Photo
- - - - -

The OFFICIAL Holiday Blu-Ray / DVD Deals 2012 Thread - GOLD BOX DEALS ON NOW!

• Please log in to reply
425 replies to this topic

#91 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

As far as walmart goes, get there an hour early and instead of hovering around the cardboard display box, go try and pick one off the regular dvd rack. Had great luck last year getting games and movies out of the cases a few hours early, got me out of the store faster too.

I think this was different for some folks last year as they didn't sell all of their inventory yet only a certain amount that were snickered in the cardboard case

#92 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Kinda sad that no one has The Avengers for sale.

#93 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

I was hoping for The Office to be on sale somewhere. Anyone here or see anything yet?

#94 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

I was hoping for The Office to be on sale somewhere. Anyone here or see anything yet?

Not yet though I am sure if Target doesn't have any of the seasons on sale, it will probably be an unadvertised sale on Best Buy and/or Amazon. I can't think of a year seasons of the Office weren't on sale during BF.

523546.png

#95 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

Not yet though I am sure if Target doesn't have any of the seasons on sale, it will probably be an unadvertised sale on Best Buy and/or Amazon. I can't think of a year seasons of the Office weren't on sale during BF.

Very true, A little bit of patience on my end will help. Figuring this is the last season, I want to start the buying the collection. Do you by any chance remember a price from Target last year? 10 or 12 Bucks is Ringing a Bell.

#96 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

As far as walmart goes, get there an hour early and instead of hovering around the cardboard display box, go try and pick one off the regular dvd rack. Had great luck last year getting games and movies out of the cases a few hours early, got me out of the store faster too.

YMMV on this, the discs on the display rack usually have promo stickers on them with separate UPC labels and will ring up differently than the ones on the regular shelf, which will ring up at full price. Some employees may adjust the price on the shelf discs to the black friday price, but most will tell you it needs to be the promo version.

#97 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Very true, A little bit of patience on my end will help. Figuring this is the last season, I want to start the buying the collection. Do you by any chance remember a price from Target last year? 10 or 12 Bucks is Ringing a Bell.

Unfortunately once Netflix started having all the seasons of the Office as view instantly I stopped collecting them but looking at my spreadsheets from prior years I bought Season 4 for $13 from Amazon for BF '09. I think it was a price match with someone else. Hope that helps with a general idea of what they might go for now. Should only be a couple of dollars less or more I would think this year

523546.png

#98 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Unfortunately once Netflix started having all the seasons of the Office as view instantly I stopped collecting them but looking at my spreadsheets from prior years I bought Season 4 for $13 from Amazon for BF '09. I think it was a price match with someone else. Hope that helps with a general idea of what they might go for now. Should only be a couple of dollars less or more I would think this year

Thanks for the help! I told myself the two shows I was gonna collect on DVD were The Office and Seinfeld. Personally, I would rather have the DVD of those series. Luckily, Seinfeld isn't on Netflix so it is encouragement to collect the seasons.

#99 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Personally I'm still hoping for a great deal on The Office Season 8 on Blu just to keep my collection complete.

New sig coming soon.

#100 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

Most of the early seasons are between $10 and $15 normally. I remember last year they had a bunch of TV shows at $3-$5-$7, but I can't remember what shows were on there.

#101 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I think I asked this earlier, but does anyone think there will be good deals on Blu-Ray players? After nearly 10 years of having DVD's, I think it might be time for an upgrade.

#102 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

I could be crazy but I think there are some decent deals but not too sure if the brand is reliable in the blu ray player dept.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#103 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

I think I asked this earlier, but does anyone think there will be good deals on Blu-Ray players? After nearly 10 years of having DVD's, I think it might be time for an upgrade.

Walmart and Best Buy have an LG for $37-39

#104 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

No Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 deals? I was looking forward to that. Come on Amazon!
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#105 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

A lot of Blu-ray players nowadays are under $100, so I would expect to see some $35-$50 players this BF. FWIW, I bought a cheap Panasonic from Costco a few years ago and it has worked for me. Then again, I don't use any online functions and don't have an HDTV...

#106 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Another year of movies and tv shows for my Black Friday and that's fine with me.

#107 URABAHN

URABAHN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

I see $12.99 Blus in the K-Mart ad not listed here.

Brave
Snow White and the Huntsman
Hunger Games
Prometheus
Cinderella
Breaking Dawn
Magic Mike
Secret Wings
Lorax

#108 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I see $12.99 Blus in the K-Mart ad not listed here.

Brave
Snow White and the Huntsman
Hunger Games
Prometheus
Cinderella
Breaking Dawn
Magic Mike
Secret Wings
Lorax

I thought I was losing my mind until I realized that Kmart did two ads... a Thanksgiving ad and a Black Friday ad. I posted up the Thanksgiving one, I'll get around to the Black Friday one later tonight.

Thanks for pointing that out!

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#109 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Has anyone seen a retailer advertising a 70" LED TV for Black Friday? I have searched several online sites, but I have come up empty.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#110 Penguin1084

Penguin1084

The Disney Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Target's ad just went up and it's in black and white!

541460_10200940885341320_940060124_n.jpg

#111 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Prometheus will be $10 at Target on Blu

#112 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Has anyone seen a retailer advertising a 70" LED TV for Black Friday? I have searched several online sites, but I have come up empty.

Yea, Walmart. $1800 Sharp LED 70" 1080P 120Hz. I think it's on Thanksgiving day only. Not sure.

#113 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hmmm, no deals on Star Wars or Indiana Jones blu-ray sets huh ... I am disappoint

#114 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Yea, Walmart. $1800 Sharp LED 70" 1080P 120Hz. I think it's on Thanksgiving day only. Not sure.

Thanks, I found it. It looks like I will be buying one from Paul's TV unless BBY or Amazon have a sale. I wish I still lived near a Fry's.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#115 URABAHN

URABAHN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Prometheus will be $10 at Target on Blu

Yeeeah, done and done.

#116 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hmmm, no deals on Star Wars or Indiana Jones blu-ray sets huh ... I am disappoint

Likewise. I was waiting last year for a deal on the Star Wars set too, and I don't remember it going down in price at all.

Pretty disappointing so far. Also very disappointed that the only tv boxsets that seem to be on sale are the DVD ones. True Blood S4 for $10. Ok, but where's my deal for the blu ray? Last Black Friday I got S2 and 3 price matched at Walmart, because the Best Buy flyer didn't specify if it was DVD or blu, just said "tv sets".

#117 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Likewise. I was waiting last year for a deal on the Star Wars set too, and I don't remember it going down in price at all.

Pretty disappointing so far. Also very disappointed that the only tv boxsets that seem to be on sale are the DVD ones. True Blood S4 for $10. Ok, but where's my deal for the blu ray? Last Black Friday I got S2 and 3 price matched at Walmart, because the Best Buy flyer didn't specify if it was DVD or blu, just said "tv sets".

I agree. I am really counting on Amazon now to bring out the deals on some blu-ray tv sets like Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, True Blood, etc. I think last year Best Buy did a couple of unadvertised deals on some tv shows too during BF weekend like Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

523546.png

#118 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I recall scoring better prices on most of the bluray sets and tv shows in the weeks following black friday. aside from eastbound and down, I think that was sub 10 on bluray last black friday. memory is fuzzy.

so while I am circling a few films to grab, most of the pricier sets I will keep an eye on afterwards.

#119 nedstark

nedstark

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

I thought I was losing my mind until I realized that Kmart did two ads... a Thanksgiving ad and a Black Friday ad. I posted up the Thanksgiving one, I'll get around to the Black Friday one later tonight.

Thanks for pointing that out!

I really wish the 3D version is also on sale

#120 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Was really hoping for a great deal on Indiana as well!

Was hoping for $30-35

Amazon has it for $49 maybe they will come through but I doubt it!