Photo
- - - - -

Kmart $15 off gaming purchase of $15 or more coupon valid during Black Friday! YMMV

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#121 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

That list is definitely YMMV, cuz Lego Star Wars was coming up $15 at my store.

I'll be making a 2nd trip later today to check out more games.

Yup, YMMV. No universally definite list. Check KMart clearance thread for a better idea though. Here's the link for that thread: New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

#122 wastdmnds

wastdmnds

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Picked up
PS3 TV superstars .01
and received the coupon.

#123 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

That list is definitely YMMV, cuz Lego Star Wars was coming up $15 at my store.

I'll be making a 2nd trip later today to check out more games.

Which one did you check cause the older one should ring up at clearance

#124 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

The store I went to had a late drop in prices. So, I could imagine Yakuza 4 PS3 $4.97 being universal.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#125 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

I went to kmart got my game, the cashier looked at the coupon. She said it was a mistake ripped it up and threw it away. I just laughed and walked away, needless to say I'm not keeping the game just because she was a *****.

#126 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

I went to kmart got my game, the cashier looked at the coupon. She said it was a mistake ripped it up and threw it away. I just laughed and walked away, needless to say I'm not keeping the game just because she was a *****.

I would have complained to the manager. That kinda shit is unacceptable.

#127 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

I bought Dragon Age Origins: Awakening and Dragon Age 2 (PS3) for $5 each and got 2 $15 coupon. Also e-receipt, so hopefully that means 4 coupons. Definitely gonna use it on some PSN cards and sell the 2 games at cost off craigslist.
When checking for prices, if a game has an add-on price tag, especially the green ones, they're most likely $4.97 games. The ones with Value sticker or huge prices on them, those are more likely the right prices.

#128 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

I will do so when I return there Friday. She was also stalking me like I was going to steal something. I told her I was just scanning games for stocking stuffers.

P.S. I'm just going to hit up the kmart in the city I drill in, very friendly customer service. I just hope it still works Friday.

#129 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Random Access Memories

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Got mine today, no success with the penny games though.

#130 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

I will do so when I return there Friday. She was also stalking me like I was going to steal something. I told her I was just scanning games for stocking stuffers.

P.S. I'm just going to hit up the kmart in the city I drill in, very friendly customer service. I just hope it still works Friday.

haha i was afraid the employees would do that when I was going to scan the pile of games, but fortunately, they didn't.

#131 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

That kinda shit annoys me to no end. Especially when they act like you are gonna steal games if you are carrying more than 2 or 3 games.

#132 theblizzman

theblizzman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Just tried to print the e-mailed coupon and when I go to print it an error pops up "Offer code missing re-open e-mail" in the middle of the coupon. I am going to just try and either do a screen capture of the coupon or print the email itself (it has a barcode). Wondering if this is just me or are others seeing the same issue.

#133 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

The coupons are nice, but I think I like the penny and $5 games even more. I just hope my KMart has those same ones for the same prices.. the electronics section isn't very pretty
Willing to trade: RAGE steam key, Brink steam key, Dota2 keys, Metro 2033 steam key.
Want: Xbox stuff, WoW time, any other offers.

#134 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hmm, i guess ill stop at a kmart on the way home

#135 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

She was right though.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#136 Shabow

Shabow

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Just tried to print the e-mailed coupon and when I go to print it an error pops up "Offer code missing re-open e-mail" in the middle of the coupon. I am going to just try and either do a screen capture of the coupon or print the email itself (it has a barcode). Wondering if this is just me or are others seeing the same issue.

The same thing happened to me on my emails. Just screen cap it with the barcode and you should be good to go.

She was right though.

I guess, but it's not her job to enforce the corporate coupon system. If I was her I would just laugh and say "looks like you lucked out". I mean, it's not like he was intentionally abusing it, just buying a few games.

#137 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

I guess, but it's not her job to enforce the corporate coupon system. If I was her I would just laugh and say "looks like you lucked out". I mean, it's not like he was intentionally abusing it, just buying a few games.

He bought one game knowing that this glitch would happen. That's intentional abuse.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#138 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

She was right though.

He bought one game knowing that this glitch would happen. That's intentional abuse.

I'm going to go try this myself, but this man is right.

lol

The coupons are mistakes and we are abusing the system in doing it. It definitely sucks she actually did her job, but you can't really fault her for doing her job.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#139 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

How can you tell which games are a penny and which games are $5? Are they specifically marked that in a bin of some sort, or do they just ring up that?
Willing to trade: RAGE steam key, Brink steam key, Dota2 keys, Metro 2033 steam key.
Want: Xbox stuff, WoW time, any other offers.

#140 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

I'm going to go try this myself, but this man is right.

lol

The coupons are mistakes and we are abusing the system in doing it. It definitely sucks she actually did her job, but you can't really fault her for doing her job.

Exactly. I don't care if you guys take advantage of this glitch but to feel entitled to it or get pissed when it doesn't work out for you is too much.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#141 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Let's see here.

$10 for game. You couldn't trade in a $10 game for more than the cost of an envelope. You aren't getting a very good game or one you would have bought otherwise.

Gives you $15 coupon. Nice coupon.

You need to pay at least $15 (excludes sale items?). You're basically getting $5 off at that point.

You pay $20+tax for Playstation card. You pay $6.40 now (+$10 from before = $16.40) and get the Playstation card. You also had to make 2 trips to Kmart, and deal with their terrible electronics employees just to save $3.60.

That's not worth the trip to me. That's if you can even find games for $10 that will work.

That is the basically the best scenario too. If you're paying $60 a game but using the coupon it's not as good either. I'm sure they exclude sale items and especially blow outs.

Oh well, not worth my time though.

#142 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

I'm not even mentioning the whole gimme the coupon fiasco. I know I'm wrong on that front she gave the ad to look at. I just didn't like her stalking me then asking about what I had in my hands. She asked me where one of the games went. I told her it was on the shelf. Then I asked her if she wanted to search my coat. Sorry for the rant, I was just a little upset. I've never stolen a thing in my life.

#143 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Exactly. I don't care if you guys take advantage of this glitch but to feel entitled to it or get pissed when it doesn't work out for you is too much.

Yep, it's really disgusting how this has gone. Now it's more about what exploits you can find rather than finding the best deals. Which employees you can trick into messing up and giving you a pricematch.

Just a bunch of mini con-men. It is disgusting.

#144 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Which one did you check cause the older one should ring up at clearance

It was a Wii game, so that might be the difference.

Just got back from my 2nd trip, didn't get anything, The 360 clearance games are slim pickins. The only $4.97 game I found was De Blob2. Might just stick w/ the 2 coupons I have already.

#145 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'm not even mentioning the whole gimme the coupon fiasco. I know I'm wrong on that front she gave the ad to look at. I just didn't like her stalking me then asking about what I had in my hands. She asked me where one of the games went. I told her it was on the shelf. Then I asked her if she wanted to search my coat. Sorry for the rant, I was just a little upset. I've never stolen a thing in my life.

Then GTFO and don't go back! America doesn't need you shopping at our stores. You're a guy going in looking to spend $1 in order to steal money from the company and get an exploit. Why should anyone care about you? Stay out of the store then.

#146 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Then GTFO and don't go back! America doesn't need you shopping at our stores. You're a guy going in looking to spend $1 in order to steal money from the company and get an exploit. Why should anyone care about you? Stay out of the store then.

Jesus christ, overreact much?
Posted Image

#147 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

jesus christ, overreact much?

+1

#148 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

How can you tell which games are a penny and which games are $5? Are they specifically marked that in a bin of some sort, or do they just ring up that?

Best way is to take the games to a scanner and scan them. K-mart clearance is ymmv.

Let's see here.

$10 for game. You couldn't trade in a $10 game for more than the cost of an envelope. You aren't getting a very good game or one you would have bought otherwise.

Gives you $15 coupon. Nice coupon.

You need to pay at least $15 (excludes sale items?). You're basically getting $5 off at that point.

You pay $20+tax for Playstation card. You pay $6.40 now (+$10 from before = $16.40) and get the Playstation card. You also had to make 2 trips to Kmart, and deal with their terrible electronics employees just to save $3.60.

That's not worth the trip to me. That's if you can even find games for $10 that will work.

That is the basically the best scenario too. If you're paying $60 a game but using the coupon it's not as good either. I'm sure they exclude sale items and especially blow outs.

Oh well, not worth my time though.

Not the best case scenario. People have been finding $5 and penny games, and some games are pretty good (Yakuza: Dead Souls?)

That definitely sucks and reason to be upset. Honestly, I am used to getting watched in stores. Maybe I need to dress more like a pleasantville resident and change ethnicity :)

Yep, it's really disgusting how this has gone. Now it's more about what exploits you can find rather than finding the best deals. Which employees you can trick into messing up and giving you a pricematch.

Just a bunch of mini con-men. It is disgusting.

Feels like you just came here to rant. I'm usually 50/50 on these things. In this case, calling it disgusting and con men is a bit much. K-mart should really be above these sort of glitches as a corporation and no one is being deceptive in taking advantage of it.

Edit:
And I see it is confirmed you came here to rant...lol
People and their agendas.. smh

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#149 BetterToGive

BetterToGive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Nope, I just tell it like it is. I don't have to sugarcoat it for you or anyone else.

#150 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Feels like you just came here to rant. I'm usually 50/50 on these things. In this case, calling it disgusting and con men is a bit much. K-mart should really be above these sort of glitches as a corporation and no one is being deceptive in taking advantage of it.

If you know it's wrong, then it's wrong. If someone leaves their car unlocked, that doesn't mean you get to steal their radio and then say, "Well, they should have locked their car."

jayremedy.png

sig.gif