Photo
- - - - -

Kmart $15 off gaming purchase of $15 or more coupon valid during Black Friday! YMMV

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#361 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

With this coupon I'm wondering if I can buy 2 $9.99 clearance games and then essentially get them both for $5 with the $15 off coupon. Or does it have to be used on ONE game priced $15 or higher.

#362 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

With this coupon I'm wondering if I can buy 2 $9.99 clearance games and then essentially get them both for $5 with the $15 off coupon. Or does it have to be used on ONE game priced $15 or higher.

Your idea will work :)
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#363 dragoon99

dragoon99

Objection!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Darn missed it... shoulda stayed that day and found the clearance bin.

#364 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Okay, just to be clear... did the glitch (which now seems to have been fixed by K-Mart as people are reporting) result in you getting the $15 gaimng coupon with:

A) Any amount of purchase in gaming
B) $15 worth of gaming purchases (as noted on the topic title)
C) $5 worth of gaming purchases

#365 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

A. The $15 in the title refers to the minimum required for the purchase you'll be using the coupon on.

#366 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

A. The $15 in the title refers to the minimum required for the purchase you'll be using the coupon on.

Yeah, I know what the coupon is for. I've bought plenty of games at K-mart and received those $15 coupons before.

But to get those coupons while buying like $2 games on clearance... man, too bad I missed out on this deal!

#367 rckola911

rckola911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

man i got 3 coupons but what sucks is my kmart doesnt have crap in stock, im hoping they will have some wii u games in soon anyone hear anything about thius?

#368 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

Yeah, I know what the coupon is for. I've bought plenty of games at K-mart and received those $15 coupons before.

But to get those coupons while buying like $2 games on clearance... man, too bad I missed out on this deal!

Worked on some penny games actually )

#369 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Okay, just to be clear... did the glitch (which now seems to have been fixed by K-Mart as people are reporting) result in you getting the $15 gaimng coupon with:

A) Any amount of purchase in gaming
B) $15 worth of gaming purchases (as noted on the topic title)
C) $5 worth of gaming purchases

A. Any amount of purchase (spefically games though, it was reported here that accessories did not work).

So, yeah, we got coupons with our penny games when the glitch was live...

#370 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

My kmart has a bunch of games that are most likley 1 penny to 5$ but they have those generic upcs on them
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#371 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:55 AM

Debating using coupons to pick up cheap games for the backlog or using them to flip Thanksgiving day Kmart games to Gamestop.

#372 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Debating using coupons to pick up cheap games for the backlog or using them to flip Thanksgiving day Kmart games to Gamestop.

Same here. I will probably buy 2-3 games (some to flip, one to keep) and use the rest of my coupons on MS Points because those will never really drop in price as compared to games. And, to buy MS Points at 75% off is just never really going to happen ever again.

#373 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Same here. I will probably buy 2-3 games (some to flip, one to keep) and use the rest of my coupons on MS Points because those will never really drop in price as compared to games. And, to buy MS Points at 75% off is just never really going to happen ever again.

True...same with PSN. I could resubscribe to PS+ on the cheap and get a ton of free games and discounts.

#374 Crunkking01

Crunkking01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Thanks for the information. If I come in and do like 5 separate transactions to use all my coupons would I get in trouble? I doubt it, but you never know. I was planning on just buying $20 Wii U cards with all my coupons for 75% off games.

Unless you have a douchebag working, you'll be fine. The coupons say transaction, and you'll be doing multiple transactions. If you were to come into my store, you'd be perfectly fine no matter who it is since management wouldn't care. Just might not want to do it closer to Thanksgiving when it's busy, but that's just courtesy.

#375 Uso

Uso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Anyone got banned from sywr? Tried to redeem points today and it said acct temporary suspended

#376 Crunkking01

Crunkking01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

Anyone got banned from sywr? Tried to redeem points today and it said acct temporary suspended

How many coupons did you get? Were they just extremely cheap purchases?

If you really are banned, just get a new account. You might have to use a different number, but your coupons should still work all the same.

#377 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

My account was suspended. I made 9 transactions the night I went to Kmart. I just called the 800 number on the back of the card and they restored my account. The guy I spoke too said that I had too many transactions in a short period of time.

#378 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

If you login to your account online does it say anything?

#379 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

I'm going to Kmart in the morning and plan to use a few coupons.

#380 Shabow

Shabow

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Just got back from the Kmart. They only had two basic Wii Us at my store! :roll:

Anyway, I got a copy of ZombiU with one of my $15 coupons. There were no eshop money cards so I'll go back later this week when they'll probably be stocked.

For some reason their ZombiU box had a "Do Not Sell until 11/20" sticker on it. Luckily the guy working knew his shit, but make sure you tell them that it will NOT lock out the register if they scan it.

ZombiU with the $15 off plus the $10 coupon was pretty slick IMO. :)

#381 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

You can't get the coupon any more right? Also would have one have 1-2 coupons that maybe they may not use if you do please PM me. I couldn't get our their this week, really want to get dishonored!
Posted Image

#382 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

I would put a Wii U on layaway but I would regret getting the basic down the road.

#383 Fabs

Fabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

You can only use one coupon per transaction right?

#384 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Wtf the Kmarts I went to only had 1 copy of ass creed and ESPN sports and no other wii u games and accessories to be found. Would most of the Wii u stuff still be in the back? Ended up getting Just Cause 2 PS3 and NBA Jam PS3 for 5 each after using the coupons.

#385 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

It's bait and switch.

#386 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Any word yet on if you can use both the regular $15, as well as the additional coupon some of us received by email with a different SKU?
Posted Image

#387 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Any word yet on if you can use both the regular $15, as well as the additional coupon some of us received by email with a different SKU?

History would indicate no, however I am sure someone will report back after trying. I'm gonna head out to kmart soon.

#388 midorix

midorix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

History would indicate no, however I am sure someone will report back after trying. I'm gonna head out to kmart soon.

I can confirm that you can only use one of them. If you try to use both the hard copy from the register and the copy from the e-mail, the coupon will error out with a message "exceeded the allowed usage" or something to that nature.

Good news is that you can use multiple coupons along as you're only apply one coupon per transaction (but not both e-mail and register coupon you got from the same transaction). The K-mart customer service was very nice and they had no problem transacting each game separately.

One challenge I had with K-mart is lack of inventory and pretty high pricing, even on older games:cry:. To top that off, the pricing is different from K-mart to K-mart and online. Pretty screwed up system but I guess that's the reason why some of us got the $15 coupon so I can't complain much.

Also, I'm sure some of you figured out that these coupons are in-store only. Funny thing is the online recognized the coupon but it won't accept it and shows message that this coupon is "in-store only".

I managed to get few $20 games for $5 after the coupon such as Uncharted 3 (vanilla version), Portal 2, and Deus Ex.

Edited by midorix, 18 November 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#389 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

I can confirm that you can only use one of them. If you try to use both the hard copy from the register and the copy from the e-mail, the coupon will error out with a message "exceeded the allowed usage" or something to that nature.

Good news is that you can use multiple coupons along as you're only apply one coupon per transaction (but not both th e-mail and register coupon you got from same transaction). The K-mart customer service was very nice and they had no problem transacting each game separately.

One challenge I had with K-mart is lack of inventory and pretty high pricing, even on older games:cry:. To top that off, the pricing is different from K-mart to K-mart and online. Pretty screwed up system but I guess that's the reason why some of us got the $15 coupon so I can't complain much.

I managed to get few $20 games for $5 after the coupon such as Uncharted 3 (vanilla version), Portal 2, and Deus Ex.

that is the same issue i have with my local k-mart, which is the inventory, and the prices.

#390 midorix

midorix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

that is the same issue i have with my local k-mart, which is the inventory, and the prices.

Yea....but at least I got the games I wanted for $5 without waiting in line or having to be the expert computer sniper in Amazon's lightning deal so this was not a bad deal.

I did have to go to three different K-mart (planned ahead), spent 2 gallons in gas (=$7.70) offset by $7 Shop Your Way Rewards points that was going to expire tomorrow so all turned out good.

I also had some nice conversation with several people who were there early to get hands on the new Wii U being released today.