NewEgg Oblivion GOTY/Fallout 3 GOTY $10 Dark Souls $15 Portal 2 PS3/360 20 PC 18

Tempted on Dark Souls, but I'll wait for the Prepare to Die version to drop instead.

Thanks for the post OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bosamba']Tempted on Dark Souls, but I'll wait for the Prepare to Die version to drop instead. [/QUOTE]

Isnt the Prepair to Die Edition only available in Europe? I was under the impression that the US only got the extra content as DLC and in the PC version.

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']has fallout 3(pc) been lower then that?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's been cheaper during a Steam sale.

[quote name='Fabrizo']Isnt the Prepair to Die Edition only available in Europe? I was under the impression that the US only got the extra content as DLC and in the PC version.[/QUOTE]

In that case, I'll wait for XBL or PSN to have a sale on the DLC, then I'll buy the base version on disc for that specific platform. Hopefully PSN will have a sale on a downloadable bundle like they've done in the past with other games.

[quote name='Dominick331']The website seems to be down. Tempted to grab Dark Souls, but I was hoping for cheaper on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

The links show it's down, but if you just go to their main page and search for what you want it seems to work - I ordered and got a confirmation e-mail doing it this way.

Great deals. Already own Dark Souls and own the digital version of Oblivion + Add-on's and have all the achievements in Fallout 3 + addons.

Wouldn't mind owning the physical copies of oblivion and fallout 3 though... but I can't justify it.

thanks finally bought the GOTY of fallout 3 i have the vanilla version for PS3, but i've been waiting for a low price to justify the bugs i may encounter for the GOTY edition hopefully it runs okay.

this is such a good deal for fallout 3. the question is, will i ever go back to it if it's sitting in my backlog along with like 20 other games? (ive beaten it before, but have not played any of the dlc)

Question. Is Oblivion & Fallout 3 stable on PS3? Just asking because I've dominated these games and got all the achievements but enjoyed them so much I wouldn't mind playing through them again on PS3 for some trophies, I could play Fallout 3 over and over.

Just asking because of the whole Skyrim issues on PS3.

Thanks OP -- picked up Fallout and Oblivion for my dad for Xmas. Originally snagged the Amazon 2 pack, but they were vanilla copies (I'll return that!).

[quote name='Komentra']Question. Is Oblivion & Fallout 3 stable on PS3? Just asking because I've dominated these games and got all the achievements but enjoyed them so much I wouldn't mind playing through them again on PS3 for some trophies, I could play Fallout 3 over and over.

Just asking because of the whole Skyrim issues on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Oblivion is fine since an outside developer optimized it for :ps3:. See my signature for Digital Foundry's verdict on Fallout 3 though.

[quote name='Bosamba']Oblivion is fine since an outside developer optimized it for :ps3:. See my signature for Digital Foundry's verdict on Fallout 3 though.[/QUOTE]

Don't see a signature.

[quote name='Komentra']Don't see a signature.[/QUOTE]

Sigs only show in the first post made by that person, so you have to scroll up a bit.

[quote name='barrit']Sigs only show in the first post made by that person, so you have to scroll up a bit.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that. Thanks.

i bit on fallout and oblivion ive played a couple minutes of oblivion and 0 minutes of fallout and have been waiting for this is exact scenario

man im going to be broke by black friday w newegg and gamefly

[quote name='cjenvy']i bit on fallout and oblivion ive played a couple minutes of oblivion and 0 minutes of fallout and have been waiting for this is exact scenario

man im going to be broke by black friday w newegg and gamefly[/QUOTE]

Never played Fallout? Oh man you're in for a blast.

[quote name='Komentra']Never played Fallout? Oh man you're in for a blast.[/QUOTE]

yeah i got in on 360 a little late in the cycle and had decided then that i wouldnt buy rpg's until all dlc is available or a goty was released with dlc

Nice deals. Been years since I've played Fallout 3, and I never got a chance to play the DLC. Picked up XB360 edition.

I wanted the PS3 edition, but heard the PS3 GOTY is buggy as hell. Can anyone confirm if its been fixed or not?

[quote name='marineal']If only Dark Souls were $10... :([/QUOTE]

Same here. I'd do $15 for all DLC included, but that doesn't exist as a US version (yet hopefully).

So glad NewEgg matched Amazon's price on Oblivion, didn't wanna buy anything extra just for the free shipping. Played it back before my 360 was stolen, but never played any of the add-ons. Bought it mainly for collection purposes but who knows, maybe I'll get around to playing it again sometime and get my first chance at playing the DLC.

[quote name='henryVIII']Nice deals. Been years since I've played Fallout 3, and I never got a chance to play the DLC. Picked up XB360 edition.

I wanted the PS3 edition, but heard the PS3 GOTY is buggy as hell. Can anyone confirm if its been fixed or not?[/QUOTE]

I played the PS3 version well over 150 hours, and I think I had to restart my console maybe 3-4 times because of freezes. All in all it wasn't that bad, and didn't take away from my enjoyment. Probably my favorite game of all time. Just save often as always in these huge rpgs

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Trying to decide on Oblvion GOTY for PC or PS3.

Will PC at max settings look a lot better than the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Especially with mods, assuming your computer can handle them.

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']has fallout 3(pc) been lower then that?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've seen it for $5 at least twice recently. Once during the summer sale in July and once since then. $10 is still a good deal because it's undoubtedly one of the best games of all time (my personal favorite game I've ever played, by far, so I'm biased as hell). But if you're not planning on playing it really soon, you wouldn't hurt to hold out.

Did that $5 price include all of the DLC, though?

Fallout 3 is one of those games that I'm always tempted to get back into, but can never seem to make much progress in before it goes back in the pile. I think it's the desire to use VATS, only to run out of AP and have to hide around a corner during every fight.

PS: Does the DLC for Fallout install like Borderlands GOTY or do you need to have the GOTY disc to play? Because I have a vanilla copy of Fallout 3 still.

[quote name='roedaniel19']I played the PS3 version well over 150 hours, and I think I had to restart my console maybe 3-4 times because of freezes. All in all it wasn't that bad, and didn't take away from my enjoyment. Probably my favorite game of all time. Just save often as always in these huge rpgs[/QUOTE]

You're the only person in existence that didn't have many Fallout 3 problems then. :lol:

You're positive that you played the GOTY version? Not just vanilla? The vanilla stuff was generally fine, although still better on the 360, but the DLC was horrible with framerates dropping to unacceptable levels, even for two friends of mine who are the biggest Playstation fanboys/apologists this side of the Mississippi. One friend's PS3 died because of Fallout 3 -Point Lookout. It literally burned out something inside the PS3 (the CPU or something?).

Anyhow, it's my favorite game ever, but I wouldn't put even a free copy in my PS3. And no, definitely not a PS3 hater or 360 or PC fanboy. I own PS3, 360, and Wii, and have loads of games on Steam/PC (the Steam summer sale converted me to a PC gamer). I don't have loyalty to any one console. I'll get games based on which console they work better for (using Eurogamer and LensOfTruth for research), or PC for the cheapest price.

Highly considering ordering a 360 copy so I can give away my used copy. Yeah, I think I will.

I played the PS3 GOTY version and all the DLC, and didn't have any major problems. Sure,the framerate drops at times and you get a hard freeze every so often, but it's not a total mess like New Vegas.

[quote name='Not Eric']Did that $5 price include all of the DLC, though?

Fallout 3 is one of those games that I'm always tempted to get back into, but can never seem to make much progress in before it goes back in the pile. I think it's the desire to use VATS, only to run out of AP and have to hide around a corner during every fight.

PS: Does the DLC for Fallout install like Borderlands GOTY or do you need to have the GOTY disc to play? Because I have a vanilla copy of Fallout 3 still.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was the Fallout 3 GOTY edition I saw for $5 at least twice since July.

[quote name='Steam Email I received']
This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase History online at any time.

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
4.99 USD

Subtotal
4.99 USD
Tax
0.00 USD

Total
4.99 USD

Payment Info

PayPal
4.99 USD
Confirmation Number
1333xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date Confirmed
Mon Jul 23 01:04:21 2012
[/QUOTE]

Can't confirm about DLC install process, as I bought on PC through Steam all at once, so IDK. On the 360 you only needed the vanilla disc once you installed the GOTY disc to the hard drive.

Dark Souls for 15.....ooooo I wanna get it, but at the same time I dont like to die a lot as I'm a little impatient. Guess I'll have to pass.

[quote name='pwnthee']You're the only person in existence that didn't have many Fallout 3 problems then. :lol:

You're positive that you played the GOTY version? Not just vanilla? The vanilla stuff was generally fine, although still better on the 360, but the DLC was horrible with framerates dropping to unacceptable levels, even for two friends of mine who are the biggest Playstation fanboys/apologists this side of the Mississippi. One friend's PS3 died because of Fallout 3 -Point Lookout. It literally burned out something inside the PS3 (the CPU or something?).

[/QUOTE]

Not saying I didn't have many problems, just none that were terrible enough to really put a damper on my experience. And yes, I'm positive it's the GOTY edition, I traded my vanilla copy towards it bc I didn't have an internet connection at the time.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Not saying I didn't have many problems, just none that were terrible enough to really put a damper on my experience. And yes, I'm positive it's the GOTY edition, I traded my vanilla copy towards it bc I didn't have an internet connection at the time.[/QUOTE]

Cool, wasn't calling you a liar or anything. But up to this point, you were the first person I'd personally seen that didn't have crippling problems on that console with that game. I mean, don't get me wrong, I did enjoy 80 hours on my PS3 version before I gave up. I was at level 16, but had only recently...err...finished the first major decision/plot point outside the vault. I'll just say it was EXPLOSIVE. ;)

I did LOTS of exploring before I got to the main missions.

Oh I did want to point out that this is also $10 used at Best Buy and they've got their Buy 2 Get 1 sale, so if you can find two more games for $10 or less, it'd be $30 or less for 3 games. -10% if you've got Gamer's Club Unlocked. I'm tempted to do that because I've been wanting to pick up that Watchmen game. Just wish I knew if the PS3 or 360 version of the Watchmen game is better, or if I should just wait for a Steam sale. I know it's not a great game, but I liked the demo and just ordered the Blu-Ray ultimate cut + graphic novel.

[quote name='pwnthee']Cool, wasn't calling you a liar or anything. But up to this point, you were the first person I'd personally seen that didn't have crippling problems on that console with that game. I mean, don't get me wrong, I did enjoy 80 hours on my PS3 version before I gave up. I was at level 16, but had only recently...err...finished the first major decision/plot point outside the vault. I'll just say it was EXPLOSIVE. ;)

I did LOTS of exploring before I got to the main missions.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I played both scenarios, my favorite was still the, uh, non-explosive decision. But also, in an awesome game such as this especially, I am a little more forgiving of bugs and such as others may be. Still had no problems whatsoever finishing and enjoying the GOTY edition, and at $10 it's one of the best gaming deals available.

Thanks OP. Got Fallout 3 finally for Xbox 360. Also, might as well finally check out Gears of War 2 for $7.99 (Amazon).

Oops: will leave here as it was apparently inspiration for Amazon price-matching

I am tempted to try out Fallout 3 finally. Held off because scared by glitch reports (also why have yet to play Skyrim) on the PS3. $10 and roll the dice here...

[quote name='ck76']I am tempted to try out Fallout 3 finally. Held off because scared by glitch reports (also why have yet to play Skyrim) on the PS3. $10 and roll the dice here...[/QUOTE]

Just save often, and you'll be fine. My main problem was that I'd get so sucked into the game that I'd forget to save as often as I should. Which I guess is both good and bad. Still, if you can look past a few glitches, you won't regret it.

$15 used to be my biting price for Dark Soul until I heard some have found it in target clearance for sub $10. I wonder if I should give up hope now :bomb:

BUY Fallout 3, best game this generation IMO which is correct. I'm rebuying to have the DLC on a disc, bought it all off XBL.

I didn't get hooked by Oblivion and have the vanilla. That $10 for EVERYTHING is damn tempting when I can sell the vanilla like i'm doing with my vanilla fallout.

EDIT: Same price at Amazon, glad I didn't submit my order yet at Newegg. I have a pile of Amazon credit so I added $11.40 Otomedius Excellent for free shipping.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Just save often, and you'll be fine. My main problem was that I'd get so sucked into the game that I'd forget to save as often as I should. Which I guess is both good and bad. Still, if you can look past a few glitches, you won't regret it.[/QUOTE]

The big one that would be a deal breaker would be loss of all data. I can handle mild headaches, but a "Walking Dead" (twice!) data loss glitch really bugs me.

bread's done
Back