Target Black Friday ad

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
213 replies to this topic

#91 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

If they put them up online I'd be in for 4 or 5 point cards.
Posted Image

#92 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Don't remember where I read it, but Target did make it clear they weren't going to compete on BF or Xmas Holiday sales. It definitely shows with that pathetic ad. They're counting on the sheep that already shop with them to be clueless about going else where. Fuck that and Fuck them.

#93 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

My same thought. I like the one at BB more though. $200 for the COD LE one.

But isn't the 200 COD bundle at best buy going to be gone in the first 30 seconds of Black Friday?

#94 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

the $10 MSP and maybe the $1 dvds, and $35 for Need For Speed & Borderlands 2 are good deals (albeit other stores are offering the same for the games). Overall this is rather pathetic of an ad. Looks like Target will just be a last resort if I can't get anything elsewhere.

#95 nillarilla

nillarilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I was hoping target would have more since Red Card members can buy a day early online... oh well

#96 Kecir12

Kecir12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Don't remember where I read it, but Target did make it clear they weren't going to compete on BF or Xmas Holiday sales. It definitely shows with that pathetic ad. They're counting on the sheep that already shop with them to be clueless about going else where. Fuck that and Fuck them.

Lol you're awfully angry at Target for not contributing to the black Friday stupidity. More retailers should go this route. Would keep these companies from trying to steal Thanksgiving from their employees. Either way, more power to the people who embrace and brave this madness. Amazon is the only place I shop on black Friday.

#97 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

well, in for a $10 microsoft points, if they have any left

#98 slugboss

slugboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Kind of looks like it says 1500 points, would be sad to go through all the work of technically not stealing to find out that it's the wrong sku.

#99 nedstark

nedstark

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

$10 for 1600msp? NICE!

is this only in store and door buster that would suck :( I cant wait in line lol

#100 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

what time do sales start online if you can indeed buy the ms points online.

also...would walmart really pricematch target's ad on bf?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#101 MXRider

MXRider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

what time do sales start online if you can indeed buy the ms points online.

also...would walmart really pricematch target's ad on bf?

Yes ive done it with Kmart and Target ads in the past.

#102 nedstark

nedstark

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

wtf all those are doorbuster ... well I cant stand in line for the 20$ gift card from halo 4 , Creed 3 lol looks like I will luck out well Bestbuy has same price Ill get it form there I guess

#103 bullseye

bullseye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

1600 point cards are also kept at some checkouts at my target so keep an eye out there cause people might not notice them there.

#104 actripxl

actripxl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

You might get lucky with the MSP's (hoarding cards) but from our store we sent a memo out to get distributed that these should be limited, recommendation is 2 but what who know what corporate does in the end.

51446.png

Can't wait for the next Uncharted and Halo on my next-gen systems!

#105 io

io

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

I was hoping target would have more since Red Card members can buy a day early online... oh well

Really? Nice, then since I can get LBP Karting there instead of trying to go to the madhouse that is Walmart.

Or even better I hope Amazon matches a lot of these deals and I can stay home entirely ;).

#106 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

But isn't the 200 COD bundle at best buy going to be gone in the first 30 seconds of Black Friday?

I kind of doubt it. It's only $50 off and early previews of the game have been pretty mediocre to negative, so I can't see people storming Best Buy to scoop them up, although anything is possible.

#107 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

I kind of doubt it. It's only $50 off and early previews of the game have been pretty mediocre to negative, so I can't see people storming Best Buy to scoop them up, although anything is possible.

You're thinking like a gamer...

Think like a soccer mom. Hmm $50 off Vita AND you get a one of the biggest name franchises with it. Yeh, it will be gone in seconds.

#108 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

nope, nothing to see here. man this black friday is gonna be easy for me. just kmart for max payne 3, and then some blu ray movies at best buy. i decided not to get games that are $30 namely because i STILL have games sealed from 1-2 black fridays ago, dont needmore backlog. By the time i get to ACIII, it'll be $20 lol

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#109 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:08 AM

You're thinking like a gamer...

Think like a soccer mom. Hmm $50 off Vita AND you get a one of the biggest name franchises with it. Yeh, it will be gone in seconds.

Soccer moms buy stuff for kids and tweens. That's not really the Vita demographic. If it was a WiiU sale, I would say absolutely. I can even see them snatching up cheap 3DS units or Wiis or the bundles with the Skylanders packed in or even the 360 and PS3 bundles, but not a $200 portable that isn't exactly in demand.

#110 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

My wife said Target was pretty calm last year...probably will be even moreso this year with the weaksauce all over the ads.

#111 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

If Walmart matches the print BF ads, then I'll get the 1600 msp from them instead of from Target. Though I don't know if I'll be near one on Friday. Hmm...

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#112 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

If Walmart matches the print BF ads, then I'll get the 1600 msp from them instead of from Target. Though I don't know if I'll be near one on Friday. Hmm...

Walmart matches black friday ads per corporate policy. Any store that doesn't is going against company direction. Last year they even ran television/radio ads stating they will match.

#113 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

Well now my Black Friday plans are up to Amazon, Best Buy, & Walmart. Because Target failed like Amazon did all year.

#114 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

Point cards will be hard to PM since they have to be activated. I can see Walmart giving push back on them.

#115 infini2001

infini2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

Target top management seems to change their market strategy against us, cheapies.
Items on clearance have been getting rarer and rarer this year, final clearance gone from 75% to 70%...
Now, this BF deals, terrible! target seems to focus more on normal price model, not cheap-but-sell-a lot model anymore.

#116 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

opening at 9pm. they can go Fuck themselves.

edit: oooo $2 towels
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#117 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Target top management seems to change their market strategy against us, cheapies.
Items on clearance have been getting rarer and rarer this year, final clearance gone from 75% to 70%...
Now, this BF deals, terrible! target seems to focus more on normal price model, not cheap-but-sell-a lot model anymore.

Pretty much what their CFO said though.

#118 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

I don't think so... but I figure a better chance than Target honestly. Not sure really.... I think BB would have more in stock and more soccer moms at Target.

Edit: Plus I have Lego Batman 2 on the PS3... does that work for cross play... son of a bitch. Going to Target now!

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#119 Schloob

Schloob

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

As long as they don't try and limit them I'll pick up for sure about 5-6 of the points cards. Disappointed they are not price matching this year like they did last year. And mind you with the 3 month cards last year they did not have a limit on those as I picked up 8 of those (PM Best Buy's $7.99) and then on top of that got my red card discount as well.

#120 Randolph4233

Randolph4233

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Toysrus is offering $20 gift card this weekend for any xbox game.

I didn't see this on the website. Is it instore only?

Thanks for the heads up!