Photo
- - - - -

NewEgg Oblivion GOTY/Fallout 3 GOTY $10 Dark Souls $15 Portal 2 PS3/360 20 PC 18

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Trying to decide on Oblvion GOTY for PC or PS3.

Will PC at max settings look a lot better than the PS3 version?

Yes. Especially with mods, assuming your computer can handle them.

#32 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

has fallout 3(pc) been lower then that?

Yeah I've seen it for $5 at least twice recently. Once during the summer sale in July and once since then. $10 is still a good deal because it's undoubtedly one of the best games of all time (my personal favorite game I've ever played, by far, so I'm biased as hell). But if you're not planning on playing it really soon, you wouldn't hurt to hold out.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#33 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Did that $5 price include all of the DLC, though?

Fallout 3 is one of those games that I'm always tempted to get back into, but can never seem to make much progress in before it goes back in the pile. I think it's the desire to use VATS, only to run out of AP and have to hide around a corner during every fight.

PS: Does the DLC for Fallout install like Borderlands GOTY or do you need to have the GOTY disc to play? Because I have a vanilla copy of Fallout 3 still.

#34 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

I played the PS3 version well over 150 hours, and I think I had to restart my console maybe 3-4 times because of freezes. All in all it wasn't that bad, and didn't take away from my enjoyment. Probably my favorite game of all time. Just save often as always in these huge rpgs

You're the only person in existence that didn't have many Fallout 3 problems then. :lol:

You're positive that you played the GOTY version? Not just vanilla? The vanilla stuff was generally fine, although still better on the 360, but the DLC was horrible with framerates dropping to unacceptable levels, even for two friends of mine who are the biggest Playstation fanboys/apologists this side of the Mississippi. One friend's PS3 died because of Fallout 3 -Point Lookout. It literally burned out something inside the PS3 (the CPU or something?).

Anyhow, it's my favorite game ever, but I wouldn't put even a free copy in my PS3. And no, definitely not a PS3 hater or 360 or PC fanboy. I own PS3, 360, and Wii, and have loads of games on Steam/PC (the Steam summer sale converted me to a PC gamer). I don't have loyalty to any one console. I'll get games based on which console they work better for (using Eurogamer and LensOfTruth for research), or PC for the cheapest price.

Highly considering ordering a 360 copy so I can give away my used copy. Yeah, I think I will.

#35 canedaddy

canedaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

I played the PS3 GOTY version and all the DLC, and didn't have any major problems. Sure,the framerate drops at times and you get a hard freeze every so often, but it's not a total mess like New Vegas.
Posted Image

#36 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Did that $5 price include all of the DLC, though?

Fallout 3 is one of those games that I'm always tempted to get back into, but can never seem to make much progress in before it goes back in the pile. I think it's the desire to use VATS, only to run out of AP and have to hide around a corner during every fight.

PS: Does the DLC for Fallout install like Borderlands GOTY or do you need to have the GOTY disc to play? Because I have a vanilla copy of Fallout 3 still.

Yes, it was the Fallout 3 GOTY edition I saw for $5 at least twice since July.

This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase History online at any time.

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
4.99 USD

Subtotal
4.99 USD
Tax
0.00 USD

Total
4.99 USD

Payment Info

PayPal
4.99 USD
Confirmation Number
1333xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date Confirmed
Mon Jul 23 01:04:21 2012

Can't confirm about DLC install process, as I bought on PC through Steam all at once, so IDK. On the 360 you only needed the vanilla disc once you installed the GOTY disc to the hard drive.

#37 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Dark Souls for 15.....ooooo I wanna get it, but at the same time I dont like to die a lot as I'm a little impatient. Guess I'll have to pass.

#38 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

You're the only person in existence that didn't have many Fallout 3 problems then. :lol:

You're positive that you played the GOTY version? Not just vanilla? The vanilla stuff was generally fine, although still better on the 360, but the DLC was horrible with framerates dropping to unacceptable levels, even for two friends of mine who are the biggest Playstation fanboys/apologists this side of the Mississippi. One friend's PS3 died because of Fallout 3 -Point Lookout. It literally burned out something inside the PS3 (the CPU or something?).

Not saying I didn't have many problems, just none that were terrible enough to really put a damper on my experience. And yes, I'm positive it's the GOTY edition, I traded my vanilla copy towards it bc I didn't have an internet connection at the time.

#39 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Been wanting to rebuy Dark Souls but with the msrp at $20 this doesnt seem like much of a deal. Ill hold out for $10 somewhere.

#40 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Not saying I didn't have many problems, just none that were terrible enough to really put a damper on my experience. And yes, I'm positive it's the GOTY edition, I traded my vanilla copy towards it bc I didn't have an internet connection at the time.

Cool, wasn't calling you a liar or anything. But up to this point, you were the first person I'd personally seen that didn't have crippling problems on that console with that game. I mean, don't get me wrong, I did enjoy 80 hours on my PS3 version before I gave up. I was at level 16, but had only recently...err...finished the first major decision/plot point outside the vault. I'll just say it was EXPLOSIVE. ;)

I did LOTS of exploring before I got to the main missions.

#41 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Oh I did want to point out that this is also $10 used at Best Buy and they've got their Buy 2 Get 1 sale, so if you can find two more games for $10 or less, it'd be $30 or less for 3 games. -10% if you've got Gamer's Club Unlocked. I'm tempted to do that because I've been wanting to pick up that Watchmen game. Just wish I knew if the PS3 or 360 version of the Watchmen game is better, or if I should just wait for a Steam sale. I know it's not a great game, but I liked the demo and just ordered the Blu-Ray ultimate cut + graphic novel.

#42 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Cool, wasn't calling you a liar or anything. But up to this point, you were the first person I'd personally seen that didn't have crippling problems on that console with that game. I mean, don't get me wrong, I did enjoy 80 hours on my PS3 version before I gave up. I was at level 16, but had only recently...err...finished the first major decision/plot point outside the vault. I'll just say it was EXPLOSIVE. ;)

I did LOTS of exploring before I got to the main missions.

Ha, I played both scenarios, my favorite was still the, uh, non-explosive decision. But also, in an awesome game such as this especially, I am a little more forgiving of bugs and such as others may be. Still had no problems whatsoever finishing and enjoying the GOTY edition, and at $10 it's one of the best gaming deals available.

#43 H22A

H22A

Happy trails, Hans.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Thanks OP. Got Fallout 3 finally for Xbox 360. Also, might as well finally check out Gears of War 2 for $7.99 (Amazon).

Oops: will leave here as it was apparently inspiration for Amazon price-matching

#44 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

I am tempted to try out Fallout 3 finally. Held off because scared by glitch reports (also why have yet to play Skyrim) on the PS3. $10 and roll the dice here...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#45 henryVIII

henryVIII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Amazon priced matched Fallout 3, just FYI. Wish I would have waited (amazon credit), but oh well.

http://www.amazon.co...words=fallout 3

#46 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

I am tempted to try out Fallout 3 finally. Held off because scared by glitch reports (also why have yet to play Skyrim) on the PS3. $10 and roll the dice here...

Just save often, and you'll be fine. My main problem was that I'd get so sucked into the game that I'd forget to save as often as I should. Which I guess is both good and bad. Still, if you can look past a few glitches, you won't regret it.

#47 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

$15 used to be my biting price for Dark Soul until I heard some have found it in target clearance for sub $10. I wonder if I should give up hope now :bomb:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#48 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

BUY Fallout 3, best game this generation IMO which is correct. I'm rebuying to have the DLC on a disc, bought it all off XBL.

I didn't get hooked by Oblivion and have the vanilla. That $10 for EVERYTHING is damn tempting when I can sell the vanilla like i'm doing with my vanilla fallout.

EDIT: Same price at Amazon, glad I didn't submit my order yet at Newegg. I have a pile of Amazon credit so I added $11.40 Otomedius Excellent for free shipping.

#49 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Just save often, and you'll be fine. My main problem was that I'd get so sucked into the game that I'd forget to save as often as I should. Which I guess is both good and bad. Still, if you can look past a few glitches, you won't regret it.

The big one that would be a deal breaker would be loss of all data. I can handle mild headaches, but a "Walking Dead" (twice!) data loss glitch really bugs me.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#50 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Looks like I'm in for Fallout 3 GOTY. I got New Vegas but never played. I was told to play Fallout 3 first.

#51 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

The big one that would be a deal breaker would be loss of all data. I can handle mild headaches, but a "Walking Dead" (twice!) data loss glitch really bugs me.

In my personal experience I have never had a file erased, nor have I ever heard of this happening to anyone else with the game. So if you're like me and that's your main concern, you'll be fine. I suppose if the game happens to freeze while saving, as in any other game, the file could become corrupted. But I'm sure you already know to keep multiple saves, etc etc.

#52 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

i picked up Soul Calibur CE for Xbox $25

#53 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Looks like I'm in for Fallout 3 GOTY. I got New Vegas but never played. I was told to play Fallout 3 first.

Or if you really really wanna love Fallout 3 then play New Vegas first. ;)

#54 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

yeah i spoke with a friend at cs and got em to price match but stupid me ordered from newegg anyways thinking it would take a couple days to price match bah

oh well it was going into my backlog anyways

#55 Abear21

Abear21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Or if you really really wanna love Fallout 3 then play New Vegas first. ;)

That's sad because I own but haven't played New Vegas but like others in this thread, Fallout 3 is probably my fav. game ever.

I owned the GOTY version for PS3 and had MAJOR framerate issues with The Pitt but the others weren't bad.

#56 toejam901

toejam901

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Can I get Bestbuy to price match these prices?

#57 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

change the damn link, as it doesn't work on page 1!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#58 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

change the damn link, as it doesn't work on page 1!

sheesh so rude and to think i originally liked you for your username

that being said the op has been updated with the correct links

#59 ericthecro

ericthecro

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I snatched up Fallout 3, thanks!

#60 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Thanks picked up Oblivion IV:Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 on amazon.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image