Wii U universal remote features

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ebucel

ebucel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Will it be like a harmony/logitec remote I hope so.

#2 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

Considering that the Wii U isn't going to play DVDs, I honestly don't care very much about getting a universal remote for it. While I understand that they are trying to integrate a lot more streaming media services with the Wii U, I still use DVDs/Blu-Rays for a lot of my video needs. A universal remote is not a high priority for me.

#3 ebucel

ebucel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

I agree but a harmony like control would be awesome..

click watch dvd.

then wii u controller turns on your tv, dvd player, tuner, switches tuner to dvd audio selector, switches the tv to the dvd video selection... and you are ready to go.

#4 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

It might be days before I play any actual games. TVii looks very cool. I've always wanted a Harmony but could never drop the coin for one. Not so for a new Nintendo console. It's a win win lol

#5 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Oh, the Wii U pad itself is going to be able to act as a remote of sorts! I wasn't aware of that. I thought you were talking about a peripheral of some sort!

That's kind of neat. I am going to be interested to see how it works with my Denon surround sound receiver. It is a fairly recent model, and has full HDMI pass-through. If I could use my Wii U Pad to control my receiver that would actually be pretty incredible.

#6 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

I hope it'll replace my remotes. If it works well that feature alone will basically sell me on the console.

#7 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

I'm not really surprised at this feature. I was really surprised that the original Wii could do this, but only in Japan.

Batsugunner.png

#8 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

I hope this works with antenna TV and isn't dependent on cable/satellite/FiOS services.

#9 jedi0077

jedi0077

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

I have a vizio smart tv and directv. If I can have a qwerty on the wii control pad it would be amazing. If it could switch between sbs 3D and back to 2D I will prob pass out.