• Please log in to reply
1502 replies to this topic

#1471 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

http://titanfocus.in...13-and-more-r65

So technically, this would be Blizzard's first new game IP in a long time...

#1472 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Ahaha eSports MMO that's fucking rich. I mean, it's just rumours at this point, but I could totally see Blizzard throwing money away on something like that.

Posted Image

#1473 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

They already throw a lot of money at WoW Arena, and that gets a pretty decent turnout in attendance and on streams, though they only have a few events a year for it compared to other tournaments in other games. So, why not?

However, from that article (if any fraction of it is true), it sounds interesting. I doubt I'd stop playing WoW for it, though.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1474 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

http://titanfocus.in...13-and-more-r65

So technically, this would be Blizzard's first new game IP in a long time...

They've been saying that Titan's something completely new for awhile now, but it's nice to see the rumor mill confirming it.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#1475 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Hey, if they can make MMORPG combat that is actually watchable, more power to 'em. I mean, I'm skeptical as hell, but at least they're finally experimenting with the whole "How do we run a tournament that isn't bad?" thing with SC2 now.

Also, I really feel like panzerfaust should be in here ranting about Jay Wilson, as I believe all people who have ever played Diablo 3 are legally bound to do.

Posted Image

#1476 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

They've been saying that Titan's something completely new for awhile now, but it's nice to see the rumor mill confirming it.

But I don't read the rumors at that link that way. It sounds a lot like WoW. MMORPG, 3rd person, Tab targeting, in-world AH, "Blizzard style" graphics. It's getting a new engine and other new bullshit (lore), but I don't see how these rumors give the impression that it's completely new.

If Jay Wilson is the guy who stuck to his guns on D3 and told the "loser" D2 devs and fans to piss off, then I can't imagine he's going to bring a lot to the creation of a completely new experience.

Good luck with it, Blizz.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1477 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Well got back into Bordercrack 2. I know it isn't a real RPG but whatever I just bought the season pass.

I been wanting to start Ertian Odyssey IV for some time now but I was kinda forced into Luigi's Mansion (because of friends wanting to co-op). I might switch to Ertian Odyssey IV as my go to 3DS game if Luigi's Mansion doesn't need to have all the upgrades to do co-op and just co-op when they want to.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1478 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I finally got around to taking FFXIII-2 out of the plastic. I've had it since release, but it just sat there since I was playing SWTOR & WoW for a while. After playing Ni No Kuni, I've been back into the console RPG groove.

Anyway, I'm in the minority that I loved FFXIII. It wasn't perfect, it was linear, but I loved the combat with the Paradigm Shifts. I'm having a really hard time getting into FFXIII-2 so far. I've played it for about 2 & 1/2 hours and I just can't get into it much. Does it get better?

Serah whining about Lightning all of the time reminds me of Hope whining about his mom. I like that they still have the Paradigm Shifts, but I'm not too crazy about the animal-link stuff. I'd rather have normal party members than the Pokemon tack-on.

I have both sitting in plastic waiting for me to play it. I have played all the FF games (even the imports) and have kept putting these off because of the general consensus of it being mediocre.

I was extremely stoked that Square decided to milk the cash cow and release the old RPGs on mobile devices. Own quite a few of my favorites including the pinnacle of RPGs in my mind, Chrono Trigger. Probably due to a mix of nostalgia, memories and the game being amazing.

On a side note anyone play Dimensions yet for mobile gaming? It's supposed to be a new, old-school FF game.

#1479 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

But I don't read the rumors at that link that way. It sounds a lot like WoW. MMORPG, 3rd person, Tab targeting, in-world AH, "Blizzard style" graphics. It's getting a new engine and other new bullshit (lore), but I don't see how these rumors give the impression that it's completely new.

Well, it seems to be a completely new universe (world, lore, whatever you want to call it), which is what I meant. That they're doing something that isn't set in the worlds of WarCraft, StarCraft, or Diablo for the first time in many years is pretty significant.

As for the other stuff, it's always been obvious that they weren't going to stray far from the Blizzard house style and/or the types of games they know how to make... we are talking about Blizzard here, after all.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#1480 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

How many minutes into the first cutscene do you think they will go before using the word "corruption"?

Posted Image

#1481 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Minutes? I give it 25 seconds.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#1482 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Animation!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Is2T5ue5d8

27 hours to go. $3.68 million raised on Kickstarter so far, and another $90,000 raised via PayPal. Passing Project Eternity is pretty much inevitable.

Posted Image

#1483 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Guys, at 1500 let's make a new thread.

Not it.

#1484 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#1485 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

Guys, at 1500 let's make a new thread.

Not it.

http://www.cheapassg...line=1364861178

#1486 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

OH SNAP!

That was some Men in Black type mind trip there...

#1487 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

Guys, don't let Jake Heart make the new thread.

He make it about some MMO that nobody plays anymore.

#1488 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

People still play MMOs?

#1489 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

People still play MMOs?

You know it!

We da hardcore gamers that hardcore gamerz are all like "dem guyz are too hardcore. lets bash them for being hardcore addicts".

#1490 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:04 AM

Started Etrian Odyssey IV. Didn't put any real time on it, just booted up the game and did the first quest. I have to applaud the game for having little to no tutorial. I mean the tutorial it gives is for features that I need to know, and it does it with simple pictures.

I am getting tired of these big long tutorials in games. I already know how to move, I don't need to be reminded of it :lol: through long sequences. Anyway EO IV is an awesome game.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#1491 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

Can I make the thread? It's been awhile :razz:
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#1492 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

I thought you made the one before this?

Either way, go for it. I'm predicting... Harvest Moon themed? Yeah, that's my prediction. Harvest Moon is sweet-ass.

Posted Image

#1493 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

Either way, go for it. I'm predicting... Harvest Moon themed? Yeah, that's my prediction. Harvest Moon is sweet-ass.

As long as you don't try to Canada everybody and make it MMO themed.

#1494 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

Hey, what? Why is Canada synonymous with MMOs now?

Posted Image

#1495 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Should be SMT4 themed.

#1496 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

Hey, what? Why is Canada synonymous with MMOs now?

No, no. Canada is synonymous with trickery.

Also Bioware.

Should be SMT4 themed.

I see what you're doing. Stop trying to turn this into a 3DS thread.

Canadian.

#1497 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

Nope, not me; I think that was you, actually. As for the theme... http://www.cheapassg....php?p=10639459

Edited by blueshinra, 05 April 2013 - 04:44 AM.
for clarity

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

#1498 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

The Bioware that released The Old Republic was the studio in Texas, though. We are not responsible for any MMORPGs to my knowledge.

EDIT: I thought you did one between this one and mine, though. Guess not.

Posted Image

#1499 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

Torment, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, gonna be a busy year. No way I'll find time to play all those in depth. Which one is everyone most excited for?

#1500 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Oh God, two RPG threads simulatneously. Someone ban this sick filth.

Also, in order from least to most: Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, Torment, and at the top, Project Eternity. I only contributed to Torment and Eternity, though my Torment donation got me a copy of Wasteland 2, as well. The actual operating budget for Wasteland 2 is, like, half that of Torment.

Posted Image