Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/11/12 to 11/17/12)

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#61 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

I think this was posted yesterday by Louie( unfortunately, not CK)

I did, but it wasn't the complete ad. There was no mention of the PS3 wireless headset or $20 off Live with BO2 in the preview.

#62 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

The massively deciding factor will be how it shows online. The ad itself would probably be a no go for many managers as its not a price, its a deal. BBY PM policy specifically says if you find a lower price. Yes it's semantics, but its leaves it open for a manager to just say no

If the game shows $49.99 online most managers will accept it.

If you grab a game and put it in the cart will it be $49.99 many managers will accept it.

If you have Togo all the way to check out then some managers will accept it.

#63 Guest_lopsidedferry82_*

Guest_lopsidedferry82_*

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

I am not goign to buy anythign till black friday, as most things will just be lower priced. http://www.amazondeals.uni.me/yhbud/

#64 cold_young_thug

cold_young_thug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Pretty decent deals here. Although they're bested by many other deals Ive seen recently, If u didnt pick up any games the past couple of months, this might be the best deal before black friday. But black friday is so close, ask yourself, is the money I would save worth it? If every penny is worth it, just wait till black friday, but if your not rubbing two nickels together, like i said, a pretty decent deal.

#65 Guest_crookedblackmai_*

Guest_crookedblackmai_*

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Nothing for me unfortunately, which sucks http://www.bestbuydeals.uni.me/deal/

#66 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

the $10 off $59.99 and $30 off two $59.99s aren't that great...

#67 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Well, this is my last week for a BL2 price match so I'm definitely going to try for one this Sunday. I got them to PM the 2 for $60 deal a while ago so I'm hoping I get lucky again. Thanks OP.

#68 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Why would I price match these crappy deals? I'll just wait until they go on sale on Black Friday.

Because $10 back + $20 Rewardzone certificate = essentially Black Friday prices without the hassle of having to leave the house that day.

#69 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

been a while since I got one of these kmart gaming coupons.

I have a lot of sywr points but also have gcs so will buy $50 worth of psn using GC (maybe even two sets of $50) to get two coupons

#70 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

What games are pictured in the deal? Might help if the game you are price matching is on the page.

#71 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

no cod goodie this year? love those black ops shirts and jeep trucks they gave out

#72 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

They are selling Wii U games ahead of its launch?
Posted Image

#73 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

What games are pictured in the deal? Might help if the game you are price matching is on the page.

Out of all the Gamers Club $20 promo games Dishonored and NHL 13 are. Black Ops 2 is pictured on the same page but not with that promotion for obvious reasons.

Edited by boogie4114, 08 November 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#74 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

good luck getting those PMs. i know they wont work at my local stores

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#75 Bubbamel

Bubbamel

Who ate my Reese's pieces?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

My thoughts exactly... if that is the case, I can pick up my Mario and Zombie U.

#76 LetGoLightly

LetGoLightly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'll have to try to PM this at BB on Tuesday when I pick up Black Ops 2. $55 after taxes for the game and a $20 RZ Certificate is a sweet deal, especially considering I'll be able to trade it into BB for at least $30 once I get bored of it.

#77 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Forget all of the naysayers OP, I am stoked about this ad specifically for Best Buy price matching. Not guaranteed to work, but I might as well try it while I am picking up Black Ops 2.

#78 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Yes. Assassin's Creed 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited and FIFA Soccer 13 are pictured and scheduled to be released on Tuesday.

#79 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

At first I was like, "Another B2G1? Nothing interests me besides PM: Sticker Star and I'm getting that for $29.99 from Newegg", but I remembered that Scribblenauts Unlimited releases the same week on 11/13, so I'm considering getting that with Sticker Star (cancelling my Newegg preorder) and something else...but the question is "What something else?" :-k

If there isn't something really good for a third game that I don't already own (e.g., already own NSMB2, SM3DL, and uninterested in MK7), I think I can wait for Scribblenauts Unlimited to drop in price. :\

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#80 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Where is the frigging 3DSXL deals?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#81 htz

htz

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

I don't think the $15 gaming coupon will work on hardware. The AD just features the most recently released PS3/X360 games. Also if you had received any of the latest gaming coupons, the fine print is getting more specific. They can only be used on gaming software and accessories. Where before you can use them on anything related to video games.

#82 pixi

pixi

Megabitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

So I can price match this deal at Best Buy? Just bring the ad and when I price match they'll take the 10/30 off?

#83 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Yeah this is YMMV. Without a specific deal on each game many managers will not price match this. You will have more luck when buying the game this week but past sales might not work.

This.

#84 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

I've bought all my COD games from TRU since MW2. They've always had the best deal on launch and a midnight release. Not this year, oh well. Guess it's off to bestbuy for me then. It's going to be a mad house over there. :headache:

#85 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

I initially read the OP as there being a $10 GC given when buying a single game, but since it says you save $10, I might as well try PMing the BL2 I got from BBY release week. And hey, maybe Amazon will match this somehow, which would make it much easier to PM...? A guy can dream, can't he? :lol:

I don't think I'll attempt PMing Dishonored or RE6, for two reasons: (1) I would have to call 1-888-BESTBUY to PM, and that would be a pain, especially for a promotion like this; (2) I already PMed both games to a low enough price point that PMing this would be either an unnecessary waste of time or not as good ($51.99 for Dishonored, $48.66 for RE6).

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#86 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Enthusiastic you are OP.

I won't be able to get a PM because YMMV.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#87 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

So I can price match this deal at Best Buy? Just bring the ad and when I price match they'll take the 10/30 off?

The official stance is no. A valid PM has to have the price shown. A blanket $10 off is technically outside of PM policy as it needs to show the price on the game itself, but some managers use common logic and allow it.

Like I said earlier the best thing that can happen is if the games themselves show up as $49.99 on the site.

#88 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

price match galore? that's placing too much faith in the bestbuy CS department

#89 gordo789

gordo789

Freebasing Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Thank You for your input. That was going to be my next question. Would it be worth it to buy the 3DS Bundle on BF for $150 or buy the XL for $20 off BB next week and I was also gonna buy the B2G1 free 3DS games and buy Mario Bros. 2, SML 3D, and Mario Kart.

the 3DS bundle is definitely a better "deal," but being in the same predicament as you I'm going to just buy the XL next week. I think the reason we're seeing 3DS deals and not XL deals is that there's really no reason to buy an 3DS now that the XL exists, so retailers have a good chance to move their stock that's just sitting around. Unless for some reason you really really need the small form factor, I would just buy the XL. Look online for size comparisons, though, they're not much different considering the screen size improvements.

As for the software, B2G1 is not bad and it sounds like you've got titles picked out that you want. I've been picking up software here and there for a while without even owning the hardware, knowing that I would pick one up this month.

Finally, the last added benefit of just buying the XL is that you can do it at your leisure and not have to put up with Black Friday BS, which is stressful. I like black Friday shopping but only when it is not important that I actually buy anything. When I really want to get a specific deal it just stresses me out.

#90 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Potentially good deal on some Wii U games releasing on the 13th, since they don't appear to be featured in any of the Black Friday ads, at least as of yet.
\\:D/