Metal Gear Solid HD Collection PS3/Vita Best Buy Reward Zone $20

walkonshadows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
If you are a Reward Zone member, go check the "Gamer's Club Offers" section on the reward zone website, they have a $10 off Metal gear Solid HD Collection printable coupon tied to your account (member number) that expires on the 24th. That makes it $20. It can be used on both the PS3 version or the Vita version, however note that the Vita version does not include PeaceWalker). Coupon says in store only and not valid on the website.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS Vita)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='walkonshadows']If you are a Reward Zone member, go check the "Gamer's Club Offers" section on the reward zone website, they have a $10 off Metal gear Solid HD Collection printable coupon tied to your account (member number) that expires on the 24th. That makes it $20. It can be used on both the PS3 version or the Vita version, however note that the Vita version does not include Metal Gear Solid 2). Coupon says in store only and not valid on the website.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS Vita)[/QUOTE]

Actually the Vita version doesnt have peacewalker, it does include MGS 2 Sons of Liberty.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Actually the Vita version doesnt have peacewalker, it does include MGS 2 Sons of Liberty.[/QUOTE]

Fixed, Thanks. That's why I wikified it.

Does this game go on sale often? The PS3 version that is..
It seems to be the only HD collection that's pricey at the moment.

[quote name='redmangoose']Does this game go on sale often? The PS3 version that is..
It seems to be the only HD collection that's pricey at the moment.[/QUOTE]

PS3 version hardly ever goes on sale :cry:

Did it also get an msrp drop to $29.99 recently or is that just a bestbuy sale? I noticed it about a week ago.

[quote name='scottman']Did it also get an msrp drop to $29.99 recently or is that just a bestbuy sale? I noticed it about a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Could be that or a title sale nationwide...

Gamestop has it for $30 as well.

[quote name='aznhero913']Could be that or a title sale nationwide...

Gamestop has it for $30 as well.[/QUOTE]

Target still has it at 40

Hmmm, for $20 for 3 games, sounds like a good deal & the best way to try out the series. On the other hand, I've got so many other games coming out this month, plus at the moment, & might see this game hit that price on Black Friday or another sale.

Cheers just got my vita, gonna pick this up
cvita

I have the dilemma of my PS2 being pretty tired (and owning the MGS PS2 collection) and a non-BC PS3 (my 60GB ylod ages ago). So I've been kind of on the fence about the HD collection, since I already own the PS2 versions. Ugh. I do want to try Peacewalker though. Fellow CAGs, anyone want to vouch for the HD collection over the PS2 version collection? Is it worth re-buying?

Thanks to the OP for the link, I'll have to mull this over.

[quote name='Double-J']I have the dilemma of my PS2 being pretty tired (and owning the MGS PS2 collection) and a non-BC PS3 (my 60GB ylod ages ago). So I've been kind of on the fence about the HD collection, since I already own the PS2 versions. Ugh. I do want to try Peacewalker though. Fellow CAGs, anyone want to vouch for the HD collection over the PS2 version collection? Is it worth re-buying?

Thanks to the OP for the link, I'll have to mull this over.[/QUOTE]

It really is worth every penny, especially for peace walker. The online component is still functional on PW as well

Nice! Printed off the Coupon, will try to hit Best Buy today to get in on this. I can't wait to play Peacewalker with the PS3 controls instead of PSP.

[quote name='Zonic505']Hmmm, for $20 for 3 games, sounds like a good deal & the best way to try out the series. On the other hand, I've got so many other games coming out this month, plus at the moment, & might see this game hit that price on Black Friday or another sale.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's $20 for 5 games. The version of Metal Gear Solid 3 that's included is the Subsistence Edition, and thus has ports of the MSX version of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

[quote name='Double-J']I have the dilemma of my PS2 being pretty tired (and owning the MGS PS2 collection) and a non-BC PS3 (my 60GB ylod ages ago). So I've been kind of on the fence about the HD collection, since I already own the PS2 versions. Ugh. I do want to try Peacewalker though. Fellow CAGs, anyone want to vouch for the HD collection over the PS2 version collection? Is it worth re-buying?

Yes. Absolutely.

[quote name='razorracer83']Actually it's $20 for 5 games. The version of Metal Gear Solid 3 that's included is the Subsistence Edition, and thus has ports of the MSX version of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.[/QUOTE]
good point

Do it. It looks fantastic and Peacewalker is a great game. Judging from the trailer for Ground Zeroes, you are going to want to be familiar with the plot to Peacewalker.

Nice deal, thanks. And this has been slower to drop than most HD collections. Still, I can't help but wonder if this will eventually be $15.99 w/free shipping at Newegg sooner than later...

[quote name='aus_nacht']Target still has it at 40[/QUOTE]

Picked up the 360 version, on clearance, for $20. They also had the PS3 version for $20, but I doubt the Vita version was that price.

Anyone know what are the differences between the 360 & PS3? Either than the cross compatibility with Peacewalker.

Hmm...I have the Vita version already, but would it be worth trading in to BBY to "upgrade" to the :ps3: version for Peace Walker?

The thing I love about the Vita version is that I can play it on-the-go, and I have enough to get through in my backlog as it is, so would swapping versions be the way to go?

[quote name='Kuma']It really is worth every penny, especially for peace walker. The online component is still functional on PW as well[/QUOTE]

Many thanks to everyone in this thread. I'll stop by BB tomorrow. :applause:

Thanks, OP. I was disappointed that Gamestop neglected to include this in their HD collection sale. Glad I was able to snag it elsewhere for the price I wanted.

[quote name='jazzman']Picked up the 360 version, on clearance, for $20. They also had the PS3 version for $20, but I doubt the Vita version was that price.

Anyone know what are the differences between the 360 & PS3? Either than the cross compatibility with Peacewalker.[/QUOTE]

The biggest thing I saw when I looked it up is the control layout and pressure sensitive controls (ps3 has it, xbox does not). People almost universally prefer the ps3 version.

[quote name='razorracer83']Actually it's $20 for 5 games. The version of Metal Gear Solid 3 that's included is the Subsistence Edition, and thus has ports of the MSX version of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.[/QUOTE]

and both of those games are awesome.

people who haven't played MG2: Solid Snake are in for a big surprise. Best 8-bit game ever.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']and both of those games are awesome.

people who haven't played MG2: Solid Snake are in for a big surprise. Best 8-bit game ever.[/QUOTE]

I hate that they replaced the in-game character portraits. I wanted my Sean Connery as Big Boss!

I have 10 blades in RZ coupons. May have to finally bite.
I hate going to BB brick and motar cuz I always leave with dvds i don't really need

Well I went to pick this up today only to get something I didn't expect. I went to purchase the game with the RZ printed coupon, and it didn't work. It said it was a duplicate copy or something BS like that. So it only came out to $29.99 instead of $19.99. The cashier was telling me how the coupon won't work if the game is already on a sale price, I told her that it's already $29.99 that it should mark off $10 from that, but since the coupon wasn't working she said "sorry there's nothing else I can do, do you still want to buy it?" I looked at her like that was the dumbest question she could ever ask and told her no, thanks. Anyone else get that problem? Otherwise I might have to try another BB...

[quote name='AntZero']Well I went to pick this up today only to get something I didn't expect. I went to purchase the game with the RZ printed coupon, and it didn't work. It said it was a duplicate copy or something BS like that. So it only came out to $29.99 instead of $19.99. The cashier was telling me how the coupon won't work if the game is already on a sale price, I told her that it's already $29.99 that it should mark off $10 from that, but since the coupon wasn't working she said "sorry there's nothing else I can do, do you still want to buy it?" I looked at her like that was the dumbest question she could ever ask and told her no, thanks. Anyone else get that problem? Otherwise I might have to try another BB...[/QUOTE]:roll::roll: It's not a coupon. If there is a barcode on the "printed couon", it is simply your RZ account. You need to 'claim' the offer on the rz page, then it will work automatically when you go instore. I'm sure none of this is explained in the OP or the best buy page huh;)

Anyways, I had $10 in RZ certs. I love watching the total go from $40->$30->$20->$10, the look on a cashier's face is priceless:hot:

[quote name='shadowkast']:roll::roll: It's not a coupon. If there is a barcode on the "printed couon", it is simply your RZ account. You need to 'claim' the offer on the rz page, then it will work automatically when you go instore. I'm sure none of this is explained in the OP or the best buy page huh;)

Anyways, I had $10 in RZ certs. I love watching the total go from $40->$30->$20->$10, the look on a cashier's face is priceless:hot:[/QUOTE]

So basically in-store the game cost $39.99, and since the offer was already applied to my RZ account, it took off $10 to make it $29.99? Obviously I got confused since I thought the the game was $29.99 and the reward would make it $20.

I didn't even have to print anything out, just by scanning my reward zone card the price came down to $19.99...

[quote name='AntZero']So basically in-store the game cost $39.99, and since the offer was already applied to my RZ account, it took off $10 to make it $29.99? Obviously I got confused since I thought the the game was $29.99 and the reward would make it $20.[/QUOTE]

Dude, what? Are you dense? The game's current MSRP is $29.99. You're supposed to get it for $19.99 AFTER the coupon. You should have been more aggressive.

I picked one up. Just had to give the cashier the phone number attached to my rewardzone account.

[quote name='shadowkast']:roll::roll: It's not a coupon. If there is a barcode on the "printed couon", it is simply your RZ account. You need to 'claim' the offer on the rz page, then it will work automatically when you go instore. I'm sure none of this is explained in the OP or the best buy page huh;)[/QUOTE]

Zing.:applause: Made me laugh.

... AntZero:booty:

bread's done
Back