Amazon offering Prime for $7.99/month?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 genkikani

genkikani

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

does anyone know if I renew my prime will I be charged $39.99? I am a student and have a student account. Or will they charge me the 79?

Mine renewed at $39.99, but if I remember there was something about a limit on how many times you could do it for that price...I can't remember for sure though.
Posted Image

#32 joker_cr

joker_cr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Mine renewed at $39.99, but if I remember there was something about a limit on how many times you could do it for that price...I can't remember for sure though.

Up to five years

#33 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

http://www.hackingne...bscription.html

for those saying it doesnt work on thier account try logging in thru this link htz supplied mine was saying $79.99 until I entered thru here
Posted Image

#34 yankeessuck

yankeessuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

Do they let you pay for it with credit/gift cards yet?

#35 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

AFAIK you could always cancel and they'd refund you the remaining time.

#36 squijee

squijee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

did it auto renew? I'm wondering cuz mine is set to auto renew but i don't know much it is gonna charge me
PS3 Slim 160GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
PS4 (Upgraded to 2TB)
My For Sell Thread http://www.cheapassg...ari/?p=11868193

#37 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Hmmmm I think I would definitely opt for 7.99 a month around the holidays instead of paying $80 a year.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#38 mutantchipmunk

mutantchipmunk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Clicked on start free trial since ive never done amazon prime yet, it still said it $79 a year then when i clicked the button it brought me here.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I'll stick with $79 a year. $6.58 a month. Plus I pay once and then it's out of the way (for a year).

Crunchewy.png

#40 King CAG

King CAG

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

I think they are offering the $7.99 plan to everyone. If you see the $79 a year plan on the prime home page click on it. There, they should give you the option between choosing the $79 a year or the $7.99 a month.

#41 beetlegum

beetlegum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Has anyone noticed a significant drop in their Prime Service? I am regularly ordering stuff that takes well beyond the 2 day shipping to deliver. I noticed more of their items are becoming fullfilled by a third party as well.

I definitely won't pay the equivalent of Netflix streaming price for a year. Prime's streaming selection is quite small by comparison. They haven't added anything new in like 2 months either.

#42 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

I still don't get the 7.99 offer. When I click on Prime, it brings me to one page and the only option available is $79 - with one button to charge my credit card. Oh well.
Posted Image

#43 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

amazon says this is fake and based on the 2 users who confirmed im inclined to agree

Go find another corner to slang your BS on.

#44 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

I'll stick with $79 a year. $6.58 a month. Plus I pay once and then it's out of the way (for a year).

same here, my sub runs out next month I will let it auto renew. The yearly price is still $79 right? the price on it hasn't gone up?

AnQAzfm.png

#45 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Strange how a question made it into the deals section. In any case, sticking with the yearly membership, but can see how a monthly, but more costly one, would be good for some. But again dont see how its a deal either, just a new option for prime membership.

#46 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Stupid question but when is the best time to start a one year subscription? January 1 or right now in November? I know it is for a full year and largely a matter of preference, but I was curious (kinda like if you prefer your credit card statement to end at the beginning or end of the month).

#47 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Available for me & I've never bought Prime, only did a 3 month trial a couple years ago.

#48 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Available for me, never used Prime before.

#49 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

How is the prime video service VS netflix?

#50 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

And this must be for only for NEW customers. Only shows me the $79.99 option as well.

#51 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Has anyone noticed a significant drop in their Prime Service? I am regularly ordering stuff that takes well beyond the 2 day shipping to deliver. I noticed more of their items are becoming fullfilled by a third party as well.

I definitely won't pay the equivalent of Netflix streaming price for a year. Prime's streaming selection is quite small by comparison. They haven't added anything new in like 2 months either.

Didn't they just add all the Star Trek shows/movies? That's enough (mostly) exceptional content to keep you busy for a year, it lasted me a year and a half.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#52 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

After creating a account under my wifes name, it shows the trial plus the $7.99 a month option. Maybe my thinking this is only for new customers was right.

I wonder if Amazon plans to extend this to current customers that do not have prime.

#53 Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

And this must be for only for NEW customers. Only shows me the $79.99 option as well.

I have had 2 prime trials one in 2008 and one sept. of this year and I was offered the $7.99 a month deal. My amazon account was created in 2007 so I don't think its for new customers only. I guess if you ever had a real amazon prime membership it is possible you wouldn't get this deal.
Posted Image
Nintendo Network ID: Yeloazndevil

#54 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, I had prime for a year and then cancelled. It's all good. I'm not sold on the instant streaming because they basically have the same shows Netflix does. But since I have been paying Netflix $8 a month for streaming only for the last 6 years, I may stick with paying Amazon $8 a month just to take advantage of the free 2 day shipping again. Maybe that would prompt me to actually buy stuff from Amazon again.

#55 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

went to mozilla and used

http://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/monthly

got it to work

#56 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I tried different browsers and it made no difference. Well, you better make that war happen quick because come December 12, 2012....The apocalypse will happen. LMAO

#57 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Not a bad deal, Wish I saw this earlier :( signed up last week with the student pricing so I could get some BF/Christmas shopping done but this would have been better, I don't really order too much from amazon itself, but more from the third party ppl. Oh well, Prime instant video isn't so bad! (given the somewhat limited selection)

#58 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

went to mozilla and used

http://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/monthly

got it to work

thanks. I logged out, and then used the link you posted. that is the only way the 7.99 option would appear for me. I tend to do most of my amazon shoping around the holidays, when the shipping time is more important.

rest of the year when I do buy, I usually just pad orders for the free super saver shipping.

#59 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

thanks. I logged out, and then used the link you posted. that is the only way the 7.99 option would appear for me. I tend to do most of my amazon shoping around the holidays, when the shipping time is more important.

rest of the year when I do buy, I usually just pad orders for the free super saver shipping.

yeah thats what i do but i do so much graphic novel preordering now i dont need to wait for 5 to be on preorder before i pull the trigger

#60 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

I do have the option, hope it's still there in a couple weeks as I'd rather start my month right before Black Friday so I can use it for all my Christmas shopping.