The World Ends With You (DS) $19.99 at Amazon

lilseung

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
This game is kind of hard to find for a decent price these days and Amazon will have them in stock for $19.99 on November 11th. I have heard great things about this game so I ordered one myself. Its $5 short from FS though :cry:

http://www.amazon.com/The-World-End...52589&sr=8-1&keywords=The+World+Ends+With+You

Edit: I guess this isn't real a deal since this is the MSRP. But it should to be good for those who don't want to overpay due to its limited availability.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='immanewb']Erm.. don't mean to burst your bubble, but $20 is pretty much the MSRP for this game right now (since around July of 2009). Not to mention it has been on sale for around $15 or less many times (http://camelcamelcamel.com/The-World-Ends-With-Nintendo-DS/product/B00136MBHA).

Thanks for trying, though. =)[/QUOTE]

Oh, I've been trying to get the game only recently and have had some hard time finding it for a decent price. Almost bought a copy for $30+ for a used copy on Ebay so I got pretty excited when I saw it for 20 lol. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilseung']Oh, I've been trying to get the game only recently and have had some time finding it for a decent price. Almost bought a copy for $30+ for a used copy on Ebay so I got pretty excited when I saw it for 20 lol. My bad.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, this game has been out of stock for a while on Amazon, and they had problems with the last shipment they were supposed to receive, resulting in some canceled orders. My order was one of those affected, so I appreciate the update. While $19.99 is the MSRP, Amazon is really the only place you can still purchase it new, and whenever it goes out of stock, the other sellers always mark up their prices. The lowest price before the most recent restock was in the range of $80, so there is decent demand for the title still. Square doesn't even sell the game on their own website anymore, and they had been for the better part of the last year. I had been waiting for a sale for a long time, but with only 400-ish copies available (versus the 1000+ for Dragon Quest V and the restock of Kingdom Hearts: BBS), I'll happily take MSRP for this one to save me the trouble of constantly watching it.

In short, thanks OP for the news!

Thanks op! I've been trying to get this game the last couple months and my last order got cancelled.

[quote name='immanewb']Erm.. don't mean to burst your bubble, but $20 is pretty much the MSRP for this game right now (since around July of 2009). Not to mention it has been on sale for around $15 or less many times (http://camelcamelcamel.com/The-World-Ends-With-Nintendo-DS/product/B00136MBHA).

Thanks for trying, though. =)[/QUOTE]

You don't know what you're talking about, this game has been out of stock everywhere for 2-3 months, this is a deal

I keep putting this in my cart and taking it out... my backlog is pretty long still but I've heard great things. The issue is will i get to it before I'm through with playing DS games. At this point I'm going to say no... which makes me sad.

Thanks OP, it seems they have some now unless the page is mistaken, but I've been wanting this and it seems a "deal" price is unlikely at this point.

[quote name='Woocls']I keep putting this in my cart and taking it out... my backlog is pretty long still but I've heard great things. The issue is will i get to it before I'm through with playing DS games. At this point I'm going to say no... which makes me sad.[/QUOTE]

This is one of the best DS games, without question. It's was well worth its original retail price.

[quote name='carl7117']what is so good about this game? i tried playing it but i couldnt get into it[/QUOTE]

I wish I knew. The main character is one of the worst, most unlikeable characters in any video game, movie, or book I've ever played/seen/read.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']My order says shipping soon so that is good. Also MrBoss how do you know how much they have in stock?[/QUOTE]

Change the quantity in your cart to 999 and you'll see how much they have in stock.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']And it went for $10 last year around black friday[/QUOTE]

Last year? Don't you mean in '09 when it was part of the lightning deal and deal of the day?

bread's done
Back