• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#241 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Posted Image

On the sixth day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...Six awkward blushes.

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

DAY 06
Spoiler

Edited by WTK, 08 December 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#242 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Does anyone have thoughts/opinions on Tears To Tiara and X? I tried the first two episodes of TTT and thought it felt so-so, but does it get better? $14 for the whole 26-episode series sounds like a potentially good deal.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#243 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Texhnolyze for me!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#244 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

Tears To Tiara picks up a bit if you give it a few more episodes, and it's pretty cheap if you do the two collections on DVD as you've mentioned, so I'd say go for it.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#245 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Tears To Tiara picks up a bit if you give it a few more episodes, and it's pretty cheap if you do the two collections on DVD as you've mentioned, so I'd say go for it.

Thanks, they're both soundly in my ever-growing "cart" (i.e., saved items). :)

I decided to pass on X.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

#246 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:16 AM

I bought Dance in the Vampire Bund last year at Rightstuf for $25.99.... $32.49 is a little high for it.

elessar123.png

#247 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Tears to Tiara potentially for me. Everything else interesting I already own.

Anybody care to share one of RightStuf's coupon codes? I'm sure most of us could get at least $60.

#248 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Everytime I see "Elfen Lied" I misread it as "F'n Lied". I use to do the same with Gundam Wing and call it "Goddamn Wing". I've seen neither show.

Fullmetal Alchemist season sets are tempting; otherwise, nothing for me on Day 6.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#249 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Tears to Tiara is good, but not great. The main issue I had with the series is that the majority of the episodes focus on a particular character's backstory, rather than furthering the plot. After the first few episodes, the main conflict in the show isn't really brought up until the last handful of episodes (with the exception of a few strewn throughout the series). Still, if you like fantasy shows it's worth a look.

#250 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Elfen Lied is interesting, that price is actually not bad. If it's never getting blu treatment (which it probably won't), I might bite. Tears to Tiara is very average and un-original. It's like Utwaremono or whatever that horribly named anime is.

What's with that Kimi ni Todoke price? F-that. Reminds me of the Durarara price. Insanity. Next year!

#251 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Awww, I really would like to buy Kimi Ni Todoke, but my wife would kill me if I spent $140 on 37 episodes of anime. Anyone seen it and have an opinion?
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#252 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Awww, I really would like to buy Kimi Ni Todoke, but my wife would kill me if I spent $140 on 37 episodes of anime. Anyone seen it and have an opinion?

I've seen I believe all the first season and but never saw the second yet (set contains both). I have to say the anime is excellent some comedy, but very emotional. I actually did cry a few times. It's really cute though, and albeit a little slow, but very good overall. If the whole set was 100 dollars I would bite in an instant. It just seems slightly too high here....may be too new (also these sets have both the bluray/dvd).

#253 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

What's with that Kimi ni Todoke price? F-that. Reminds me of the Durarara price. Insanity. Next year!

It is being released by NIS which, like Aniplex stuff, means you pay what Japan pays. The individual sets are $52 each.

#254 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Everytime I see "Elfen Lied" I misread it as "F'n Lied". I use to do the same with Gundam Wing and call it "Goddamn Wing". I've seen neither show.

Fullmetal Alchemist season sets are tempting; otherwise, nothing for me on Day 6.

Just remember those are the original FMA, not Brotherhood.

elessar123.png

#255 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

It is being released by NIS which, like Aniplex stuff, means you pay what Japan pays. The individual sets are $52 each.

You also need to keep in mind all 3 of these are the premium sets which means it will come in the longer art box and include the art book.

They will release the standard editions at some point like they always do, but on first releases they usually just put out the premium editions first for most of their anime. Most of your cost is because they are the premium editions instead of just the standard which hasn't been released yet. Aniplex is a whole other story though. ;D

#256 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

I'm usually a complete sucker for romance anime, but after watching the first 7 episodes of this series, I just couldn't get into it. If you're interested in the series, $140 for all three of the Premium sets is a decent deal.

Otherwise, I'd recommend watching the first few episodes on Hulu to determine if this show is your cup of tea.

#257 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

The most entertaining aspect of Tears To Tiara is the English dub and the over-the-top accents they all use. Overall, it was a solid show, and I liked that it is based a bit on Celtic/Welsh mythology, tho as usual, the Japanese have their own take on things.
Posted Image

#258 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

How is Kaze no Stigma?

Run of the mill, but still an enjoyable watch with a solid English dub.

I bought Dance in the Vampire Bund last year at Rightstuf for $25.99.... $32.49 is a little high for it.

$15 would be too high. The basic premise is ok and I liked the first episode, but the story turns to garbage quick. If it didn't have a loli vampire, I doubt anyone would watch.

#259 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

]Shit.....may need to drop funds on Clannad..... I don't know why I like shows like that one....
Spoiler

Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#260 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Just remember those are the original FMA, not Brotherhood.

I liked the original although I wish the ending was better. I missed a bunch of Brotherhood but I hope the ending is more satisfying.

For those who are thinking about buying Samurai 7, I would suggest passing on it. Not only is it airing on Adult Swim and available on Netflix, it's also pretty bad.

Halfway into the series, I'm convinced rice is to Samurai 7 as spam is to Monty Python.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#261 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

I liked the original although I wish the ending was better. I missed a bunch of Brotherhood but I hope the ending is more satisfying.

Well the original FMA was left wide open like that too because it wasn't really based off the manga as closely as Brotherhood was. I liked the original FMA, but comparing it to the manga it was pretty much a complete disaster. Brotherhood basically redeemed itself as far as fans of the manga were concerned.

#262 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

FMA suffered what a lot of long-running series suffer from -- the anime getting further ahead than the manga. Bleach, Inuyasha, Kenshin, Naruto, etc. all had this problem. So the anime makes up stuff. And it's never as good.

Brotherhood was made to end alongside the manga, and follows it pretty closely. It takes all the contradictions FMA had, due to not following the manga, and makes the original FMA look pretty horrible.

elessar123.png

#263 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Nothing today thank god, I am still holding off till I see the last day or something I want with limited stock.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#264 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

For those who are thinking about buying Samurai 7, I would suggest passing on it. Not only is it airing on Adult Swim and available on Netflix, it's also pretty bad.

Halfway into the series, I'm convinced rice is to Samurai 7 as spam is to Monty Python.

Bah, Samurai 7 was awesome. I still wuv Kiku....

As for FMA, Arakawa actually told the first anime writers to do something different. Except for the whole "people from our world power Amestris' alchemy" thing, I didn't mind the ending. Brotherhood started to fall apart once Father started fighting and eventually became a DBZ clone until the final few minutes of the fight.

#265 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Bah, Samurai 7 was awesome. I still wuv Kiku....

As for FMA, Arakawa actually told the first anime writers to do something different. Except for the whole "people from our world power Amestris' alchemy" thing, I didn't mind the ending. Brotherhood started to fall apart once Father started fighting and eventually became a DBZ clone until the final few minutes of the fight.

Not to be a jerk, but you might want to put in spoiler tags for the ending-related parts of your post.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#266 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

Who the Fuck spoils two endings in a blurb?

elessar123.png

#267 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

Great deal on Get Backers Collection. Picked that up. If only I hadn't spent all my money on black friday deals I would be getting way more stuff. :(
I also picked Okami-san and Her Seven Companions DVD/Blu-ray Complete (Hyb) Limited Edition.

I Want ROD the TV a lot but can't and won't drop a 100 on it.

I picked up that series a while back volume by volume. Freakin vol 1 was a pain in the butt to get cheap because everyone was charging an arm and a leg for it. But I managed to snag it relatively cheap on Ebay.

Edited by GogetaSS4, 02 December 2012 - 08:21 AM.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#268 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

Posted Image

On the seventh day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me...Seven mecha dueling.

Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier -- with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-ray discs, box sets and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 14, 2012!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

But order early and often! Quantities on some items are limited - keep an eye out for counters - AND the sale ends on December 14, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

DAY 07
Spoiler

Edited by WTK, 08 December 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#269 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

^As soon as I saw the Hello Kitty collections, I clicked on their product pages (my younger sister and mom love the property) and was a bit shocked to see counters on both of them. I researched both collections on Amazon and was able to find the Holiday Fun Box for a little over $12 shipped (by Shawnek, no less), so I ordered that from Amazon with my abundant gift card credit. Unfortunately, the Animation Theater collection is a bit more expensive on Amazon, so after careful consideration and noticing that the counter dropped from 13 to 10 in the 5 minutes I took researching the items, I added it, Hetalia S4, and Kobato Collections 1 & 2 to my cart and placed the $59.96 order.

...Now the test begins for whether Tears To Tiara belongs in my collection: If $40-$45 worth of anime pops up during the next few days, there's a strong chance I'll pick them up. :razz:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#270 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

Nothing for me again
Spoiler

elessar123.png