Photo
- - - - -

Help with a new TV

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clavical

Clavical

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Didn't really fit any under of the other categories, but I've had this 36" plasma for many many years and I'm looking to upgrade. I'd prefer 40"+, and after looking around and doing a little research, I found this one, that as far as I can tell sounds great.

http://www.bestbuy.c...02#tab=overview

Hoping to get some insight. I couldn't find too many reviews on that model. It's a fairly large purchase when working part time so I want to make sure I'm getting what I need. And this community rules!

Things to note; I log many many hours into my television between movies and video games. I didn't want ghosting, and from what I was reading I wanted a 120 refresh rate or better. I run most everything through a receiver for surround sound, so the lack of HDMI ports on that particular TV didn't seem like a big deal? Not too worried about apps on my TV, xbox covers it :)

Any advice, questions, or comments are all appreciated. As I said, I think for $600, this covers everything I want and will suit me well. Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything. Thanks guys :D

#2 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

You can get a 60" Vizio for $88 more on Black Friday at Wal-mart.

I know that will be a pain to try and get, but right now is possibly the worst time to buy a new TV. BF 2 weeks away and Superbowl or whatnot shortly after that.

For blind looking, I always go to Sam's Club and see what they have. Even if you don't have a membership, you can still browse for the day.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png