• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#331 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Looks like I'm in for Dead Space 2.

Any recommendations for the Fullmetal Achemist Brotherhood movie?

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#332 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Crap thanks to this and black friday I am gonna be up to my eyeballs in credit card debt....

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#333 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Crap thanks to this and black friday I am gonna be up to my eyeballs in credit card debt....

Yeah, I know how you feel. My CC bill is already massive from last month, and it'll be pretty bad again at the end of this month. T___T

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#334 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

All of this Hullabaloo makes me want to order a copy of Gao Gai Gar now :D

Same here, though I don't have anything I could add to my cart with it besides the Tears To Tiara sets that could bring me up to $50, and I don't think I'd want to order $30 worth of those random blind boxes. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#335 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Same here, though I don't have anything I could add to my cart with it besides the Tears To Tiara sets that could bring me up to $50, and I don't think I'd want to order $30 worth of those random blind boxes. :cry:

It's okay, you have a few more days anyways to see if you have more to add. The new GaoGaiGar bundle has more than 100 still, so you have time most likely.

#336 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Recommendation question time!

-Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom (though it's only $0.20 greater on Amazon :\)
-Tytania
-Vandread

I was thinking about getting the FMA: B OVA Collection, but it's also only $0.20 more expensive on Amazon, so I might as well just get it there.

I found tytania pretty boring. I don't think I made it past the 6th or 7th episode.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#337 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

It's okay, you have a few more days anyways to see if you have more to add. The new GaoGaiGar bundle has more than 100 still, so you have time most likely.

I don't know, man...it looks like every time I refresh the page, there's one less copy. :-#

I see what you're saying, though. I can wait.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#338 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Well, at the very least it should last until the time the new sale day begins tonight. ;P

#339 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Any recommendations for the Fullmetal Achemist Brotherhood movie?

It was OK, but it is essentially a glorified Shonen Jump movie. Still kinda pissed at Roy's, Riza's, and Armstrong's roles in the film. And after Shamballa, I wanted another movie that tied into the series.

#340 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Oops, bought Disgaea for $12 kinda recent and have yet to watch it >.<

#341 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

It was OK, but it is essentially a glorified Shonen Jump movie. Still kinda pissed at Roy's, Riza's, and Armstrong's roles in the film. And after Shamballa, I wanted another movie that tied into the series.

That's a shame. Armstrong is one of my favorite characters.

I noticed some less than stellar reviews on Amazon for Dead Space 2 so I'll hold off on that and get the first movie only.

Come on, Rightstuf. This isn't a true Christmas sale without Dead Leaves.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#342 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Posted Image

On the tenth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...Ten Edo aliens.

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

DAY 10
Spoiler

Edited by WTK, 08 December 2012 - 03:04 AM.

#343 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Any thoughts on Gunslinger Girl?

#344 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

First series good, all downhill after that, so if anything pick up the first season, but personally I wouldn't recommend the second.

#345 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:41 AM

Ok, now Rightstuf is just toying with me. They have a sale on every volume of Death Note except Volume 13, the one volume I really, really want. Great price on those bundles though. Astro Boy is also tempting.

I noticed Gin Tama only has an English dub for the movie and not the series. What's up with that?

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#346 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Ok, now Rightstuf is just toying with me. They have a sale on every volume of Death Note except Volume 13, the one volume I really, really want. Great price on those bundles though. Astro Boy is also tempting.

I could have picked up Volume 13 at my local HPB awhile back for $2.50, but it's just so ridiculously huge compared to the other volumes I didn't grab it. It's not like it's part of the series anyways so I didn't feel it was necessary.

#347 Crazydom

Crazydom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

Thinking about My Bride Is A Mermaid.

One of the funniest comedy anime I've seen and a great parody of usual harem nonsense.

#348 mclovin_it

mclovin_it

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

Man nothing I am too interested in. I want the Eureka Seven Complete Collection 1 since Right Stuff has it for $40 and before that the cheapest I've found it for was $85. However I am wondering, would Rightstuf give it a bigger discount in one of the remaining "days of savings" deals?

Also can anyone recommend me a good complete series under $25?

#349 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

I noticed Gin Tama only has an English dub for the movie and not the series. What's up with that?

Regarding Death Note,

It looks like it's just cheaper to go with the black edition bundle from earlier sales. Are there any big differences between the regular volumes vs Black Editions other than the fact that a black edition has 2 volumes?

#350 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Man nothing I am too interested in. I want the Eureka Seven Complete Collection 1 since Right Stuff has it for $40 and before that the cheapest I've found it for was $85. However I am wondering, would Rightstuf give it a bigger discount in one of the remaining "days of savings" deals?

Also can anyone recommend me a good complete series under $25? Thanks

It's going to be slim to no chance E7 will be showing up in the remaining days of the sale, but if you want to hold on to hope that isn't a problem, but just remember to keep an eye on the quantity counter. ;P

And recommendation wise really depends on your preference for genres and what not since it's kind of spread across the board with many different types of series.

#351 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Anyone have any thoughts on Noein? Looks interesting and you can't beat the price.

#352 mclovin_it

mclovin_it

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

It's going to be slim to no chance E7 will be showing up in the remaining days of the sale, but if you want to hold on to hope that isn't a problem, but just remember to keep an eye on the quantity counter. ;P

And recommendation wise really depends on your preference for genres and what not since it's kind of spread across the board with many different types of series.

Yeah that's what I thought. I bought Eureka 7 Vol. 3, 6, 9, and 10 special editions a few days ago because they were dirt cheap. Looked for the other volumes but they are really expensive so I guess I'll bite on collection 1 and hopefully get collection 2 for a good price later on.

Haha yeah common sense to put in my favorite genres and such oops. I don't really watch much anime and have recently been trying to get into it so i don't really have that much of a preference on genres but from the anime I've seen my favorites so far are E7, Baccano!, Berserk, FLCL, Tiger and Bunny, and Cowboy Bebop.

#353 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

First series good, all downhill after that, so if anything pick up the first season, but personally I wouldn't recommend the second.

First season was great (one of my absolute favorites), with high production values. Season 2 was a disappointment, especially considering the manga of it was better than season 1. Basically, watch the first season, and read the manga for the rest.

#354 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

DAY 10

Any reason to get this if you own :dvd:GITS:SAC S1+S2 + :br:Solid State Society? I mean, a whole season wrap up in 2hrs seems like it misses a lot, yeah?

Since :br:Individual 11 may pop up in Day 11/12, same question? :D

#355 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Anyone have any thoughts on Noein? Looks interesting and you can't beat the price.

I would it buy it at that price. The counter is going down though. I would make your decision soon.

#356 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

I would it buy it at that price. The counter is going down though. I would make your decision soon.

I want to jump on it at that price but the $4.00 shipping keeps glaring at me as I wait for more things to appear later down the road so I can buy everything all at once and skip the shipping costs.. :'c

#357 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

Jesus I was hoping to wait until at least day 11 to buy it! Now I have to put together another order and I will haz no money for the last two days. :cry:

#358 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Noein is awesome, but very Mind Screwy, so if you dislike those series, don't buy it.

Nobody asked, but Cybuster is awful, don't bother.

Someone asked about Laughing Man. It is a compilation movie and feels like one. If you have the series, don't bother.

A warning about Gunslinger Girl: the first two episodes are very boring. Rest of the season rocks, but don't leave after Episode 2.

Someone asked about GinTama. Sentai did not think it was profitable to dub Gintama originally, but then the series became popular enough to make a one-off movie dub feasible.

And now, my own Q. Anyone know what kind of packaging Princess Tutu is? It isn't the ADV release, so it isn't the thinpak, but is it the thick clamshell the Sentai releases are, or is it as thick as a regular DVD case?

#359 mattrobertsjr

mattrobertsjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

jumong is a must buy!

#360 oni_saru_sensei

oni_saru_sensei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Another vote for Gunslinger Girls season 1. Great quality, great music, great story.

Season 2 however, smh. Why did they even allow that to be released? They can't give us a high quality season 1 then expect us to be okay with a shit quality season 2. I remember the claw hands. Lol though I heard they fixed that for the DVD release. Still never forget :P