• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#481 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Get Mushishi then.

Ghost Hunt was ok. I didn't finish it, but it's nothing to write home about.

#482 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

Much appreciated, the other two I was looking at with little hope are Ghost Hunt and Mushi-shi.

Mushi-shi is for hipsters and I mean that with all contempt directed towards its fans.

Go with Kino's Journey if you want something intellectual, Elfen Lied if you want blood and tits, xxxHolic if you want something that's supernatural and aimed at a broader audience than just young men, or Gad Guard if you want a robot show that's surprisingly decent for being a robot show.

My recs are also in that order.

#483 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Any last minute suggestions on anything from any day? I'm getting ready to order, and don't want to miss some gem that I don't know about. lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#484 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

Any last minute suggestions on anything from any day? I'm getting ready to order, and don't want to miss some gem that I don't know about. lol

I guess that all depends on what you have already in the cart.
Posted Image

#485 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Disgaea DVD Complete Series (Hyb) (*) 1$6.99
Gun X Sword CD Soundtrack 1 (*) 1$1.89
Initial D: Stage 1 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition (*) $14.99
Initial D: Stage 2-3 + OVA Extra Stage DVD Collection (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition (*) 1$14.99
Initial D: Stage 4 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition (*) 1$14.99
Jubei Chan 2 DVD Box Set (Hyb) (*) 1$19.99
Moon Phase (Tsukuyomi) DVD Box Set (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition (*) 1$14.99
No. 6 DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (*) 1$21.99
Pet Shop of Horrors DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (*) 1$9.99
Sakura Wars TV Complete Collection DVD Set (Thinpak) (*) 1$12.99
Tsukihime, Lunar Legend DVD Collection (Hyb) (*) 1$15.99

Item Subtotal: $149.79

God, wife is going to kill me.

#486 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

I guess that all depends on what you have already in the cart.

I have grabbed so far:

Texhnolyze
Armitage III
Parasite Dolls
Vexille (Seeing a theme yet? lol)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy
Noein
Darkside Blues (Just for the hell of it)

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#487 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

What is a list of must have blu ray?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#488 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

I have grabbed so far:

Texhnolyze
Armitage III
Parasite Dolls
Vexille (Seeing a theme yet? lol)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy
Noein
Darkside Blues (Just for the hell of it)

You might like Le Portrait looking at the list you gave me. Fits in pretty well with the majority of that list now that I think about it, although it's rather mechless.
Posted Image

#489 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

This is what I picked up today. Black Lagoon, Full Metal Panic! Blu-ray Complete Collection Remastered, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Blu-ray Complete Series, Hero Tales DVD Complete Series, Infinite Stratos + Encore Blu-ray Complete Collection, Mayo Chiki! DVD Complete Collection, Edo Rocket DVD Complete Series, Parasite Dolls, Heaven's Memo Pad Blu-ray complete collection and Get Backers Thinpack.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#490 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

Infinite Stratos thumbs up.
Posted Image

#491 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Will they do one more day?

#492 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

Will they do one more day?

They may just save the rest for the new years sale if there is one this year.
Posted Image

#493 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

I don't know if I will have any money left for a new years sale.... I still haven't done any Christmas Shopping.

#494 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Blassreiter DVD?

Yay or nay?

I've watched the 1st episode and think it's okay but the animation looks like it may be headed for blu-ray sometime down the line and I'd hate to double dip.

#495 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

I have a ton of stuff in my cart that I need to weed down. Even of the ones there, nothing's high up on my list. Doesn't help that DeepDiscount actually miraculously came through.

#496 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

I remember last year I got Full Metal Panic on Blu-ray (all three series) for less than $50 combined last year. This year was a disappointment.

#497 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Don't really care about fumoffu.

#498 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Right now in my cart, I have Baccano, Excel Saga, and Dead Space: Downfall with a total of $48.97.

I'm thinking of getting a $5 order and two $1 orders from the blind box to qualify for the free shipping. Any last minute recommendations for anything under $10? If I can keep my total under $65, I should be okay.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#499 lilman

lilman

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Nice to see they matched Amazon's price for Ai Yori Aoshi collection. Great value considering it also includes Enishi (i.e. S2).

Don't really care about fumoffu.

Fumoffu is one of the funniest anime ever.

#500 waxHead

waxHead

Resident Vinyl Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Is today's price for the Appleseed Blu-ray pretty good? I've been planning to buy both (the original and Ex Machina) for a while, but I'm not sure if it ever goes lower than $15. Thoughts on Baccano for it's price as well ($50) - worth it, or wait?

I currently have all of the GitS Blu-rays in my cart, along with the Appleseed Blu and the Soul Eater complete series (seems like a good deal for $36).

I also considered Vexille... too many options!

#501 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Looks like am just getting Last Exile,El-Hazard:The Wanderers,and three Gantz volumes.

#502 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Made my second order today, before the sale ends. Much smaller order this time, just a few choice items from the last four days. Two of the items I made sure to acquire were the Go Lion holiday bundle, and Dairugger, Armored Fleet, volumes one and two. I was a bit of a Voltron fan growing up, and I've always wondered about the original Japanese series. Now I'll finally get to see them in their unedited entirety.

#503 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

If you don't already have them, consider picking up the three volumes of the Twelve Kingdoms. It is a very strange but very intriguing series with a lot of well-developed characters. (and by that I mean their character progression and growth, not their physical proportions) The setting in particular is fantastic. The prices for them in this sale are lower than I've ever seen them, and they are the Blu-Ray sets.

#504 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

My Final Checkout:

Today:
Inuyasha movie dvd box set
Needless complete bluray
Angel Sanctuary dvd
Canaan Bluray
Ga-Rei-Zero DVD/Bluray
Gungrave Bluray
Mardock Scramble: The First Compression Bluray

earlier:
Puni Puni Poemi/Kekko Kamen DVD
My Santa DVD (what a piece of christmas S%*&)
Aquarian Age DVD
RahXephon DVD (Awsome Show)

Pretty much all but needless was a blind buy as I haven't seen the inuyasha movies yet. I am gonna need a bigger shelf soon.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#505 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Another $500+ anime year within a 2 month span. Ugh. There's probably still another $500 on my wishlist for next xmas. Thank god for Amazon points, all I'll say.

#506 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

So much good stuff... I really am about to blow $300+ on this sale. Then they top it off witht he Ai Yori Aoshi set I've been wanting. FFFFFFF

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#507 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Another $500+ anime year within a 2 month span. Ugh. There's probably still another $500 on my wishlist for next xmas. Thank god for Amazon points, all I'll say.

It's okay, that's usually how much spend in half a month, so you're still in good shape, as for me though, I'm just trying to not go over 9k for the year. ~_~
Posted Image

#508 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Fumoffu is one of the funniest anime ever.

Agreed.

#509 Crazydom

Crazydom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Got everything I wanted last night for under $200. I'm kind of disappointed the last day had nothing for me, but better for my wallet.

#510 XxFuRy2Xx

XxFuRy2Xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'm thinking of getting the amagami ss bundle. Is it a good show and worth it at that price point, or might it go cheaper?

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList