CAG PSN Gamesharing #5 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9706 replies to this topic

#8221 iwarboY

iwarboY

Awesomesauce.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Alright, I'm almost in disbelief that this would happen, so I'm not going to be immediately presumptive and accuse anyone of malfeasance. HOWEVER, the Spec Ops: The Line account password has been abruptly changed. I LITERALLY JUST used it 2 days ago to deactivate my console, so I know it was accurate. Incidentally, I also sold this account two days ago to @akbeast17. I don't know what's going on, but I'd like to resolve it quickly and peacefully. Please, if anyone has the login information to this account, regardless if you deliberately/accidentally changed it. I've never had an issue here, and I'd like to keep it that way.

i am present with the buyer over the net when i make a sale of a share.. i ask them when they will be online and i meet them at that specific time to hand over ' all ' info including deactivation. then and only then do i hand them the info and tell them to activate the share (to prevent snipers/theft) is this what you do also?

iwarboy.png549785.png
"Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near: let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God for He will abundantly pardon" (Isa. 55:6-7). - Only one life, ’twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last. - C.T. Studd

#8222 da1nonliiny

da1nonliiny

Th3 W1cK3d 0n3s

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Anyone has a AC3 season pass share and only the season pass?
PSN: Two_HoOd
Twitter: gtbadbai010
Have other system but dont play them lol
:bouncy:
Woottt Woottt

Posted Image

#8223 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

i am present with the buyer over the net when i make a sale of a share.. i ask them when they will be online and i meet them at that specific time to hand over ' all ' info including deactivation. then and only then do i hand them the info and tell them to activate the share (to prevent snipers/theft) is this what you do also?

What steps do you take to insure there will not be a scam? I walk people through step by step. I ask for continuous updates. I continuously check the activation. This allows me to see if a system has been activated. If a system is activated, then they have the game. I do not deactivate until the very last moment. Unfortunately, there is no real way to prevent scammers. We can only limit the impact by them. I'd appreciate your input.

Trade List Games & DLC

#8224 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

What steps do you take to insure there will not be a scam? I walk people through step by step. I ask for continuous updates. I continuously check the activation. This allows me to see if a system has been activated. If a system is activated, then they have the game. I do not deactivate until the very last moment. Unfortunately, there is no real way to prevent scammers. We can only limit the impact by them. I'd appreciate your input.

Are you saying you continuously ask for updates and check activation even long after you sold a share or just during the selling process?

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#8225 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Are you saying you continuously ask for updates and check activation even long after you sold a share or just during the selling process?

During the selling process I continuously check the account information. After the purchase there is nothing more I can do. I cannot prevent the person I sold the share to or the person who sold me the share from changing the password. I am not selling resells anymore. I will only sell phantoms. This will allow for the buyer to be insured against anyone sniping the account in the future.

Trade List Games & DLC

#8226 da1nonliiny

da1nonliiny

Th3 W1cK3d 0n3s

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Any assassins creed 3 season pass?
Woottt Woottt

Posted Image

#8227 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Uhhh, I'm not sure what I was supposed to do differently. He paid me for the account, I deactivated it on my console and I gave him the login information. I not only logged in through my ps3, but also through the SEN site as well to verify that everything was kosher. Two days later, he's unable to login. What the Fuck was I supposed to do?

I'm not annoyed by the potential loss in money, but rather in the disruption of confidence we all have in this system. Trust is the true casualty here, not $7. I'm hoping that this is just a misunderstanding or mistake on someone's behalf.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#8228 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Uhhh, I'm not sure what I was supposed to do differently. He paid me for the account, I deactivated it on my console and I gave him the login information. I not only logged in through my ps3, but also through the SEN site as well to verify that everything was kosher. Two days later, he's unable to login. What the Fuck was I supposed to do?

I'm annoyed not by the potential loss in money, but the disruption in confidence that we all have in this system. Trust is the real casualty here, not $7. I'm hoping that this is just a misunderstanding or mistake on someone's behalf.

There is not much you could have done. You basically did everything for the selling process to go smoothly. Maybe you should check on who is the other account shareholder.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#8229 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

I do check the account status every week on every game I am a resell on & still own. I know every member who participated in the original group. Until recently I have never experienced any problems. Within the last 3 days someone has sniped two of my accounts. I would not have known this early, but I read the thread & a Spec Ops the Line account has been sniped. I checked my Spec Ops account & it has been sniped. Coincidentally enough.......I purchased both shares from the same person.....I'm waiting for him to reply before outing him. If I no longer own the game, I delete the gameshare information from my spreadsheet.

I'm not annoyed by the potential loss in money, but rather in the disruption of confidence we all have in this system. Trust is the true casualty here, not $7. I'm hoping that this is just a misunderstanding or mistake on someone's behalf.

There is not much more you can do. Post the account information: cagspecops@hotmail.com was the account I had sniped. It has been within three days too.

Trade List Games & DLC

#8230 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Can someone provide a link to the other game sharing threads on different sites? I only use this one, but I want to check other forums. Thanks.

Trade List Games & DLC

#8231 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

I do check the account status every week on every game I am a resell on & still own. I know every member who participated in the original group. Until recently I have never experienced any problems. Within the last 3 days someone has sniped two of my accounts. I would not have known this early, but I read the thread & a Spec Ops the Line account has been sniped. I checked my Spec Ops account & it has been sniped. Coincidentally enough.......I purchased both shares from the same person.....I'm waiting for him to reply before outing him. If I no longer own the game, I delete the gameshare information from my spreadsheet.

There is not much more you can do. Post the account information: cagspecops@hotmail.com was the account I had sniped. It has been within three days too.

Yeah I check it pretty regularly too. Good thing I can check online or it would be a bitch to do for all my share and luckily most of my shares are the ones I've hosted so if an account every gets changed or sniped, it would be pretty easy to narrow down a person. Thankfully I haven't been sniped yet as most of my resells are not currently activated.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#8232 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

YOU'RE KIDDING?! That's the account he's unable to login into. I swear it was working right before I put it up for sale and subsequently sold it to him, otherwise I would not have unloaded it. You are fucking kidding me right now.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#8233 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

YOU'RE KIDDING?! That's the account he's unable to login into. I swear it was working right before I put it up for sale and subsequently sold it to him, otherwise I would not have unloaded it. You are fucking kidding me right now.

I knew it too. There is no way it could be that coincidental. Oddly enough the other share I bought from the seller has also been sniped. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but there is no way this guy didn't jack these accounts. I check all accounts every week. Both accounts were fine a few days ago.

Trade List Games & DLC

#8234 iwarboY

iwarboY

Awesomesauce.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

What do you mean 2 days later??? if he didn't activate the share immediately after the transaction, then you are not at fault here. there is certainly no reason to give a refund. the buyers response ability is to activate the account.

iwarboy.png549785.png
"Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near: let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God for He will abundantly pardon" (Isa. 55:6-7). - Only one life, ’twill soon be past, Only what’s done for Christ will last. - C.T. Studd

#8235 iwarboY

iwarboY

Awesomesauce.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

there is no need to continually ask for updates when you ' only ' hand over the acct info once the buyer has verified they are in front of the ps3 that very moment. i'm speaking about a 20 second to 30 second timeframe from when you deactivate and when the buyer activates. because of this, there is no room for theft. safety precautions at the maximum will be annoying for some buyers and i'll have to explain this is to ensure prevention of any problems. annoyance is a small price to hear rather than a situation like this present one.

iwarboy.png549785.png

#8236 iwarboY

iwarboY

Awesomesauce.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

What do you mean 2 days later??? if he didn't activate the share immediately after the transaction, then you are not at fault here. there is certainly no reason to give a refund. the buyers response ability is to activate the account.

by what i'm gathering here, if akbeast has not activated the share for 2 full days, leaving an deactivated share open to cyberspace ... this is equal to purchasing an item at your grocery store and leaving the item for anyone to pocket. you're not responsible for a lost item because the buyer failed to bring home the purchased item.

iwarboy.png549785.png

#8237 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

by what i'm gathering here, if akbeast has not activated the share for 2 full days, leaving an deactivated share open to cyberspace ... this is equal to purchasing an item at your grocery store and leaving the item for anyone to pocket. you're not responsible for a lost item because the buyer failed to bring home the purchased item.

The account should be immediately activated. This is why I make sure the accounts are activated. If the account is sniped, at least they were able to get a phantom. People do not like to bother with all of this, but too bad. It is for both of our protection. This is why I will only offer phantoms in the future.

Edited by kerouac kid, 20 February 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Trade List Games & DLC

#8238 iwarboY

iwarboY

Awesomesauce.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Not to take light off of the serious matter here, but i'm at this time able to give free phantoms of one of my previous 5 share activation accounts. There are 4 spots open and i intend to give these phantoms to regular cag's of this thread. if you are interested and you're a reg, pm my inbox.

Account includes:
Mega Man 10
Burn Zombie Burn
Bomberman Ultra
Fat Princess
Gunstar Heroes
PixelJunk Monsters
Battlefield 1943
Wolfenstein 3D
Jeapordy ( EDIT: 1 slot now available )

Edited by iwarboY, 20 February 2013 - 11:41 PM.

iwarboy.png549785.png

#8239 bill123

bill123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

kerouac kid I sent you a PM

55877.png
563306.png

#8240 da1nonliiny

da1nonliiny

Th3 W1cK3d 0n3s

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

AC3 season pass anyone phantom anyone ? I really need one.
Woottt Woottt

Posted Image

#8241 ClydeShebang

ClydeShebang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

DmC Phantom or resell if any kind soul willing to part with it for $9.

#8242 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

For any paypal experts here: If I gift money to someone without a paypal balance (having it withdraw from my bank account instead), will the transfer be instant or is there still a wait time?

#8243 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

kerouac kid I sent you a PM

Thanks bill.

Trade List Games & DLC

#8244 catspit

catspit

CATiversaryspit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

For any paypal experts here: If I gift money to someone without a paypal balance (having it withdraw from my bank account instead), will the transfer be instant or is there still a wait time?

its instant for me.

#8245 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

its instant for me.

Thanks! In that case, I'm looking for a Crysis 3 phantom, a Metal Gear Rising phantom, and a Resident Evil 6 phantom/resell.

#8246 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Thanks! In that case, I'm looking for a Crysis 3 phantom, a Metal Gear Rising phantom, and a Resident Evil 6 phantom/resell.

MGS isn't on PSN...

#8247 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

MGS isn't on PSN...

WHAT!? Ok, let me revise that. Looking for phantom of Crysis 3 and phantom or resell of Resident Evil 6.

#8248 akbeast17

akbeast17

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

I don't need a refund I just want to know who changed the password..

#8249 Cromzz

Cromzz

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

What's a sniped account? I'm still somewhat a noob at this.

PSN ID: JCromzz

3DS Friend Code: 4184 2120 4801

Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Animal Crossing:  New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land

#8250 gamerGirl34

gamerGirl34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Selling:
Sonic Generations + NFS Hot Pursuit Super Sports Pack (RESELL) (UK) - $5