GameFly November 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $15 Blowout + Buy 2, Save $12

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#91 swanz88

swanz88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

I bit on SR3. I already have a bunch of gamefly packages on my bookshelf that I haven't even opened yet lol. I have Fallout 3 GOTY and Oblivion GOTY for $10 coming in the mail from newegg. I have a game deal buying addiction. I can't stop myself.
Edit: I also just bought Dead Rising 2 OTR from Target on clearance for $15 tonight.

#92 Magus500

Magus500

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

http://www.gamefly.c...-XIII-2/146625/

FF 13 x 2 is free shipping at 9.99 not sure if it is a deal as well.

#93 knees_n_elbows

knees_n_elbows

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

cool got to pick up a few games i wanted that i wasnt willing to pay more than 15 bucks for. DKC returns and the Ico collection.
Posted Image

#94 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

http://www.gamefly.c...-XIII-2/146625/

FF 13 x 2 is free shipping at 9.99 not sure if it is a deal as well.

Thanks for pointing it out, but it's already in the OP.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#95 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Thanks, picked up ng3 and scv for ps3. Mediocre games, but ones I wanted for my collection.

#96 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

You guys are the best when it comes to helping a man limit his spending and maximizing enjoyment, so let me pose question.

How bad is Operation Raccoon City? I am contemplating buying 3 copies, 1 for me and 2 for friends (we are best buds and play as many co-op games together as possible). Is it worth it just to have a game to stomp through, collect achievements and whatnot? I wish a demo existed, but alas, it doesn't.

Thanks in advance for any advice given, and I hope this doesn't bother too many people who like to keep the threads strictly on topic.

#97 bascubs29

bascubs29

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

I picked up Vanilla Arkham City for 15. It's not in the OP but I figured it would be worth mentioning.

#98 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

You guys are the best when it comes to helping a man limit his spending and maximizing enjoyment, so let me pose question.

How bad is Operation Raccoon City? I am contemplating buying 3 copies, 1 for me and 2 for friends (we are best buds and play as many co-op games together as possible). Is it worth it just to have a game to stomp through, collect achievements and whatnot? I wish a demo existed, but alas, it doesn't.

Thanks in advance for any advice given, and I hope this doesn't bother too many people who like to keep the threads strictly on topic.

I'll be the first to say this (watch 5-10 more posts follow mine with the same answer), even though I haven't played it myself and can only voice what I've heard others say:

BAD. ORC is very BAD. Just...BAD.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

#99 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

I'll be the first to say this (watch 5-10 more posts follow mine with the same answer), even though I haven't played it myself and can only voice what I've heard others say:

BAD. ORC is very BAD. Just...BAD.

Thanks for the warning, I figure I would just see if the ground level opinions were the same as the hivemind of the regular internet reviewing community. Thanks for saving me some money and misery.

#100 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

For 9 bucks per, go for it. Overall reviews are mediocre but it's a LOT better with friends. Decide for yourself, easily get your money back if you don't like it.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#101 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

For 9 bucks per, go for it. Overall reviews are mediocre but it's a LOT better with friends. Decide for yourself, easily get your money back if you don't like it.

It's bearable with human co-op partners, maybe even enjoyable for some, but playing solo with the A.I. partners will probably cause gamer rage.

#102 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Thx OP picked up test drive and hey if its not to my liking I'll trade it on to BBY for a small profit :)
Posted Image

#103 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Thx OP picked up test drive and hey if its not to my liking I'll trade it on to BBY for a small profit :)

Assuming the 100% bonus ends this week, you'll have to trade it in before Sunday to get that profit.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#104 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Good job Gamefly. My wife has been bugging me for a Zumba Kinect game that is NOT the first one, and Gamefly delivers.

#105 LimeWire

LimeWire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

SR3 still contains a digital copy of SR2? I thought they stopped putting them in the case.

#106 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

For those 1 or 2 people who are looking at :360: Tropico 4, be aware that the Gold Edition was released today. It's currently listed at $39.99 but if you can get it for for $30 or less, it'll be just as good a deal as buying the used vanilla edition for $14.99 + $15 for the Modern Times DLC. and it will be on disc.

If you've already waited this long to pick it up, may as well wait for the Gold Edition to drop.

Edit: And the Sale ends 2012/11/19.

Edited by Bosamba, 14 November 2012 - 01:15 AM.

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#107 farva2

farva2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

FINALLY, been waiting for a good price on Ghost Recon. Now it can sit on my pile of unplayed, still packaged games in my closet!

#108 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

sale ends 11/10?!

hmm sonic generation for $13.....i couldve sworn it was cheaper before?
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#109 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

SR3 still contains a digital copy of SR2? I thought they stopped putting them in the case.

The on-line pass for the PS3 version automatically gives SR2 when redeemed, at least it did as of last month, even though the free SR2 promo was supposed to end in March of last year.

#110 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

sale ends 11/10?!

hmm sonic generation for $13.....i couldve sworn it was cheaper before?

It was $9.99 the last time it was on sale.

#111 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

In for Birds of Steel! ... wonder if I'm the only one?

ach.png

#112 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

Surprised nobody is talking about Yakuza: Dead Souls. Any opinions on whether it's worth the $15+tax or not? Any opinions on Bodycount would be welcome as well.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#113 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

Surprised nobody is talking about Yakuza: Dead Souls. Any opinions on whether it's worth the $15+tax or not? Any opinions on Bodycount would be welcome as well.

Bodycount is atrocious.

#114 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

No, No, NO to Bodycount. Very mediocre and crap compared to other modern shooters. (yes I played Black).

Now I personally loved Yakuza Dead Souls. Then again I like the series in general. If you played the previous Yakuza games and like zombie games, it should be a no brainer at the price. The qualms I had with it was the controls. It was really awkward shooting and moving.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#115 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

Bodycount is atrocious.

pretty much

as for Yakuza, I personally don't like the series but i've heard more good than bad things about this one

#116 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

maybe cuz yakuza dead souls is sold out?

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#117 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

I asked this a while ago and the answer was a unanimous no. Very hard to find a game where everyone agrees it stinks.

#118 paean

paean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Burnt out in most genres so I bought Birds of Prey, maybe an arcadey flight-sim is the cure.

#119 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

wouldnt say everyone. i love that game for the multiplayer.

I asked this a while ago and the answer was a unanimous no. Very hard to find a game where everyone agrees it stinks.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#120 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Been looking forward to this sale, surprising nothing I need this time around.....had my eye on cartoon network game but think I will just pass this time....thanks for sharing OP!