote name='stevey22']For whatever reason when i went to pick up the game 2 days ago I wasnt aware of this bundle. Does anyone know if I can get this bundle after already buying the game from them. Wana also make sure I keep my $20 rz cert as well.[/QUOTE]

They slipped up and put up the deal on eastern time, so people on the west coast got a small sneak peak. You might get lucky and try to get a best buy rep on the phone to help you out with it.

So I am safe to assume now that if it is not on the receipt then I won't be getting it. I will call tomorrow and see what they say about it.

Called bb rewards, wasnt much help at all. I'll go into the store and see if I can get it done. I pre-ordered the game, picked it up 2 days ago and just want to get the rest of the bundle for the difference and keep my $20 rz cert. Not sure what the issue is. I also pre-ordered online so I know the store is just going to give me problems. Ugh.

Has anyone gotten the 800 points? I remember the ad saying they should've been emailed out but I only received my preorder bonuses.

bread's done
Back