Will the non motion plus controller work with the Wii U?

The noise coming out of google when trying to search anything to do with Wii U controller is deafening. I thought I remember seeing something about the Wii U requiring motion plus.

Anyone know if that's true?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='speedracer']The noise coming out of google when trying to search anything to do with Wii U controller is deafening. I thought I remember seeing something about the Wii U requiring motion plus.

Anyone know if that's true?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

If you're playing a Wii game that doesn't require it, I think you're good. I imagine Wii U titles will require WM+ though.

While its safe to say that most all new Wii U titles will incorporate / require Wii Motion Plus, this isn't to say that some developers won't utilize the standard Wii remotes as an input method. I imagine bargain Wii U games will still use that method as an option.

As theflicker points out, keep any additional remotes handy for Wii backwards compatibility play, though.

All Wii U titles require Wii Motion Plus. So if you are attempting to play a Wii U game, the original non motion+ controller is not going to work. I believe this is a requirement set by Nintendo.

I am not sure about the Wii backwards compatibility. But Nintendo has not been terribly forthcoming in that regard. We will most likely find out more details as we get closer to launch. Check some of the regular blog sites for information. Most of them have gotten early release Wii Us and should be able to provide these kinds of details.

I think Nintendo said they were leaving it up to the developers. I'm pretty sure every Nintendo title will. But I think some third-party titles don't.

[quote name='Richard Kain']All Wii U titles require Wii Motion Plus. So if you are attempting to play a Wii U game, the original non motion+ controller is not going to work. I believe this is a requirement set by Nintendo.

I am not sure about the Wii backwards compatibility. But Nintendo has not been terribly forthcoming in that regard. We will most likely find out more details as we get closer to launch. Check some of the regular blog sites for information. Most of them have gotten early release Wii Us and should be able to provide these kinds of details.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm my OG Wii Mote worked fine with Super Mario Bros U.

bread's done
Back