Photo
- - - - -

Finding Nemo Preorder Steelbook case at Best Buy!!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 pk24

pk24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

feeling noob-ish. but with ordering it online, how does it work?
Typically when it was a preorder bonus, I used to put the (in this case) movie, along with the case, and it would knock off the price of the case when both were in the cart. When I do that now, it charges both, so how does it work when I want to get the movie? Bring the packing slip in-store and show them that? Order it online, and my bby profile would have a record of it?

I fell in the same Brave hole, and my bby is usually pretty good with having enough. But one day I saw the sign, the next visit a day later, it was gone, and nothing since. don't wanna fall in another hole with nemo here. -__-

#32 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

I don't think the free case incentive is live online yet so you would just be buying the case straight up right now. I don't think it'll be easy to get them to use that purchase towards the movie in store either, but someone else could probably fill you in better about that. The buy the movie, get a free case offer should go online at some point though, just like it did for Brave

Edit; Scratch that, the Free case offer is live with the regular edition here: LINK

Just add that to your cart and the case should automatically be added and show up as being free

#33 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

Didn't see any today at Best Buy in Iselin/Woodbridge. They rarely ever break street date (aka release things on Tuesday even if they're supposed to be out on Sunday). I'll check tomorrow during lunch.

#34 Sammie2980

Sammie2980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Went looking after work and nothing. I knew I should have went sunday, but I slept on it. Oh well, will look again tomorrow. I would assume they will receive a few shipments of them each week I would think

#35 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

Went looking after work and nothing. I knew I should have went sunday, but I slept on it. Oh well, will look again tomorrow. I would assume they will receive a few shipments of them each week I would think

I wouldn't assume that. I think that with the Avenger SB, they got released early and no one restocked, at least in my area. (San Jose)

Brave hasn't been restocked in my stores either.

#36 tyron3biggum5

tyron3biggum5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

I wouldn't assume that. I think that with the Avenger SB, they got released early and no one restocked, at least in my area. (San Jose)

Brave hasn't been restocked in my stores either.

Same here in Indianapolis

#37 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Independence, MO have None, more on the way. Unknown :( Lees Summit, MO have 6 left. Just don't feel like driving 30 minutes for 2 steel cases ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#38 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

Hmm... I'll check my store one more time tomorrow, but then I'll have to break down and order this. Hate paying extra over release week price though.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#39 pk24

pk24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

I don't think the free case incentive is live online yet so you would just be buying the case straight up right now. I don't think it'll be easy to get them to use that purchase towards the movie in store either, but someone else could probably fill you in better about that. The buy the movie, get a free case offer should go online at some point though, just like it did for Brave

Edit; Scratch that, the Free case offer is live with the regular edition here: LINK

Just add that to your cart and the case should automatically be added and show up as being free

Thank you, kindly!

#40 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

As I figured, the Iselin/Woodbridge, NJ put out the Finding Nemo cases out today.

At Noon:

8 - Finding Nemo Cases
0 - Brave Cases
2 - The Amazing Spider-Man Steelbooks

Edited by philmcfly, 13 November 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#41 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

I was able to get the Finding Nemo on Monday.

#42 jjks

jjks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Got mine this morning when my store opened (Murfreesboro, TN), had stopped last night and they didn't have any out yet. Had 6 this morning. Didn't have any restocks on Brave.

#43 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

My Best Buy said these are only available online.

#44 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

your best buy lied to you

#45 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

I was tempted to grab one today when I was there, but I just don't like Finding Nemo enough. If I wasn't about to enter the police academy and quit my job in a few months then I would, but I need to start watching my funds. My Best Buy had tons

Formerly known as slickkill77

#46 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

picked one up need to pick up Brave today. I have never done the preorder thing at best buy do I just bring the reciept in to get my 7.50 off?

Kamagii.png

#47 tokerblue

tokerblue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

My Best Buy said these are only available online.

- Next time you look for the Steelbook/MetalBox, make the associate look up the SKU.

picked one up need to pick up Brave today. I have never done the preorder thing at best buy do I just bring the reciept in to get my 7.50 off?

- You need to bring the movie and your receipt to the customer service desk. They'll ring you up and take the pre-order deposit off the total.

#48 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

I scored 2 of these this past Sunday, still bummed I couldn't find Brave. Went in today to pick up Black Ops II, and all the Nemo's are now long gone too.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#49 pk24

pk24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

brave cases are available online again --

http://www.bestbuy.c...e bby&lp=2&cp=1

#50 patcrazystar64

patcrazystar64

Human Android

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

brave cases are available online again --

http://www.bestbuy.c...e bby&lp=2&cp=1

So is Finding Nemo, http://www.bestbuy.c...=case&lp=1&cp=1

This is the resort my friend had to take. I was lucky enough to get one in store. Good luck everyone.

#51 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Do these cases resell for much on their own? My store had a ton of them today.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#52 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Managed to get my case today with no problem. Store had probably a dozen of them at least.

So here's a question: What does everyone do with the regular case that the movie comes in since you have the steelbook? I have steelbooks for Toy Story 3, Up, Lion King, and now Finding Nemo and have no idea what to do with the regular BD case/artwork. I know the easy answer is throw them out but I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas.
Posted Image

#53 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Managed to get my case today with no problem. Store had probably a dozen of them at least.

So here's a question: What does everyone do with the regular case that the movie comes in since you have the steelbook? I have steelbooks for Toy Story 3, Up, Lion King, and now Finding Nemo and have no idea what to do with the regular BD case/artwork. I know the easy answer is throw them out but I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas.

I don't do anything with the Steelbooks other than display them. But don't through the slipcase out. There is a market for cases/slipcases. If you want to get rid of them, sell them or trade them away.

#54 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Not by a whole lot but some of the sellers do carry out unethical method such as asking for a return on their "preorder" while also keeping the profit from selling the case. Given, the value do go up a bit once it's all gone since it is limited.

#55 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Usually, the number of discs the steelbook holds is less than the 3D combo pack and sometimes less than the non-3D package.

The ones for Cinderella, Muppets, Avengers, POTC: On Stranger Tides and the like, I have the BD case + slipcover, and it's usually just holding the DC disc or DC disc and DVD disc. Tucked away in a desk drawer.

Not by a whole lot but some of the sellers do carry out unethical method such as asking for a return on their "preorder" while also keeping the profit from selling the case. Given, the value do go up a bit once it's all gone since it is limited.

Ethics might not be the right word to use here. The text on the back of the steelbook says you can cancel the pre-order after two weeks from date of release, as well as the pre-ordered item being returnable once picked up.

#56 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

im still trying to find brave steelbook. Went to a few already.

+1

#57 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

I've put a couple on EBAY since I don't really collect steelbooks, it honestly just helps me offset the cost of the BluRay. I believe they sell from $10-$15 on average.

#58 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I don't even open these empty cases I get. I just toss them into a storage bin that is rapidly filling up from all the ones I've got over the years. I'm 50/50 on getting the pre-order money back when I don't want to buy the movie. I've only forgot to get my $5 back once and that was from the LOTR release, but never again! And usually, you don't even have to wait the two weeks. I returned the one from Avengers 2 days after release b/c I got it from Target on launch day.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#59 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

So if we order the cases online, can we still cancel the preorder?
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#60 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

no