Holiday Savings Countdown...to 12+ Days of Savings @ RightStuf.com

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#61 TidalDreams

TidalDreams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

WTF? When did they change their Canadian free shipping to $250? Most of these deals suck anyways.

#62 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

WTF? When did they change their Canadian free shipping to $250? Most of these deals suck anyways.

Depends what you're looking for. Also, they upped the price about a month ago when Canada Post decide to up their shipping prices and Rightstuf started losing out a bunch of money.

#63 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

How is Coyote Ragtime?

#64 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Thanks for the update.

Anyone have thoughts on the Aria DVD Holiday Bundle (price, value, show worth watching, etc.)? While I'm aware the Aria series are a bit...calmer than most anime, they still interest me.

I have to say I'm disappointed in the Durarara!! price; I know it's Aniplex-released and therefore pricey, but the CAG in me cannot justify paying >$100 for a 26-episode series, no matter how good it is. I might have considered it at 50% off, but it's a no-go at 30%.

I'm seriously considering the Moribito Holiday Jewelcase DVD Bundle, even though I already own the complete series in a single-CD-spindle case. :hot:

I love the Aria series! It is a quiet, slice of life story with some magical realism moments ... But it was completely fantastic. My niece is watching it now, and loving it, too. You get a lot of value, there, to - its like 54 episodes plus the nice boxes and the printed guidebook. I paid full price when they put it up for Pre-order and still consider it one of my best purchases.

Oh, and while it's slow, there is definitely movement forward - so, it's not one of those eternally status quo type shows. You get an appropriate ending.

#65 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

I'm seriously considering the Moribito Holiday Jewelcase DVD Bundle, even though I already own the complete series in a single-CD-spindle case. :hot:

Same here. That struck me as one of the better deals for this round. Most of the other decent deals are for series that I already own.

There are still some items from the first round I'm considering, but the second is a bit of a disappointment. Durrarra is a series I want, but I'm pretty certain it is going to be getting a Blu-Ray box set in the near future. I'll check to make sure there is enough stock on the items I'm interested in, and then wait for round 3.

#66 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

I love the Aria series! It is a quiet, slice of life story with some magical realism moments ... But it was completely fantastic. My niece is watching it now, and loving it, too. You get a lot of value, there, to - its like 54 episodes plus the nice boxes and the printed guidebook. I paid full price when they put it up for Pre-order and still consider it one of my best purchases.

Oh, and while it's slow, there is definitely movement forward - so, it's not one of those eternally status quo type shows. You get an appropriate ending.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't sell out while I wait for T1 to come around. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#67 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Put in order in for RahXephon on T2 and Puni Puni Poemi/Kekko Kamen, my santa, and Aquarian Age for T1. Figured I couldn't go wrong with a giant mecha anime from bones and the others were pretty much blind buys for better or worse.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#68 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Put in order in for RahXephon on T2 and Puni Puni Poemi/Kekko Kamen, my santa, and Aquarian Age for T1. Figured I couldn't go wrong with a giant mecha anime from bones and the others were pretty much blind buys for better or worse.

RahXephon is great! Enough to have plenty of fans who prefer it over Evangelion.

#69 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Well Puni Puni Poemi was from the director if Excel Saga,so it will probably be decent.

#70 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Can anyone recommend "Chaos;Head"?

I like Perfect Blue, is it similar? I'm not a fan of harem type shows either (aka nerdy boy surrounded by beautiful girls) and not sure if this anime contains it.

Thanks.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#71 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Well Puni Puni Poemi was from the director if Excel Saga,so it will probably be decent.

Poemi like Episode 26 of Excel Saga. Not as extreme, but similar style.

The only things that interest me here are the under $10 anime sets. I will say that anyone who likes super robots should pick up Mazinkaiser. Shuten Doji is OK, but Mazinkaiser is awesome.

#72 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Can anyone recommend "Chaos;Head"?

"Chaos;Head" is okay as a weekend marathon, but I definitely don't recommend purchasing the series. Invest your money towards "Steins;Gate" instead---it's anime otaku fandom meets "Back to the Future." It also happens to be one of the favorite anime series of all time, ranked along with "Princess Tutu" and "G-GUNDAM"

#73 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Ugh, T-1 looks pretty lame. Hopefully there's some surprise "liftoff" addition like they usually do with these sales.

#74 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

T-3
Spoiler

T-2
Spoiler

T-1
Spoiler

Edited by WTK, 08 December 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#75 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Ugh, T-1 looks pretty lame. Hopefully there's some surprise "liftoff" addition like they usually do with these sales.

My exact thought on T-1, 2, and 3...

#76 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Most of these seem like price matches on Deep Discount and Best Buy. Will probably pick up K-ON and Nerima Daikon, especially since I need to pre-order some manga.

#77 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

All this waiting for those deals!? Geez, Rightstuf has really bummed me out this year.

#78 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

via ANN forums

Many more things to come next week. You may want to consider holding on that cart.

#79 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

Well, looks like I'll be waiting for the NISA Store sale that starts on the 26th! Couple sets there I really want to get.

#80 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Rightstuf's best sales are during their 12 days of Christmas, so not sure why everyone seems to be complaining about how it's the end of the world for Rightstuf's sales this year when there's still so many more to come. =\

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#81 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

I think the K-On!! season 2 bundle is a great price, so I picked that up. I got Aria season 3, too.
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image

#82 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Rightstuf's best sales are during their 12 days of Christmas, so not sure why everyone seems to be complaining about how it's the end of the world for Rightstuf's sales this year when there's still so many more to come. =\

I think someone in the thread said that these would be better prices than their Christmas sale.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#83 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

I think someone in the thread said that these would be better prices than their Christmas sale.

No, I think what they said was that you wouldn't find lower prices during their Christmas sale, so you shouldn't expect something in this sale to be any cheaper next month.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

#84 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

http://www.rightstuf...oliday/#current

Count down to the holiday season with three waves of Black Friday deals on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on Cyber Monday (November 26, 2012)!

#85 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

http://www.rightstuf.../blackFriday03/

[*]Chrono Crusade DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $59.98 Your Price: $12.99*(78% Off)

Good price on Chrono Crusade

#86 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

These got added to T-1...

Edited by WTK, 23 November 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#87 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

These were cheaper during the Viz sale, but I guess it's a good option for those who missed out.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#88 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Half of this "sale" feels more like their usual moving old things to the bargain bin, only they're putting it on the front page.

#89 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

RightStuf.com : Black Friday deals are good through 11:59 p.m. CT on Cyber Monday, & then there's still the 12 Days of Savings~!

#90 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, I think I'm going to tempt fate and just wait for the 12 Days of Savings. There's nothing I want that much right now.

Cloud_Squall78.png