#931 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Barkley Gaiden is awesome.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#932 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

It's pretty bad that the RPG I am looking forward to the most this year is Barkley 2. Or awesome. Let's go with awesome.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#933 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Be excited for Xillia so that they'll bring the sequel over.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#934 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

I don't even know what that is. It sounds like a Pokemon. Or a STD.
Posted Image

#935 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

It's pretty bad that the RPG I am looking forward to the most this year is Barkley 2. Or awesome. Let's go with awesome.

My anticipation for Barkley 2 is somewhere below Etrian Odyssey IV and Rune Factory 4, and somewhere above Pandora's Tower and Pokemon X/Y. Can't wait!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#936 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

I don't even know what that is. It sounds like a Pokemon. Or a STD.

I wish it was an STD. It would be way easier to contract and bring over the sequel.

Also, it's a Tales game.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#937 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

I have never played a Tales game.
Posted Image

#938 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Vesperia is really good. I haven't been overly impressed by the others.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#939 Action!

Action!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

I need to give Vesperia a shot. I always end up turned off by combat in the Tales games for whatever reason. I feel like I've never really given em a fair shot though.

You guys hear about Crimson Shroud on 3DS? Vagrant Story's one of my favorite games ever, and there's a lot of Ivalice/Lea Monde flare in there.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#940 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

symphonia and vesperia are my tales picks, haven't played abyss though and graces F is sitting on my shelf as i work on ff dimensions and xenoblade. only other tales i've played was phantasia which i'm not too thrilled about.

ff dimensions is really quite entertaining. although it's $20 i have about 40 hours on it. seems like a very clever crossing of ff4/ff5 with after years-type linearity.
Every day's great at your Junes!

#941 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Vesperia and Abyss are my favorites in the series. For JRPGs the stories are good, and some likable characters too.

I always wanted a localization of the Destiny remake.

#942 SinOfHeart

SinOfHeart

Teddie's #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Be excited for Xillia so that they'll bring the sequel over.

I'm SUPER excited for that game, basically skipping out on starting Graces, which I own, since I played through and finished Abyss last year and didn't want to start another Tales game and get burned out on them before Xillia came out.

My anticipation for Barkley 2 is somewhere below Etrian Odyssey IV and Rune Factory 4, and somewhere above Pandora's Tower and Pokemon X/Y. Can't wait!

I still haven't played the original Barkley, but I probably should since I know a lot of people who talk about and love it.

I'm also super hyped about Etrian Odyssey IV, next week can't come quick enough (it will make my two hours of public transit commuting a day during the week a lot more bearable).

Pokemon X/Y are fairly exciting too, but I need to work on finishing up Black before those come out (since I still haven't finished it). The frog starter in X/Y is adorable, although I like the female trainer in Black/White more than the one for X/Y.

662978.pngTeddie_Swimsuit_Sig.jpg
sig.gif

#943 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Pokemon X/Y are fairly exciting too, but I need to work on finishing up Black before those come out (since I still haven't finished it). The frog starter in X/Y is adorable, although I like the female trainer in Black/White more than the one for X/Y.

I haven't even started Black 2 yet and want to start doing some postgame stuff for White before that. X or Y is definitely one of those "won't preorder, but will likely get shortly after launch" games.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#944 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

I need to give Vesperia a shot. I always end up turned off by combat in the Tales games for whatever reason. I feel like I've never really given em a fair shot though.

You guys hear about Crimson Shroud on 3DS? Vagrant Story's one of my favorite games ever, and there's a lot of Ivalice/Lea Monde flare in there.

Prolly gonna get flamed, but I really don't see the love for Vesperia. Played it ~ 2 years ago, and maybe it was how hyped it was, but I thought it very meh. Actually preferred Legendia (pre-personal stories) to Vesperia... :-#

But yeah it's clear Crimson Shroud was made by the guy in charge of creating Ivalice. Definitely something I'll pick up eventually.

I always wanted a localization of the Destiny remake.

I'm still hoping for a good fan translation. looks. so. good.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#945 SinOfHeart

SinOfHeart

Teddie's #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

I haven't even started Black 2 yet and want to start doing some postgame stuff for White before that. X or Y is definitely one of those "won't preorder, but will likely get shortly after launch" games.

Yeah I'm probably just going to end up skipping over the Black/White 2 games, finishing Black before X/Y comes out is enough of a goal, although I might start playing Black on my lengthy commute along with Etrian Odyssey IV so I could end up getting through it in a decent amount of time. I need to get back to Radiant Historia too since I was really enjoying that game but took a bit of a break from it and haven't managed to get back to it yet.

sig.gif

#946 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

when i think about vesperia, i think that it was just a very solid game with likeable characters. it's nothing special or innovative, so if you're looking for those you won't find it in vesperia.

#947 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

I'm 12 hours into ME2. Doing a lot of side quests, just getting a feel for things. This game is making me feel old, because I hate the cinematic dialog -- it should be paced by how fast I can read, not how fast some voice actor can spit out a line.

Also, why do they insist on bullshitting me with the "coolant clips" instead of just calling it "ammo"? They remarked in the codex or somewhere that the clips are universal -- if that's the case, why can't I share them between weapons? It's because they're bullshitting me. Just call it ammo because it *is* ammo.

I'm doing a lot of guessing on upgrades. Considering googling them against my better judgement. I'm having a tough time figuring out in-game what weapons do what. Not a lot of numbers provided, unless I'm missing something.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#948 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

ME2 doesn't have any mutually exclusive upgrades, does it? The only real sticking point in that game was money, as I recall, and even that was largely alleviated with DLC.

Posted Image

#949 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

I'm running out of DS RPGs to play. I've very nearly played them all. Should be able to knock them out by the end of the year. What a run. Almost 10 years.

Ones left:
Devil Survivor 2 (which I just started. man, they really phoned in this one)
Dragon Quest 4 through 6
DQM Joker 2

I've even played My World My Way, from beginning to end. WHY DID I DO THAT.

#950 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

Beat Ys II today. It's still the better of the first two Ys games. The Chronicles+ versions of both were great overall; in particular, I loved the new musical arrangements, and think they outdo the Turbo CD versions that I'd been used to. Might be the best version of the Ys I & II OST yet.

Comparison: Turbo CD...

...vs. Chronicles.

I'm running out of DS RPGs to play. I've very nearly played them all. Should be able to knock them out by the end of the year. What a run. Almost 10 years.

I still have a ton in my backlog. Should be finally done with the PS2 ones by the end of the year, though.

Anyway, the DS is definitely (has definitely been?) an amazing system, especially for RPGs. The 3DS looks like it'll be just as good, too.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#951 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

whee i beat final fantasy dimensions. omg i beat a game. it feels like forever since that happened.

soundtrack is pretty nifty too:

or if you like the 8-bit version

#952 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Huh, nice. Kind of has a classic Final Fantasy feel.

Meanwhile, looks like I'm getting release day delivery for Etrian Odyssey IV :hot: I really need to get that 3DS soon!
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#953 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

I'm still hoping for a good fan translation. looks. so. good.

It is so much better than the original. Played through it and it would be great if they somehow released it here. Fat chance of that happening, but eating ones words is always nice in this occasion.

#954 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

I was going to buy a PS3, but I have to get work done on my car, so I am probably going to opt to get a 3DS instead. What are the must-have JRPGs for the 3DS?
Posted Image

#955 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Buy Fire Emblem and then give me your 3DS and also Fire Emblem.

Posted Image

#956 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Seconded.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#957 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

To nobody's surprise, the Planescape Torment pseudosequel is using j-cart's favourite engine...

Posted Image

#958 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

EA's Infinity Engine?

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#959 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Also, you spelled favorite wrong.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#960 SinOfHeart

SinOfHeart

Teddie's #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Meanwhile, looks like I'm getting release day delivery for Etrian Odyssey IV :hot: I really need to get that 3DS soon!

Mine isn't estimated to arrive until Wednesday :cry:. I was hoping to get a good start on it this week. I think mine isn't coming as fast (since originally they were saying I should get it on the release day) because I ordered Fire Emblem with it and Amazon is finally going to ship it to me along with EOIV, so I'm guessing they didn't have a copy of that locally which is why they are shipping it from Tennessee. I guess if I have to tide myself over I can just screw around in the demo some more since I'll be able to transfer the save (although I already got to where the demo ends, but I haven't hit the level cap yet).

sig.gif