Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

Don't care for the new design at all.
I Didn't Mean To

#32 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

The new design reminds me of the YouTube app.

#33 J7.

J7.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

The new design makes it easier to find content. However, navigation is much worse. It's just slightly off with the way it scrolls and there is a little too much redundancy. Also some very poor design decisions like on movie sales they have a banner take up nearly half the screen and you can only see almost 2 rows of movies. Ridiculous. At least show 2 rows if not 3, not 1.8 rows.

Worst part is I went to download stuff and got a loading screen forever and an error, could not download item. Downloaded 2 other items after loading screen, but could not check out due to error. How are you supposed to make money Sony if we can't buy stuff from your store? Later found the items were available to redownload. Last, a big FAIL in not allowing us to filter our download list, especially with PS+ downloads. Ugh.

#34 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

The new design makes it easier to find content. However, navigation is much worse. It's just slightly off with the way it scrolls and there is a little too much redundancy. Also some very poor design decisions like on movie sales they have a banner take up nearly half the screen and you can only see almost 2 rows of movies. Ridiculous. At least show 2 rows if not 3, not 1.8 rows.

Worst part is I went to download stuff and got a loading screen forever and an error, could not download item. Downloaded 2 other items after loading screen, but could not check out due to error. How are you supposed to make money Sony if we can't buy stuff from your store? Later found the items were available to redownload. Last, a big FAIL in not allowing us to filter our download list, especially with PS+ downloads. Ugh.

Click Games > Add-Ons > Now good luck trying to find what you want, you won't. No list by GAME NAME, only by "maps" "weapons" "skins" etc, have fun browsing that list. The current fix is: Click Games > All PS3 Games > find game by name, then all add-ons should be under it. But still, how is that easier? How is anyone supposed to know that w/o being told? Why even have an add-on tab if it isn't organized?

Anyway, the DL purchased list has always been bad (I have ~1600 items in it) so hopefully they'll fix that. But what makes it worse is, the content you own, doesn't show up as owned. I needed to DL my Plants vs. Zombie Table for Zen Pinball 2, and it wanted to charge me $3.99. So searching and finding the item in the store is useless now (this happened to a lot of content, I'm just using this one example) meaning you have to sift through the DL history of 1.6k items to download it, frustrating considering old PSN store you could just go to add-ons or search your item, and DL from there.

I could go on and list more problems, but as I said before, I don't have anything positive to say about the new PSN redesign.

#35 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Im obviously in the minority here but I like the redesign a lot, especially the search.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#36 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

I still don't like it. Took me forever just to find the 3 month and 1 year PS+ subscription renewal icons on PSN.

#37 J7.

J7.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

Click Games > Add-Ons > Now good luck trying to find what you want, you won't. No list by GAME NAME, only by "maps" "weapons" "skins" etc, have fun browsing that list. The current fix is: Click Games > All PS3 Games > find game by name, then all add-ons should be under it. But still, how is that easier? How is anyone supposed to know that w/o being told? Why even have an add-on tab if it isn't organized?

Anyway, the DL purchased list has always been bad (I have ~1600 items in it) so hopefully they'll fix that. But what makes it worse is, the content you own, doesn't show up as owned. I needed to DL my Plants vs. Zombie Table for Zen Pinball 2, and it wanted to charge me $3.99. So searching and finding the item in the store is useless now (this happened to a lot of content, I'm just using this one example) meaning you have to sift through the DL history of 1.6k items to download it, frustrating considering old PSN store you could just go to add-ons or search your item, and DL from there.

I could go on and list more problems, but as I said before, I don't have anything positive to say about the new PSN redesign.

The previous store had that same type of strange organization problem, only in more areas. I can remember many times even searching for PS3 games on the old store and them not being in categories they should have appeared in. Had to find a hidden category to gain access. So that's nothing new.

That's crappy that the game is not showing up as owned. I was happy when the new store showed that Apps I previously downloaded did show up as purchased at least in the listings area.

#38 fallen_son85

fallen_son85

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

It would've been nice if they at least tried to hold to some remnants of the original design. Don't like this one at all. Too laggy.

#39 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Store takes too long to start up now and is laggy as hell. That and it froze up my PS3 the other day. No bueno.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#40 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

seems to be a lot better (actually functional) since I downloaded the latest update to the store late last night. I still cannot believe in building a new app for the store they didn't think to include a sort or filter option for your download list, that's criminal negligence.

Guardian_owl.png

#41 J7.

J7.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

If you search for an item that you've purchased, it won't say on the actual item's screen but it will say "Download" with a white bag next to it if you own it. Otherwise it will give the price. Hopefully this helps and I'm not wrong. It would've made more sense for the store to be more clear about it.

#42 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

If you search for an item that you've purchased, it won't say on the actual item's screen but it will say "Download" with a white bag next to it if you own it. Otherwise it will give the price. Hopefully this helps and I'm not wrong. It would've made more sense for the store to be more clear about it.

Nope. While that will work for a lot of things, my specific example is of the new PSN store bug. Some DLC I own, and even some games, do not show up as owned. They did on old store, but not new one, hence the displeasure with the new PSN store. Clicking add to cart, and continuing down the many click path, it will add a price to the cart even though I own it. The DL list will work, but navigating 1600+ items sucks.

#43 Fonz72

Fonz72

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Nope. While that will work for a lot of things, my specific example is of the new PSN store bug. Some DLC I own, and even some games, do not show up as owned. They did on old store, but not new one, hence the displeasure with the new PSN store. Clicking add to cart, and continuing down the many click path, it will add a price to the cart even though I own it. The DL list will work, but navigating 1600+ items sucks.

Yea, pretty much this. My download list is crazy. It NEEDS to be sortable. I also would love to know what dlc I have installed on my ps3.

#44 StilesCrisis

StilesCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

If it was as fast as the old store app, maybe it would be OK.

The startup time is inexcusably bad, and it actually gets choppy just scrolling around. For a simple 2D app, why drop frames? They clearly didn't optimize. I wonder if it's based on HTML or something.

#45 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

If it was as fast as the old store app, maybe it would be OK.

The startup time is inexcusably bad, and it actually gets choppy just scrolling around. For a simple 2D app, why drop frames? They clearly didn't optimize. I wonder if it's based on HTML or something.

Pretty sure they said it was HTML5.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#46 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

I know I am late to the party, but holy shit the site still sucks. I like the look and design, but since it takes so damn long to load and to move around it sucks monkey balls.

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#47 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

whoever designed this store should be fired. it was perfectly fine the way it was before

EightBitArtist.png

#48 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

How do you search for 3D games or PS Move games??? They took away those categories.

And also, how do you recommend games to your friend? I remember if you were browsing on the old version there was an option to send someone an IM about the game but I con't find that option now either.

The new store sucks.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check my GameFly Referral link here ;)