Too Human (X360) Gamestop.com NEW $5.99

It was actually $6 prior to the ruling, but if you want a cheap copy for the lulz before Too Human joins E.T. and Jimmy Hoffa, go for it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']So does this mean thst sealed copys of too human and xmen destiny will be worth something (as much as those games sucked) ?[/QUOTE]

Those games have been in circulation long enough that it wouldn't be difficult to track down a copy. If it was something like NBA Elite 11 or a sealed copy of the unedited version of GTA:SA that were only available briefly then it might be worth something.

Hated this game... painfully boring plot and the combat in spots gets way out of hand with things attacking from off screen and generally just scaling very poorly. I made it about halfway through on a rental and gave up when I had to fight like 4-5 guys who all shoot missiles or some crap. It was clearly designed to be played co-op and without that it becomes an unplayable mess.

Great game, took a while to understand the sliding move, but played it coop and it was well worth the effort.

I'm interested how the destroy all inventory effects GS, if they own the stock and cannot get reimbursed then are they expected to take the loss for destroying the inventory ?

if anything will rise in price it will probably be tatsunoko vs capcom, even for $3 i still wouldn't waste my time on Too Human

[quote name='Thrinn']Those games have been in circulation long enough that it wouldn't be difficult to track down a copy. If it was something like NBA Elite 11 or a sealed copy of the unedited version of GTA:SA that were only available briefly then it might be worth something.[/QUOTE]

the hot coffee SA was available for at least a year before they took it down. In fact Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Special Edition (the first version with the fix) is the rarest version, with the original and GH the most common.

Thanks, I tried to get this a few days ago and they weren't allowing me to add it to my cart. I think they had sales blocked or something because it wasn't showing out of stock at the time. Was able to order this time.

[quote name='stoned99']Great game, took a while to understand the sliding move, but played it coop and it was well worth the effort.

I'm interested how the destroy all inventory effects GS, if they own the stock and cannot get reimbursed then are they expected to take the loss for destroying the inventory ?[/QUOTE]
This should have 0 effect on GS's ability to sell it. This is for the studio's copies. Any unsold ones laying around.

Called my local Gamestop and they had a new copy in stock. Will be picking it up for my younger son when me and our 14yr old pick up Black Ops 2 tonight. He's only 3, so picking up cheap games like this for him works for me.

Thanks OP.

So when does the recall go into effect? What if companies refuse to send copies back for recall? I know at work all the time we get recalls but sometimes shit doesn't get sent back. I wouldn't be surprised to see some new copies still floating around.

Anyways don't think a NEW copy is going to go less then $6.

I like how the Games on Demand version is available at $30.

[quote name='Woocls']This should have 0 effect on GS's ability to sell it. This is for the studio's copies. Any unsold ones laying around.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, since the article clearly states that Silicone Knights must recall (from vendors) any unsold copies of the games, for destruction, at their own expense. This is more likely an attempt to simplify that, by fire selling remaining stock before the cutoff date when they have to recall them.

It's not a bad co-op game, but it's so boring single player, IMO. Get two copies and play with a friend.

I loved it, despite all the rough edges. Enjoyed it single player and coop. Played through it twice. Really, really disappointed we'll never see a sequel as the end is a setup for the next.

[quote name='Maskim']I disagree, since the article clearly states that Silicone Knights must recall (from vendors) any unsold copies of the games, for destruction, at their own expense. This is more likely an attempt to simplify that, by fire selling remaining stock before the cutoff date when they have to recall them.[/QUOTE]
Ah, I see that now. It appears that they have until Feb 21, 2013 to complete that process. None of these games were really in high demand before and there are plenty of used games floating in the secondary market the price on these will be unchanged.

[quote name='Maskim']I disagree, since the article clearly states that Silicone Knights must recall (from vendors) any unsold copies of the games, for destruction, at their own expense. This is more likely an attempt to simplify that, by fire selling remaining stock before the cutoff date when they have to recall them.[/QUOTE]

But the fact is they don't have the money to make it possible and that's not even counting the money they've been ordered to pay. Other than the copies left at their studio all other copies are going to stay in circulation.

[quote name='mkelehan']It's not a bad co-op game, but it's so boring single player, IMO. Get two copies and play with a friend.[/QUOTE]

I found it bearable only with a co-op partner.

Wonder how long the servers will stay up after this news (there is no local co-op option, only online).

I really doubt that is ever going to be a market for sealed copies of this, though there will undoubtedly be people trying to offload at huge markups claiming it's rare and all the copies were destroyed.

[quote name='theeipi']i still have the recalled version of LBP - never did see that soar in price like i had hoped[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened, or rather didn't happen, with Kakuto Chojin for the original Xbox. It even got recalled for the same reason and never went up in value.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I really doubt that is ever going to be a market for sealed copies of this, though there will undoubtedly be people trying to offload at huge markups claiming it's rare and all the copies were destroyed.[/QUOTE]

Since you brought up "destroyed" copies, I looked up the Atari 2600 E.T. game. Sealed copies are going for $20. I wouldn't expect much from Too Human either.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Since you brought up "destroyed" copies, I looked up the Atari 2600 E.T. game. Sealed copies are going for $20. I wouldn't expect much from Too Human either.[/QUOTE]

I think most of us knew not to expect much from Too Human. Only those who worshiped at the Altar of Eternal Darkness thought otherwise.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Can't add to cart nor could I yesterday. Anyone able to actually purchase this online?[/QUOTE]

Was just gonna ask the same question.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Since you brought up "destroyed" copies, I looked up the Atari 2600 E.T. game. Sealed copies are going for $20. I wouldn't expect much from Too Human either.[/QUOTE]

If it weren't for the destruction of copies, at this point Too Human would have already sold 99% of the copies it was ever going to sell. Because of this, that number might be more like 97% because some people are now scooping it up thinking it will become valuable. It's an old game without much hope of a sequel that a lot of people didn't like very much and I don't think it's going to be any more rare now than it would have if the lawsuit hadn't happened. How much longer would it have been before they were destroyed simply for taking up warehouse space?

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I think most of us knew not to expect much from Too Human.[/QUOTE]It seemed like Dyack was out there doing an excessive amount of damage control for this game a year or two before it was even released. This was a pretty interesting read on the troubled development of their X-men game.

bread's done
Back