Target Black Friday ad

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic

#61 Solder

Solder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

MSP cards would make awesome stocking stuffers.

I hope the limit is like 3 of them. Enough to make you want to go out and get them, but not let 1 person just buy them all and then try and flip them on craigslist for 12 bucks a piece.

#62 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

MSP cards would make awesome stocking stuffers.

I hope the limit is like 3 of them. Enough to make you want to go out and get them, but not let 1 person just buy them all and then try and flip them on craigslist for 12 bucks a piece.

lol at CL. If you're smart you know where to get retail price for them (its not hard to find).

#63 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Thank god for having a red card.

15- 1600 MSP points. $150.

Winning!!!!

LOL

Yeah good luck getting 15. You'd be lucky if there is 10 per store and that people won't beat you to them.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#64 dominator

dominator

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

If you plan on doing this I highly advise you to get your cards from another store. (IE Bestbuy, Walmart, Walgreens) just take the cards as they have no value and take them to the target you are planning on getting the points from. I only suggest this cause that's a lot of cards you will be taking away from others at that specific store.

Yes I know its kind of a grey area, but I have been told by fastcard in the past that this is what you should do if you come across no stock at another store.

This is legal?

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#65 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

i really hate these Xbox 360 Kinect bundles.
I have a Kinect. Just want a new 360 to replace my phat.

Too bad Walmart didn't bring back the $200 Kinect bundle with $50 gift card. That Kinect has been looking interesting. Oh well. Maybe I'll snag an $89 Wii!:)

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#66 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

This is legal?

Yes cause the cards are not owned by the store. Fastcard the company that makes many of these giftcard's leases the space for their cards to be in the stores.

#67 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

The controller "doorbuster" for $39 almost seems like a mistake. I can get a 360 controller right now cheaper on amazon, and a Dual Shock 3 for a couple bucks more. And to have a controller as a doorbuster is just odd even if it was a better price.

#68 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Yes cause the cards are not owned by the store. Fastcard the company that makes many of these giftcard's leases the space for their cards to be in the stores.

These aren't Fastcards. These are Microsoft cards that are specifically provided to that store. What you are suggesting is called shoplifting and fraud.

#69 Gore

Gore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Target opens @ 9pm this year? I'll be @ walmart during that time. Oh well.

My walmart has not and will not PM bf ads. Lucky for those that do pm @ walmart.

#70 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

But wouldn't walking in and leaving, mean stealing?

Technically its not stealing, as the cards have no value. It truly is a grey zone. The more unfortunate thing is that some stores don't understand this. They also aren't informed enough to know that they don't even own the cards.

This only applies to the Fastcards that are near the music section and the point/live/psn cards. Target has their own cards so don't get those confused.

#71 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Target = fail ! The only thing im expecting pretty good from toys r us is the usual b1g1 for 5$ on 59.99 games and mabye a solid vita/3ds deal. As for gamestop and amazon we will see
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#72 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

I'll easily buy 5 1600 point cards

#73 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'll easily buy 5 1600 point cards

Good luck my friend, I'm hoarding all of em right when I bust that door ;)

#74 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Technically its not stealing, as the cards have no value. It truly is a grey zone. The more unfortunate thing is that some stores don't understand this. They also aren't informed enough to know that they don't even own the cards.

This only applies to the Fastcards that are near the music section and the point/live/psn cards. Target has their own cards so don't get those confused.

Lmfao. I guess you are to explain all of this to a store manager and have them confirm it BEFORE you walk out with the card/s.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#75 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Like everybody else, I'd like to get in on those 1600 MSPs for $10. If you can buy more than one I will buy whatever the limit is. If there are any left.....

#76 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

In for a Baker's Dozen of MSP

xivpads.png

#77 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Lmfao. I guess you are to explain all of this to a store manager and have them confirm it BEFORE you walk out with the card/s.

Yes that would probably be best.

I only brought this up due to the fact I can see already that a lot of people already are plotting to buy a lot of them. I know target does not keep a large quantity on hand at any given time.

#78 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Surprised that no one is doing a 3DS XL sale/bundle.

#79 Sli1990

Sli1990

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

So 9pm tonight?

#80 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

You guys think if they do run out of MSP, they could just print out the codes on the receipt like best buy did last year with their Xbox live cards?

#81 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Can we get off the morality conversation, please?
People will do as they please, and it's just clutter.
Disappointing ad, but so far I've not seen anything from any retailer that points to amazing deals anywhere to be found.

#82 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Disappointing ad, but so far I've not seen anything from any retailer that points to amazing deals anywhere to be found.

Not even wallmarts deals ?
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#83 bzchanboy

bzchanboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Presidential years are always disappointing years. That much has been true at least for the last 12 years I've been into BF ads. This year is no surprise, walmart seems to be the only active retailer with any good specials.

Targets ad also suffers from their BF formula, which is getting stale. Last 3 years have seen pretty much the same exact products and manufactures.

#84 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Easy to put people on ignore. CLICK. See!:)

#85 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Target seems like a good place to price match video games on BF, plus the discount from the Redcard will almost negate tax.

Edit: Could've swore Target was PMing BF deals. Going to be a lot of pissy customers (More so than usual) if that's the case, because a ton of people have the assumption that they are price matching BF deals. Oh boy.

They were not excluding black Friday when they first announced their price matching. However 1-2 weeks later they added it in... They must of forgot or ran the numbers and said Fuck

#86 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Good deal on MSP, if you can get your hands on some.

Also $200 Vita with Lego Batman 2. Tempting...wish the AC Vita bundle was $200 somewhere.

My same thought. I like the one at BB more though. $200 for the COD LE one.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#87 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Did you miss the Walmart ad?

#88 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

*wanders into topic*
*scans ad*
*sees $10 for 1600 MSP*
*plans to buy two, online if possible*
*promptly leaves*

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#89 DontFlipout

DontFlipout

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Does Amazon price match these black Friday deals?

#90 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

and MORE CRAP
WOOOO I STINK