CAG Car Thread!

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#241 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

you guys are car enthusiasts. I just want to be comfortable and not die.

:rofl:

fs_overall.pngiZSbQwp.gif

#242 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

:rofl:

LOLZ...I can't wait to post this on the ft86 forum. There's this one douchebag that always bitches about people financing. :rofl:
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#243 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:42 AM

between, the price of car stuff and guns, I'm going back to video game mode. Catching up on backlog instead of track days.

It's amazing how much value you get for your time with games ;)

you guys are car enthusiasts. I just want to be comfortable and not die.

Not sure of your price range but for people looking for  good commuter car, I recommend the volt. The leasing deals are awesome for these and you get the best of both worlds. Plus you don't have to live with it long term since it's a lease (something i'd be warry of with all hybrids).

It's the complete opposite of that cadillac ELR. Seriously, I don't care how pretty you made it or lux inside. 75k starting lol. That's more than my V

#244 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

It's amazing how much value you get for your time with games ;)

Word. The way I buy and play games, it costs me like 10 to 15 cents an hour. Now THAT is CHEAP entertainment.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#245 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

oh man, esp with the new D3 patches. The game is so much better. For free :D

#246 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

Might be getting rid of the BRZ and hopping into an 08 IS250 AWD. I just don't think it's a good idea to have that as the only car for a baby hauler. :-(

Told the boss(gf) that if an IS pops up in the package I want before the gf has a job lined up for September, I'm trading in the BRZ. If the gf lands a job, then I'm keeping it. Boss approved. :rofl:

On the brightside, I already have all the mods planned out! :lol: F-Sport sways, F-Sport rear deck lid, F-Sport aluminum pedals, ipod kit, Michelin PSS, and maybe the F-Sport exhaust. With the difference in value, I'll still have a few grand leftover from the trade, even with the mods, to put back into my pocket. I've always loved this car and almost bought one a few years ago. I guess here's my chance?

I really wish Acura/Honda would make a 200-250hp AWD compact sedan cause I'd be ALL over it. AWD is pretty much the only reason why I'm not getting the TSX and the new TLX will be WAY out of my price range.
dohdough.png

#247 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Might be getting rid of the BRZ and hopping into an 08 IS250 AWD. I just don't think it's a good idea to have that as the only car for a baby hauler. :-(

Told the boss(gf) that if an IS pops up in the package I want before the gf has a job lined up for September, I'm trading in the BRZ. If the gf lands a job, then I'm keeping it. Boss approved. :rofl:

On the brightside, I already have all the mods planned out! :lol: F-Sport sways, F-Sport rear deck lid, F-Sport aluminum pedals, ipod kit, Michelin PSS, and maybe the F-Sport exhaust. With the difference in value, I'll still have a few grand leftover from the trade, even with the mods, to put back into my pocket. I've always loved this car and almost bought one a few years ago. I guess here's my chance?

I really wish Acura/Honda would make a 200-250hp AWD compact sedan cause I'd be ALL over it. AWD is pretty much the only reason why I'm not getting the TSX and the new TLX will be WAY out of my price range.

I hear ya bud, that's the reason I had to give up the G. :(  I've always liked the look Lexus, but I've heard they're kind of slow.  Unrelated note, I was thinking of maybe getting a VW GTD in the future if and when it comes here after reading this little comparo on Road and Track:

http://www.roadandtr...streaks-roa0214

The thought of going 150 in a diesel GTI is somewhat hilarious. :)

mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#248 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

Nice dude!  It will be more comfortable, that's for sure.

Don't sell it before we meet up though, I want to see that beast in person :)

#249 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

I hear ya bud, that's the reason I had to give up the G. :(  I've always liked the look Lexus, but I've heard they're kind of slow.  Unrelated note, I was thinking of maybe getting a VW GTD in the future if and when it comes here after reading this little comparo on Road and Track:

http://www.roadandtr...streaks-roa0214

The thought of going 150 in a diesel GTI is somewhat hilarious. :)

Yeah, the vanilla IS is no hi-revving beast, but in no way can I afford an IS-F...haha. My future B-I-L has an IS and he complains that it's too slow for him. He's more practically minded than I am, so he's going to run it to death before he gets a new car...that and weddings are expensive. :D

I also LOVE the look of the VW GT line. I just can't get past the german engineering nor ergonomics. Due to some bad luck at a gas pump, I'm in a Beetle right now and I'm reminded of why I hated the Jetta I was in. Nothing feels like it's in the right place for me when it comes to the controls and shape of the seat.

Nice dude!  It will be more comfortable, that's for sure.

Don't sell it before we meet up though, I want to see that beast in person :)

For sure! Btw, if you're ever in Woburn, don't go to the Hess station off exit 36 on 93. They sludged my gas tank and told me to screw off. I wasn't a happy camper.

I actually find that the BRZ is the most comfortable car I've been in. I guess I like firm bucket seats with firm lower lumbar support and high bolsters. Can't speak for my passengers though. :rofl:
dohdough.png

#250 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

^^ Thanks for the heads up.  I go by there sometimes and have thought about filling up.  

What about using the mod money for an IS350?

#251 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

^^ Thanks for the heads up.  I go by there sometimes and have thought about filling up.  

What about using the mod money for an IS350?

I'm not convinced that the 350 AWD will drive any different than the 250 AWD per clublexus. AWD is a requirement and I won't really use the power, not to mention preferring to have a better handling car. The BRZ has spoiled me on that front whenever I'm in a worse handling car which is like most of them. :D I also want to stay away from RWD for my next ride because of snow if I can help it...haha.

I actually like the look and overall features of MY 08 the most, but I'm strongly considering getting a 2010 for the USB port alone(it was the first MY they has a USB port...a biggie for me). I figure I can wire up the ipod adapter on the older model since I managed to not screw up the radio install on my old RSX. The swooshes on the headlights and tails just don't do it for me either.

There's still 5 months til the deadline so well see if a black on black IS250 AWD with nav, memory seats, and HID's pop up. If nothing pops up, then I'll probably just get a CPO CT200h. It really saddens me to even think about getting rid of the BRZ...it just fits like a glove...haha.
dohdough.png

#252 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Keep the BRZ. Babies don't take up much space. ;)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#253 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

ugh California.

So I decide to drive my Wagon to work for fun. Get a fix it ticket for tint on the front and passenger side window -_-

Annoying......

at least it wasn't a speeding violation. I only got warning for speed. So I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm convinced he knew he couldn't prove I was going fast. Otherwise I'm sure I would've gotten it. Quotas and end of the month and all.

#254 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:56 AM

would you guys go low end impreza or honda civic ex?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#255 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

would you guys go low end impreza or honda civic ex?

Depends on how important that extra 10hp is on the Impreza.

Curveball: how about a gently used CR-Z? Around here, you could get one for like $12-14K with under 20k miles.

<insert video that encendido5 posted :lol:>
dohdough.png

#256 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

Only gently used I would buy is a bmw and I am not ready for that. :)

I was thinking maybe the Fit too but that car isn't as safe. The 2015 looks great though.

Ees7Y.jpg

#257 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Man I thought the two tiered Civic dashboard was weird but that mazda 3 navigation/infotainment system in the middle of the dashboard is just so awful. 

Yeah, I don't get why they did that on the new 3.  The 6 looks so nice.  They should have kept that design.

#258 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

Yeah, I don't get why they did that on the new 3. The 6 looks so nice. They should have kept that design.

I'm assuming it doesn't fold down? If it did, that actually would be kinda cool.

Ees7Y.jpg

#259 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:41 AM

I'm assuming it doesn't fold down? If it did, that actually would be kinda cool.

I haven't actually been in one, so I'm not sure, but I'm assuming no.  I've seen commercials for screens like that though, I think it was on an Audi or Mercedes, and I agree, that would be kind of neat. 

#260 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

For those that were looking into new wiper blades a few months ago, Advance Auto Parts is having a sale that's about 40% off your order. Usually, they don't allow Bosch Icon wipers, but this time they do. Time to stock up on a couple sets everyone!
dohdough.png

#261 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

For those that were looking into new wiper blades a few months ago, Advance Auto Parts is having a sale that's about 40% off your order. Usually, they don't allow Bosch Icon wipers, but this time they do. Time to stock up on a couple sets everyone!

That was me. Thanks for the heads up.

Ees7Y.jpg

#262 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

1378659_10152037318079142_289091717_n.jp

Titanfall collectors edition

Should've bought a wagon bro

#263 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

LOL.  Saw a brz and thought of dohdough.  Those things are beautiful.  I cried a little inside as I sat in my forester.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#264 jms493

jms493

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

New car...picked it up Last Sunday.

14 R/T Charger

13519552103_f9e9fb10f7_h.jpg

13524214393_22077beb4e_h.jpg

#265 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

LOL.  Saw a brz and thought of dohdough.  Those things are beautiful.  I cried a little inside as I sat in my forester.

I picked up my car from the dealer today after getting some work done and they had the new 2015 WRX STi on display. If only I could afford both! :rofl:
dohdough.png

#266 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

I'll take my Forester any day ;)

Ees7Y.jpg

#267 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

I'll take my Forester any day ;)

I was able to use a 2013 Forester for a day a while back and it's a pretty decent handling car. Obviously, it isn't as nimble as the BRZ, but as a daily driver, it's most of the way there. Acceleration is pretty good too and I bet your car can beat mine off the line. :D

Not to mention that you'll have no problem fitting a 70in tv for $400 from Walmart when their system glitches again!
dohdough.png

#268 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

I was able to use a 2013 Forester for a day a while back and it's a pretty decent handling car. Obviously, it isn't as nimble as the BRZ, but as a daily driver, it's most of the way there. Acceleration is pretty good too and I bet your car can beat mine off the line. :D

Not to mention that you'll have no problem fitting a 70in tv for $400 from Walmart when their system glitches again!

It's the only reason I bought it: "what if Walmart glitches again?" I need a car that can handle the rigorous demands of a cag lifestyle.

The trunk of the forester is actually pretty short. I has trouble getting 20 bags of garden soil in it today.

Ees7Y.jpg

#269 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

New car...picked it up Last Sunday.

14 R/T Charger

Looks sweet man! Congrats!

#270 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

Attended the V corral at the Long Beach Grand Prix this weekend. My first outing to a live motorsports event as a spectator. It's amazing how awesome the indycars sound live. Never experienced that before.

Anyway, I've never seen so many V's or V wagons in my life (8+) in one place.

IMG_20140413_130248.jpg

And as a bonus Cadillac dominated the World Challenge.

IMG_20140413_164217.jpg
IMG_20140413_105104.jpg
IMG_20140413_103823.jpg
IMG_20140413_103149.jpg