Uncharted:GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 free on PS+ for Vita

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#61 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yeah, not meaning to rain on anyone's parade, because this is a good deal - but, it's not a free game, it's a free lease on a game. The lease expires with your subscription and you lose the game. So, yeah, I'd still rather have a physical copy.

I see where you are coming from but I own Gravity Rush (sealed) which I would play and then sell off anyway. So now I can sell it but still have it to play. Plus I'm already a PS+ member so no extra $$$ out of pocket = sweet! The way I look at it is if I play something and it's so amazing I'll want to play it again I can always buy it again and probably at a cheaper price.

#62 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Crap, I already have four of those games for my Vita. Gotta get rid of Gravity Rush and Wipeout today then.

#63 rbanez

rbanez

Newb question, but can i put all those vita games on my DL list (thru ps3) even if i don't have a vita yet?

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#64 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I don't think there are many people arguing the value of the service. I even said that I think it's a great deal; people should just be aware it's a lease and that they have to continue to pay to keep the games. That's all. It's all based on your own personal value assessment.

#65 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

I have PS+ into May, 2014 and spent a total of $65 for those three years. I got ~$50 back today by selling physical copies of Uncharted and Gravity Rush on Vita and RE5 Gold on PS3. People who don't see the value of the service aren't paying attention frankly.

This X 1000

Pisses me off when ppl say I dont own the games. Im paid off through july 2014, and Im getting free games weekly, discounts up the wazoo, and if in 1.5 years I for some reason dont renew, I dont even think ill be touching any of the games anyway since ive had years to play them

#66 fuze9

fuze9

piddle patrol, assemble!

• CAGiversary!

I have PS+ into May, 2014 and spent a total of $65 for those three years. I got ~$50 back today by selling physical copies of Uncharted and Gravity Rush on Vita and RE5 Gold on PS3. People who don't see the value of the service aren't paying attention frankly.

I'm actually planning on doing just this. Where did you trade them in? Best I'm seeing for them would net me like $35ish.

#67 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

So excited. Glad I didn't buy any of those games even though they looked great.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#68 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

PS+ is by far the best gaming service out there. I have my current subscription until late 2014 so I'm content with the service. Besides if I play a game, and I don't like it; I can just delete the game from HDD and call it a day. No harm no foul.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#69 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

This thread may be a repost, but I only look at the pictures anyway.

#70 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

I don't see how you spent $65 on 3 years, when it's $150 for me for 3 years, unless I missed something? And, seriously, quoting some deal you got whenever it was is really helpful to people on the fence NOW about getting PS+, right?
www.bighugenerd.com

#71 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Quantum Conundrum is coming later today whenever the store updates

Thank you good sir! I'll be downloading that game when I get home later on. Thanks again for the heads up!

YouTube

#72 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yeah, not meaning to rain on anyone's parade, because this is a good deal - but, it's not a free game, it's a free lease on a game. The lease expires with your subscription and you lose the game. So, yeah, I'd still rather have a physical copy.

You're right, and hopefully everyone understands this. But the cost of the "lease" is less than $5 per month. Making it infinitely renewable at present time to pretty much anyone that has any source of income.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#73 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Most people are done with any game after a few weeks anyway. It would cost more than the subscription to buy and play all those games, even if you traded them in after you were done.

#74 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

3 of the top 7 threads on CAG at the moment are currently discussing this. Think maybe we can get 1 or 2 of these closed down/merged?

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#75 Traxstar

Traxstar

Gears Of War Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

I don't see how you spent $65 on 3 years, when it's $150 for me for 3 years, unless I missed something? And, seriously, quoting some deal you got whenever it was is really helpful to people on the fence NOW about getting PS+, right?

i spent about 150 on 10 years with the target screw up

#76 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

You missed out man. Target had a pricing error that marked the PS+ 1 Year cards to ~$15. I bought four of them, and I sold two. Then I received a year from that IGN promo. I think they were $39.99 at one point.

YouTube

#77 Jello1996

Jello1996

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Now I want a vita. Damnit Sony, I see what you're doing... and it's working.

#78 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Awesome stuff. Can't wait to get Jet Grind. I wonder how big the game is. I've only got the 4gb that came with the bundle.

#79 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

i spent about 150 on 10 years with the target screw up

You missed out man. Target had a pricing error that marked the PS+ 1 Year cards to ~$15. I bought four of them, and I sold two. Then I received a year from that IGN promo. I think they were $39.99 at one point.

Again, how does this help people NOW? 3 years = $150 (+tax?)
www.bighugenerd.com

#80 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

If it wasn't for 360 exclusives like Halo and...whatever else I would've stopped paying for XBL a long long time ago. Even their gold deals aren't as good as the deals you get on PS3. PS+ was already worth it when it was offering free and discounted games for the PS3 and now, with the Vita, is just icing on a already delicious cake.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#81 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Again, how does this help people NOW? 3 years = $150 (+tax?)

It doesn't help now, but I was just informing him about the situation. The only deal that I can recall now is the $15 off coupon at Best Buy in the COD Mag. Other than it's pretty much MSRP of $49.99 for one year.

YouTube

#82 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Great announcement! I took advantage of Walmart's "Buy 3 vita titles for $40", so I do own a few of these from that, but no complaining here. Anything that adds to the already great value of PS+ is excellent in my opinion. I'm already planning on downloading JSR, and not having to dig out my PSP UMD version of FFT? Sweet! :)

#83 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Uncharted golden abyss only trades in for $6, guess ill keep my hard copy then. Anybody know what it trades in for at gamestop?

#84 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

It doesn't help now, but I was just informing him about the situation. The only deal that I can recall now is the $15 off coupon at Best Buy in the COD Mag. Other than it's pretty much MSRP of $49.99 for one year.

The latest @Gamer magazine has a coupon for $5 off the CoD magazine, so that would be effectively $10 off the sub if you have it.

#85 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Uncharted golden abyss only trades in for $6, guess ill keep my hard copy then. Anybody know what it trades in for at gamestop?

$12 as of 10/31
Posted Image

#86 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

$12 as of 10/31

I called GS a little bit ago and was given the Uncharted GA TIV of $10 :(. I locked mine in at Amazon a little while ago for $18.90, but it looks as if it went down quite a bit.

#87 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I have played none of those games other than FFT. This is like Christmas come early. AWESOME.

#88 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Fantastic news,, can't wait to pick up Wipeout and Jet Set. I have the others, which were good picks as well. Hope we get a good rotation going on these, but a fantastic start.

#89 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

I called GS a little bit ago and was given the Uncharted GA TIV of $10 :(. I locked mine in at Amazon a little while ago for $18.90, but it looks as if it went down quite a bit.

Uncharted is definitely a copy that's better off selling on Ebay or another marketplace. I just managed to sell mine on Ebay for $25 before fees - so I'll net like $20.

#90 Adrianh92

Adrianh92

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

So I have an extra 30 day ps+ trial that i dont need. I wana trade it for bo2 nuketown zombies so if anyone wants it let me know!