Uncharted:GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048 free on PS+ for Vita

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#91 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

I have played none of those games other than FFT. This is like Christmas come early. AWESOME.

You are in for a treat. Uncharted is very good and Gravity Rush starts off strong, but became a chore about 2/3s the way through it.

#92 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yeah, not meaning to rain on anyone's parade, because this is a good deal - but, it's not a free game, it's a free lease on a game. The lease expires with your subscription and you lose the game. So, yeah, I'd still rather have a physical copy.

It's ok. I got like 5 years of PSN plus to the cheap thanks to Target. :D

#93 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Quick noob question. I have a Vita but not a PS3 and I'd like to take advantage of the free PS3 games since they'll probably expire in a month or two or so. Is there anyway to acquire these games now and then play them when I get a PS3 or do I have to own the PS3 to be able to lock in the free PS3 games? I hope that question makes sense...

#94 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I called GS a little bit ago and was given the Uncharted GA TIV of $10 :(. I locked mine in at Amazon a little while ago for $18.90, but it looks as if it went down quite a bit.

Better than the generous $3.00 BB is offering. :lol:

#95 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Quick noob question. I have a Vita but not a PS3 and I'd like to take advantage of the free PS3 games since they'll probably expire in a month or two or so. Is there anyway to acquire these games now and then play them when I get a PS3 or do I have to own the PS3 to be able to lock in the free PS3 games? I hope that question makes sense...

Unless I'm a noob myself, nope. I know what you mean though, kinda like how Xbox Live has the site you can access from a computer and add things to your download queue. PSN doesn't have anything like that and you need to access it through a PS3.

#96 daminion

daminion

If Sony included a year of PS+ with a new vita I'd be extremely tempted to go out and buy one. But they won't do anything this smart.

#97 sticnap

sticnap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Regardless, most people keep PS+ because they release new games every month. And ever since E3 they are releasing full retail games more and more. It easy to see the benefit, especially when compared to XBL imo.

#98 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Unless I'm a noob myself, nope. I know what you mean though, kinda like how Xbox Live has the site you can access from a computer and add things to your download queue. PSN doesn't have anything like that and you need to access it through a PS3.

Thanks! That's what I figured. Looks like it's finally time to buy a PS3 (probably for Black Friday)

#99 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Awesome stuff. Can't wait to get Jet Grind. I wonder how big the game is. I've only got the 4gb that came with the bundle.

Jet Grind Radio was originally a Dreamcast title. And Dreamcast titles came on custom GD-Rom discs, which stored around 1 Gigabyte of data. So Jet Grind Radio for the Vita probably won't take up any more than 1 Gigabyte. (and will probably be less, possibly much less) I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.

#100 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

So I could just get a 3 month subscription and then download and keep these games?

Or do I lose them when subscription is over?

#101 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

So I could just get a 3 month subscription and then download and keep these games?

Or do I lose them when subscription is over?

you can only play when you are subscribed

#102 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Free games you get from Playstation+ don't expire when your subscription lapses. It just means you won't be able to get any of the new free games that come out. If I download and install those free games on my PS3 and Vita, I will be able to continue enjoying them for as long as I please, even if I don't renew my Playstation+ subscription.

.....that's not true :roll:
You can only play the free games as long as you are a member.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#103 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

I guess this is a good enough time to renew my PS+ account/subscription.

#104 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

amazon tiv for Gravity Rush and Uncharted were 20.25 and 18.90 this morning, good thing I locked in couple hours ago, they are now tanked to 6.75 and 8.70

#105 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Now to find PS+ on the cheap...Anyone know any good deals on PS+ cards?

Ive seen them for only $38 on ebay! (compared to the standard $50 price tag)
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#106 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Newb question, but can i put all those vita games on my DL list (thru ps3) even if i don't have a vita yet?

yup!
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#107 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

YEAH!
I was waiting for a sale for Wipeout and Uncharted and now they're free*.
Uncharted is great to "rent" since I won't likely play it more than once.
And I already got Mutant Blobs and FFT on sale, so I'm doing a good job of winning with my Vita experience so far.

*no, they're not actually free but since I already spent the money, I'm not thinking about that for another year.

#108 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Again, how does this help people NOW? 3 years = $150 (+tax?)

It is relevant when people are questioning the cost of the service + the cost of storage versus the value they are receiving back. For those that spent significantly less for the cost of the service, it increases their returned value.

Not every post is to help you now. Discussion occurs and the scenario above was brought up. Relax.

Edited by Yanksfan, 13 November 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#109 Deathdenial

Deathdenial

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Thanks! That's what I figured. Looks like it's finally time to buy a PS3 (probably for Black Friday)

On that similar line, is PS + worth it if you have no plan to get a Playstation 3? I am contemplating this :-#

#110 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

If Sony included a year of PS+ with a new vita I'd be extremely tempted to go out and buy one. But they won't do anything this smart.

I don't know that it would be smart of them to do so. A month, maybe, but a year is a little excessive for them to give away. You can however partake in deals as they occur that include a free $50 GC and then use that on PS+.

#111 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

On that similar line, is PS + worth it if you have no plan to get a Playstation 3? I am contemplating this :-#

The only thing that pushed me over the edge was the COD Bestbuy magazine that they gave to me when I renewed my Gamer's Club; it had a $15 off coupon for a PS+ 1 Year sub that expires in a couple days.

#112 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

It is relevant when people are questioning the value of the service + the cost of storage versus the value they are receiving back. For those that spent significantly less for the cost of the service, it increases their returned value.

Not every post is to help you now. Discussion occurs and the scenario above was brought up. Relax.

i agree and while I have a few years free from IGN, I think the service would pay for itself multiple times over during the course of a year to justify even the full $50.

but nobody is locked into $50, you can always trade stuff in towards a card, wait for deals, etc. And they usually go for less than retail on Ebay, though you see this less and less as the service gets popular.

#113 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

That is pretty impressive. I wasn't expecting that from playstation plus.

kikyou1.png

#114 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

So instead of a permanent price cut, sony will just give away the games to encourage more unit sales. Well played sony!

#115 Deathdenial

Deathdenial

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

The only thing that pushed me over the edge was the COD Bestbuy magazine that they gave to me when I renewed my Gamer's Club; it had a $15 off coupon for a PS+ 1 Year sub that expires in a couple days.

I am guessing you could download Final fantasy tactics on the PSP as well if you have PS +? Or just the vita?

#116 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Wonder if my gamesaves will carry over to the digital versions?

#117 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

It didn't on the ps3 digital versions, maybe vita is different.

My GoW Origins Disc game saves carried over to the Digital versions from the GoW Saga dlc.

#118 Deathdenial

Deathdenial

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

I would say yes. As someone who has been debating a gravity rush purchase lately, it's still going for near to full price. Uncharted: GA is top notch and the vitas small library should score plus some great titles coming up and/or classics.

Thank you kind sir! I already purchased a 32 gb card... so now just need to find some decent price PS + Prepaid card. :D

#119 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Awesome. I've been saving my free year of PS+ from the Playstation Card for when it went live on the Vita. I already have 2 of those games but I'm stoked for the others. Fingers crossed for a PS+ deal that gives us 50% off of all PSP games. I want those GoW games.

Also, a lot of people are asking if you can "purchase" Vita games via their PS3 store. Do you think it'll work the other way around too? Can we download PS3 games via our Vitas? I'm away from my PS3 for the next month but I have my Vita with me.

#120 DarkPGR

DarkPGR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

so the only good games on the Vita will now be free on PS+... hopefully this will lure some of their loyal fanboys into the system...
Posted ImagePosted Image