Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/11/12 to 11/17/12)

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

#181 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Well the games are listed at $59.99 but as soon as you add them to your cart they drop to $49.99. Might be worth a shot. I do wonder if only trying 1 game will give me more a chance. Otherwise I have 3 to do.

#182 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'm struggling to decide whether or not to buy my 3DS XL now, or hope against hopes that one of the few remaining retailers left to leak their ad have a 3DS XL bundle.

Somehow, I suspect, this might be the best 3DS XL deal I'm going to get this holiday season. Any input?
Posted Image

#183 njmaddenballer

njmaddenballer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Does BB match prices based on a RECIEPT? If so, I am in there.

#184 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Price updates to 49.99 in cart so pm get!

#185 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm struggling to decide whether or not to buy my 3DS XL now, or hope against hopes that one of the few remaining retailers left to leak their ad have a 3DS XL bundle.

Somehow, I suspect, this might be the best 3DS XL deal I'm going to get this holiday season. Any input?

Thinking the same thing. Unless we have a Target fiasco like last year (3DS was $150 and qualified for B1G1 50% off so I got two of them for $225) then it's not getting much better. Good thing is that BB will refund difference if someone beats it non-BF. Planning on getting the Vita COD bundle also so decisions, decisions...

#186 corc

corc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

I successfully completed two in-store transactions for the b2g1 3ds games, one with games only from the list and one with a game that was not on the list. Both transactions had to be overridden by a manager; it seems the deal is not in the system yet. However, all of the employees assured me that the deal was for all 3ds games. So YMMV on this deal working on all 3ds games, so you might want to try to take advantage of it rather quickly.

#187 AniDanny

AniDanny

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I bought three 3DS games, one that was on the list, two that were not. They checked their newspaper ad (as that seems to be the employees' preferred way of knowing what sales are going on), and it didn't mention anywhere in the print ad that it was ONLY those games shown, it just said "buy 2 get 1 on any NEW 3DS games", so they did a manager override for mine as well.

If it doesn't go through, just be polite, and they will likely help you out. As usual, YMMV.

Also, re: "is this the best sale", I just saved $60 on what would have been a $340 sale (3DS XL + 3 $40 games + tax), and I'm not expecting any black Friday deals to blow that out of the water, so... I'd say go for it! :D

#188 Trudy

Trudy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for the input, guys. Going to go all in and head over to Best Buy sometime in the next few minutes to pick up my 3DS XL.
Posted Image

#189 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Great, now you guys have me thinking I should upgrade my 3DS to an XL...I've got more than enough credit to cover it, but...:-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Plat Run]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/14]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#190 Ekkebus

Ekkebus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Same story here, a manager needed to override. I was getting games not on the ad but the person in front of me was and it needed to be overridden for both of us.

The paper ad doesn't have any restrictions other than excluding preowned so I don't think anyone should have much of an issue using the deal for any games.

#191 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

My 800 points code has already been emailed and redeemed, and I just preordered the BOPS2 bundle this morning. Downloading Dawnguard for 360 since it put me over (sorry PS3 owners).

#192 Siefer

Siefer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

I have a question. Before I knew about this Best Buy deal, I went into my local Best Buy and asked if they would match the $20 GC offer that Toys R Us was going to do this week. The associate talked to a manager about it, and they said to come back on Sunday with the ad and they would more than likely do something to match that (again, this was before I knew about this Best Buy deal).

My question is, will they still match the GC deal on top of the $20 off they are now doing? I'm thinking no, but it would be nice if it worked out that way.

#193 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Does BB match prices based on a RECIEPT? If so, I am in there.

Nope, I tried that before so YMMV depending on what the manager says.

#194 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm going to call in 30 minutes when the bb post purchase pm department opens to see what they say about price matching the $10 off any $60 game. Also does anyone know if I can get the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Game, 12+1 Month Xbox LIVE Membership and 800 Points bundle for $99.98 when I pickup the ps3 version of the game. Doubt it but just wondering since it says Call of duty game. Last question, If I pre-order a game and use the $20 cert I got from it on something but return the game after the cert was used being a silver member, what happens. Does your rz account go in a negative balance or something. Just curious.

So you buy a $20 cert game, get the cert, use the cert on another game and then return the $20 cert game? What happens is that you're kind of a prick. Other than that, yeah, negative balance. Just don't do it. Stuff like that ruins these deals and I'd like to keep them, along with other people in the thread.

Gift the game or trade it in. :D

Edit: It's also a bundle deal at Best Buy, so you probably won't get the PM, now or ever. I believe it's either the bundle or the PM, but it's really at the managers discretion.

Edited by advanced, 11 November 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#195 Supremacy

Supremacy

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I had two black ops 2 in my cart for $90+tax earlier now it doesn't apply.

#196 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Great, now you guys have me thinking I should upgrade my 3DS to an XL...I've got more than enough credit to cover it, but...:-k

It is absolutely worth it. The XL makes 3DS gaming so much better.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#197 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

I have a question. Before I knew about this Best Buy deal, I went into my local Best Buy and asked if they would match the $20 GC offer that Toys R Us was going to do this week. The associate talked to a manager about it, and they said to come back on Sunday with the ad and they would more than likely do something to match that (again, this was before I knew about this Best Buy deal).

My question is, will they still match the GC deal on top of the $20 off they are now doing? I'm thinking no, but it would be nice if it worked out that way.

Very likely not since that's technically double-dipping.

It is absolutely worth it. The XL makes 3DS gaming so much better.

Even if it means shorter overall playtime (I have the PowerPak+ and usually get 8-10 hours max before having to recharge)? I'm also conflicted on whether standard DS games would play well on it--when I play them on my 3DS, I use the Hold Select+Start trick to shrink the screens down to their original resolution.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Plat Run]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

#198 jupitersj

jupitersj

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Good time to price match those Gamer Club Unlocked purchases.

$20 gc with 3DS/3DS XL game system purchase.

Won't have to price match this one; 3DS/XL is $20 off period at Best Buy this week. Bought mine at Walmart last night and they price matched it right off my Android.
Feedback
CAG: 1. 2.
Ebay: jupitersj

#199 tubtub

tubtub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

Deal is ringing up correctly for any of those games...still need override for others

#200 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Hmm. Maybe I should pick up black ops 2 and halo 4 for the 30 bucks off. I feel like they won't go on sale for black friday.

#201 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

It's good that the price updates after adding to cart; there's a better chance my BBY will PM BL2 for $49.99 now. ;)

(And no, I didn't PM Fry's ad because there isn't one anywhere in my area.)

Cloud_Squall78.png

#202 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Picked up paper mario, theatrhythym, and Professor Layton and it rang up automatically with no override. I guess they opened it up to everything now.

#203 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Even if it means shorter overall playtime?

I typically don't play portable systems for hours and hours, so this has never been a problem for me. I always keep it charged. You'll have to weigh your own personal pros and cons based on how you think you will use it, but I just can't imagine going back to a regular 3DS.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#204 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Just got Paper Mario and NSMB 2 for $48 plus a $15 coupon to use in future. Was worried that that coupon wouldn't print out since I used another $15 coupon with my payment. Now, if I only I could've got Zero Escape instead of NSMB 2...

Edited by johnston306, 11 November 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#205 Siefer

Siefer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Very likely not since that's technically double-dipping.

Thank you for the clarification. I didn't expect that to work, but I would have been pleasantly surprised if it did.

#206 sethrhf

sethrhf

The Watcher

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Got Paper Mario and NSMB 2 and a candy bar "to get me over $50 for the extra reward points" for 54.44. So I got $5.00 in bonus SRW points + the 15 gaming coupon. Used my birthday 10 dollar off a 30 dollar purchase on this thats why it was under $50.

Also I just purchased Black Ops 2 from kmart online. It's on sale for 56.99 so I used fatwallet for 6% had a 10000 extra SRW for using my points coupon, and will get a $15 award card.

#207 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

I was able to get BB customer service to price match Halo 4 & Black Ops 2 for the $49.99 price for my online orders. I just called in 2 seperate times.

Edited by finsfan0210, 11 November 2012 - 09:29 PM.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#208 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

When people report their price matches could you mention if it is online or in-store? I cannot go till tomorrow but I report then.

#209 Fearbeard

Fearbeard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Just got out of Best Buy. Bought Harvest Moon, Paper Mario and Layton: MM.

Discount applied automatically, no manager needed. Looks like it's in the system now and applies to all 3DS games.

Games Completed -  2014 - 2013 - 2012 
Game Spending List -  2014 - 2013 - 2012

#210 IMikeU

IMikeU

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Just got back from bb and they priced matched my dishonored and halo 4 for 30.00 off. My biggest question now is, am I going to lose my preorder preorder bonus cerificates?